Windows 10: connect an extra screen vga to my laptop in hdmi

Discus and support connect an extra screen vga to my laptop in hdmi in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to add an extra screen to my laptop throught an hdmi plug the screen is a bit old and it only has a VGA exit. But the screen display "no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by maddiespop, Oct 1, 2020.

1. connect an extra screen vga to my laptop in hdmi

I am trying to add an extra screen to my laptop throught an hdmi plug the screen is a bit old and it only has a VGA exit.

But the screen display "no signal".

I am using windows 10 and I've read that it could be a problem of software. I tried with 2 different cables but my computer doesn't even detect the extra screen.

I tried with a projector several times and that seemed to work only with double hdmi cable.

Would any of you have some tricks that could help?

Thank you in advance

:)

maddiespop, Oct 1, 2020

2. Connect Laptop to TV using VGA- HDMI cable

Hi,

I am using Dell Vostro 3466 and it doesnt have HDMI port so I am using VGA to HDMI port. I am trying to connect it with my smart tv but it says no signal.

My laptop display has been destroyed and I can barely see whats on it. Please suggest shortcuts or work arounds to connect my laptop to my tv as alternate screen.

Any possible idea.

Thanks,

techquestions145, Oct 1, 2020
  3. Kent Moss Win User
    Cannot connect external screen (VGA to HDMI)

Hi

I am trying to connect an older VGA screen to my fairly new laptop without success.

• the laptop runs on Windows 10
    • I have spent ages trying to find a solution here in Support but nothing has worked

Things I have tried

• Update drivers = the drivers are all up-to-date, apparently
    • there does not seem to be a trouble-shooter for hardware and devices (one solution suggested in a post)
    • The adapter cable is brand new
    • All I get on the external screen is: Input not Supported
    • Switching off and back on again or restarting had no effect

Is there anything I can do?

Many thanks

Kent Moss, Oct 1, 2020
  4. connect an extra screen vga to my laptop in hdmi

HDMI to VGA cable issue

I have laptop ASUS S510UQR model installed windows 10.

This laptop have HDMI port only so i use HDMI to VGA cable to connect to external monitor (projector) having VGA port.

It works fine until i update windows 10.

Normally, when i plug HDMI to VGA port to laptop, a sound will appear and i could see external monitor when i open Intel UHD graphic control panel.

But now it does not happen.

It works fine if i use HDMI to HDMI cable, meaning that the HDMI in laptop is OK.

I use my HDMI to VGA cable for other laptop, it is OK (meaning that the HDMI to VGA cable is OK)

I did try the following steps:

- uninstall graphic driver and reinstall graphic driver using device manager.

- Go to Asus website to download graphic driver and BIOS to update.

- Finally reinstall a fresh windows 10

This issue still happen.

Could someone please help me to solve this problem?

Thank you very much for your time.

N.K. Quang

NGO KHOA QUANG, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

connect an extra screen vga to my laptop in hdmi

1. connect an extra screen vga to my laptop in hdmi - Similar Threads - connect extra screen

2. Vga and hdmi no signal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vga and hdmi no signal: Okay so a while back I bought the hp victus 15l from Walmart. I upgraded the OS to windows 11 all was great until free mcfee virus protection expired I hadn't had a chance to do anything but listen to Spotify on the computer at this point as my friends weren't available to...
  3. VGA to hdmi adapter

VGA to hdmi adapter: just purchased a computer with Windows 11. I want to connect a monitor with a VGA male connection. I bought a n Insignia vga to hdmi adapter and connected it through HDMI. However, the monitor has a floating bubble that says "no vga cable”. What’s going on? How do I make this...
  4. Problem with laptop HDMI port and Epson VGA projector connectivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with laptop HDMI port and Epson VGA projector connectivity: I have a Lenovo IdeaPad S145 laptop with a HDMI port. When I try to connect an Epson projector e.g. EB-X9 with VGA input with a HDMI-VGA adaptor, the projector screen says "Not supported" and my laptop display goes on and off with an alarm sound. I have already tried changing...
  5. Problem with laptop HDMI port and Epson VGA projector connectivity

Problem with laptop HDMI port and Epson VGA projector connectivity: I have a Lenovo IdeaPad S145 laptop with a HDMI port. When I try to connect an Epson projector e.g. EB-X9 with VGA input with a HDMI-VGA adaptor, the projector screen says "Not supported" and my laptop display goes on and off with an alarm sound. I have already tried changing...
  6. HDMI to VGA adapter

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    HDMI to VGA adapter: I use the HDMI to VGA adapter to connect one of the old monitor as second monitor on my system. It works great. But, twice now, the adapter seemed to stop working after I unplug the monitor from the adapter when it is still hot. Does it make sense that the adapter would burn...
  7. Cannot connect external screen VGA to HDMI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot connect external screen VGA to HDMI: Hi I am trying to connect an older VGA screen to my fairly new laptop without success. the laptop runs on Windows 10 I have spent ages trying to find a solution here in Support but nothing has worked Things I have tried Update drivers = the drivers are all...
  8. Laptop not detecting HDMI or VGA

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop not detecting HDMI or VGA: Hello everyone, About a week ago I woke up and connected my lenovo thinkpad to my HDMI and all of a sudden, it would not project onto my monitor. I have been displaying for a whole year, and never had a problem. The solutions I found online to delete my drivers and update...
  9. Problems with connecting an external monitor to a laptop with hdmi to vga adapter

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Problems with connecting an external monitor to a laptop with hdmi to vga adapter: I am having a problems with connecting an external monitor to a laptop with a hdmi to vga adapter/converter, the weird thing is that the monitor works normally without any problem when i connect it to my other laptop (HP) or my orange pi one and when i connect my laptop to my...
  10. Connect Laptop to TV using VGA- HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connect Laptop to TV using VGA- HDMI cable: Hi, I am using Dell Vostro 3466 and it doesnt have HDMI port so I am using VGA to HDMI port. I am trying to connect it with my smart tv but it says no signal. My laptop display has been destroyed and I can barely see whats on it. Please suggest shortcuts or work arounds...