Windows 10: "Connect" app ... Couldn't connect?

Discus and support "Connect" app ... Couldn't connect? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have a new Dell XPS 15 9570 and just got a new free Surface pro from a SANS class I was hoping to use as a portable monitor for my laptop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jakesusnik, Dec 20, 2018.

1. "Connect" app ... Couldn't connect?

Hello,

I have a new Dell XPS 15 9570 and just got a new free Surface pro from a SANS class I was hoping to use as a portable monitor for my laptop.

I can "Connect" or project (extend desktop) from my Surface to my laptop but that is backwards from what I want. When I try to "Connect" or project (Extend desktop) to the Surface I get a blue screen (not normal MS blue screen just to clarify) on the Surface that it is attempting to connect then it changes to "is ready for you to connect wirelessly." and at the same time on my laptop it says "Couldn't connect"? I do not get the notification to allow the connection on the Surface like I do on the laptop when going the other way? Notification setting are the same between the 2 devices.

Both say "You're up to date"

Surface ~ Win 10 Pro Ver 1809 (OS Build 17763.195)

Laptop ~ Win 10 Home Ver 1803 (OS Build 17134.472)

This is what I want to do but do not get that popup on the Surface in set 8.

https://surfacetip.com/use-your-surface-as-a-portable-display/

:)

jakesusnik, Dec 20, 2018

2. Limited Connection (can't connect wirelessly)

Well I've fixed it myself it would seem.

With each laptop that would encounter Limited Connectivity I simply manually assigned the IP, gateway and DNS for each laptop and it permanently got rid of the Limited Connectivity.

I guess this would suggest that 2wire routers have a problem assigning an IP under certain conditions?

Not sure what that is. Perhaps to many nodes??

AphexDreamer, Dec 20, 2018
  3. Limited Connection (can't connect wirelessly)

I'm stumped.

My desktop is on the internet just fine but all of a sudden none of my Wireless devices can connect to my router to obtain internet.

They all say Limited Connection.

My droid simply doesn't ever get an IP from my router.

I have reset the broadband, IP, I've cleared the device list. Powered on and off but I still get the same issue.

What The F is wrong here?

This is for 2 Laptops, 1 Desktop and a Droid. All trying to connect via wireless.

AphexDreamer, Dec 20, 2018
  4. Eagle51 Win User

"Connect" app ... Couldn't connect?

Eagle51, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

"Connect" app ... Couldn't connect?

1. "Connect" app ... Couldn't connect? - Similar Threads - Connect app Couldn't

2. Bluetooth couldn't connect issue.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bluetooth couldn't connect issue.: Whenever i try to connect VIA Bluetooth only these 2 options work.When i try to use the first one it shows me this.Does anyone know how to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-couldnt-connect-issue/b863ed76-c515-49a5-818f-6f51f9d14727
  3. Windows couldn't connect to the printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows couldn't connect to the printer: Hi,I have problem connecting to shared printer when I click connect on that printer then I get an error:Windows couldn’t connect to the printer. Check the printer’s name and try again.When I click two times on this printer on network share then I get:Operation code could not...
  4. Windows couldn't connect to the printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows couldn't connect to the printer: Hi,I have problem connecting to shared printer whan I click connect I get an eror:Windows couldn’t connect to the printer. Check the printer’s name and try again.When I click two times on this printer on network share then I get:Operation code could not be completed error...
  5. Remote Desktop: Couldn't connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Desktop: Couldn't connect: Hello, I am unable to connect to one of my PCs using remote desktop, I have tried it using both approaches. Kindly Help! PS: Both the PCs have the same Microsoft account logged in. [ATTACH] [ATTACH]...
  6. Couldn't connect proxy internt to windows apps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Couldn't connect proxy internt to windows apps: Hi , Im using my collage proxy lan (I live in dorms so I got no other choice ) I belive usally cortena asks credentials for internet access , but my cortena never asks me any credentials and I couldn't use store or any non-store apps . But my browser is working as it is...
  7. Windows 10 Photos app 'couldn't connect to OneDrive"

Windows 10 Photos app 'couldn't connect to OneDrive": Any ideas? I'm signed in w my Windows ID. Can access OneDrive from elsewhere on this PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/windows-10-photos-app-couldnt-connect-to-onedrive/b00bdea8-37d5-426d-bb7f-4d1bf92deed1
  8. Photos app: OneDrive storage indicator "couldn't connect..."

Photos app: OneDrive storage indicator "couldn't connect...": In Photos app Settings, the section for OneDrive includes an indicator bar with a caption "You're using 68.5 GB of 1 TB on OneDrive" (or whatever) but (on a couple of devices) below this bar is a message "Last updated 5 days ago" with a clickable "Refresh". Clicking shows...
  9. Windows 10 Connect App - Couldn't Connect?

Windows 10 Connect App - Couldn't Connect?: Hello, I am trying to use the new Windows 10 Connect App. I have a Window 10 PC and tablet, both on the latest AU build. I also have a phone with Window 10 Mobile. On the PC, I connect to my Wifi network, ensure settings are setup (Settings-System-Projecting to this...
  10. App Store Couldn't Connect to the Server?

App Store Couldn't Connect to the Server?: [img] I've tried to re-register the app store but to no avail. 57120

Users found this page by searching for:

1. connect app couldnt connect to your device