Windows 10: Connect a Smart Card

Discus and support Connect a Smart Card in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I can't make any changes on my ASUS Laptop, every time I tried "connect a smart card" appear. This is a personal computer and I didn't use any smart... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Efren, Nov 18, 2015.

1. Efren Win User

Connect a Smart Card

I can't make any changes on my ASUS Laptop, every time I tried "connect a smart card" appear. This is a personal computer and I didn't use any smart card. Please help to sort this out. Thanks in advance.

:)

Efren, Nov 18, 2015

2. windows security patch states connect a smart card

As soon as I start DSC Management Utility of Indian Income Tax website [posted at incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in], I get a patch showing

Windows Securtiy

Smart Card

Select a Smart Card device

Connect a smart card

AKS VR 0

Connect a smart card

AKS ifdh 0

Connect a smart card

AKS ifdh 1

OK Cancel

On cancelling the button about 25 times, the programme of DSC Management opens.

This happens only on one computer Windows 10. On other Windows 10 computer, this problem does not occur.

Kindly help

RakeshMilwani, Nov 18, 2015
  3. Connect A Smart Card upon opening program

Hi Lee,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

Provide us with the below details for better clarity on the issue.

• Does this issue occur on a local account or the Microsoft Account?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you installed all pending updates on the computer?
    • Which version of Windows 10 are you using?

I suggest you to update the NVidia GeForce Experience graphics card software from the manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

Steps to uninstall the Graphics Card Drivers and update from website.

1. Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

2. Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

3. Search for the Graphics Card from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete
    the driver software for this device
    ” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.

4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.

5. Download the latest driver from the manufacturer’s website and install it on the system.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Nov 18, 2015
Thema:

Connect a Smart Card

1. Connect a Smart Card - Similar Threads - Connect Smart Card

2. Smart card subsystem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Smart card subsystem: I'm running Windows 10 and use a smart card reader to update a security card frequently. Lately when I plug the reader in I get an error message saying "Unable to connect to smartcard subsystem" . The tech support for the card service says this occurred during a Windows...
  3. Insert Smart Card Prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    Insert Smart Card Prompt: After logging in, Insert Smart Card pops up 4 times in a row and has to be closed. I have disabled smartcard services and verified, the non-force options in the registry. The only other information I could find indicates I should use gpedit.msc to modify the administrative...
  4. "Connect a smart card" popup when starting windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Connect a smart card" popup when starting windows: [ATTACH] Recently (probably after I installed Xbox app) I have been getting this popup every time I open my computer. After pressing Cancel 4 times, it goes away but it's annoying. When I connect my smart card reader it does detect it but it wants me to insert my card,...
  5. Windows 10 Smart Card Error

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 Smart Card Error: Hello, I keep getting the following error when I boot my Windows 10 Laptop: [ATTACH] I'm not using a smart card at all - how can I make it stop please? Thanks!...
  6. Virtual Machine is not reading Smart Card reader and Smart card after Windows update.

Virtual Machine is not reading Smart Card reader and Smart card after Windows update.: Environment: WIN10 v1607 ENT N 2016 2016 / Virtual Machine - (Physical desktops with updates operate correctly) Since installing latest updates, all VM's will not read the certificates. However both objects "SCR35xx Smart Card Reader" and "Smart Card" -ARE- shown in device...
  7. How to uncheck Smart Cards checkbox in Remote Desktop Connection

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to uncheck Smart Cards checkbox in Remote Desktop Connection: I am looking to uncheck the Smart Cards box in Remote Desktop Connections Local Resources > Devices and resources > More... area. I attempted this by disabling this in GPO under Windows Components/Remote Desktop Services/Remote Desktop Session Host/Device and Resource...
  8. Smart card in Windows PE (WinPE)

Smart card in Windows PE (WinPE): Hi, I need to run Windows PE on my laptop, and I need smart card compatibility for this issue. The smart card service (ScardSvr) doesn't seem to work on Windows PE... Obviously, WinPE lacks some necessary drivers/services/applications for smart-card support. So I wonder if...
  9. Smart Card Certificates in Win10AU

Smart Card Certificates in Win10AU: I frequently access work sites that require me to use a CAC/PIV card. Some sites require my encryption certificate but OWA requires my email certificate. Prior to Win10AU update both my certs displayed but now I have to click show more to see all my certs. It's minor but...
  10. "Connect a smart card" dialog when opening excel file with macros

in Microsoft Office and 365
    "Connect a smart card" dialog when opening excel file with macros: I have Excel 2010 installed on Windows 7 and windows 10 (same computer). No problem with Windows 7. On windows 10 when I open an .xls or a .xlsm file containing self-signed macros and macro security set to block unsigned macros, I get a "Windows Security" dialog asking me to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. connect a smart card

2. connect smart card

3. connect a smart card error

4. quick assist insert smart card,
  5. connect smart card error,
  6. how to connect smart card,
  7. windows 10 connect a smart card,
  8. how to connect smart card to windows,
  9. dsc smart card update,
  10. windows security connect smart card device in dcs ?,
  11. connecting smart card,