Windows 10: Connect a Smart Card

Discus and support Connect a Smart Card in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I can't make any changes on my ASUS Laptop, every time I tried "connect a smart card" appear. This is a personal computer and I didn't use any smart... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Efren, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Efren Win User

Connect a Smart Card

I can't make any changes on my ASUS Laptop, every time I tried "connect a smart card" appear. This is a personal computer and I didn't use any smart card. Please help to sort this out. Thanks in advance.

:)

Efren, Nov 18, 2015

2. windows security patch states connect a smart card

As soon as I start DSC Management Utility of Indian Income Tax website [posted at incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in], I get a patch showing

Windows Securtiy

Smart Card

Select a Smart Card device

Connect a smart card

AKS VR 0

Connect a smart card

AKS ifdh 0

Connect a smart card

AKS ifdh 1

OK Cancel

On cancelling the button about 25 times, the programme of DSC Management opens.

This happens only on one computer Windows 10. On other Windows 10 computer, this problem does not occur.

Kindly help

RakeshMilwani, Nov 18, 2015
  3. Connect A Smart Card upon opening program

Hi Lee,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

• Does this issue occur on a local account or the Microsoft Account?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you installed all pending updates on the computer?
    • Which version of Windows 10 are you using?

I suggest you to update the NVidia GeForce Experience graphics card software from the manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

Steps to uninstall the Graphics Card Drivers and update from website.

1. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

2. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

3. Search for the Graphics Card from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete
    the driver software for this device
    ” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

5. Download the latest driver from the manufacturer’s website and install it on the system.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Nov 18, 2015
Thema:

Connect a Smart Card

1. Connect a Smart Card - Similar Threads - Connect Smart Card

2. smart card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    smart card: I just used laplink PC Mover to transfer from one PC to a new PC. At first, everything worked fine. Then I installed a legacy scanner and had some certificate issues getting it installed Scanner is an Epson ES-500W, and since then when I open Outlook 2007 I get a pop up...
  3. smart card

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    smart card: I just used laplink PC Mover to transfer from one PC to a new PC. At first, everything worked fine. Then I installed a legacy scanner and had some certificate issues getting it installed Scanner is an Epson ES-500W, and since then when I open Outlook 2007 I get a pop up...
  4. smart card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ..."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ...": Hello, I have the same issue like addodin in this case: addodin case. I installed all drivers and I can read certificates trough vendor software, but when I want to sign in with my smart card at web browser I faced the problem with: The smart card cannot perform ..Im using...
  6. Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ..."

Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ...": Hello, I have the same issue like addodin in this case: addodin case. I installed all drivers and I can read certificates trough vendor software, but when I want to sign in with my smart card at web browser I faced the problem with: The smart card cannot perform ..Im using...
  7. Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ..."

Smart card issue - "The smart card cannot perform ...": Hello all, sorry in advance for my English I'm French :I have an issue since I changed my computer last week. I use a French government website since 6 years who need a physical smart card with a certificat inside to run the website 1st step => the website read the smart card...
  8. Connect a smart card

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connect a smart card: I am using the digital signature on the remote desktop user and it shows the error "Connect a smart card"how to resolve the issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-a-smart-card/604042bc-0da2-4fbf-92a7-ee8e5150d5f7
  9. Windows prompting to connect a Smart Card reader

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows prompting to connect a Smart Card reader: Recently we deployed some MS updates to our users KB4601056, KB4601315, KB4601395 and anyone using a smart card reader is now being prompted regularly to connect a smart card device. I have done a lot of searching and most of the fixes involve disabling the Smart Card reader...
  10. Connect Smart Card error but it is connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connect Smart Card error but it is connected: I have a laptop that was upgraded from Windows 10 1703 to 1909. When using my smart card reader I get an error to connect a smart card. In Device Manager the reader shows up when connected. I have rolled back the drivers, reinstalled several times and updated to the newest...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. connect a smart card

2. connect smart card

3. how to connect a smart card

4. connect to a smart card,
  5. how to connect smart card,
  6. smart card connection,
  7. dsc smart card update,
  8. connect a smart card error,
  9. connect smart card error,
  10. connect a smart card will not go away,
  11. smart-card not faound connect smart card,