Windows 10: Connect App only works occasionally

Discus and support Connect App only works occasionally in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I've recently been trying to project my PC onto my Laptop to use it as a second monitor; however, the Connect App only works very rarely- I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bennings333, Jan 21, 2022.

1. Connect App only works occasionally

Hi, I've recently been trying to project my PC onto my Laptop to use it as a second monitor; however, the Connect App only works very rarely- I currently have two successful connections out of 20+ attempts. Often the app will inform me that my PC is attempting to connect, so obviously it's doing something. I have had no connection issues when I have gotten through so I presume that's not it, and I'm not doing anything different when I do connect. Any advice?

:)

Bennings333, Jan 21, 2022
  2. geoffllo Win User

Mail app only working occasionally

• My Windows 10 seems to be fine, except for the mail app inbox and notifications.

I have checked all the settings, but they must be correct anyway, because occasionally, an email arrives correctly in the inbox and I get a notification correctly. Then the next few just don't arrive, but interestingly, when I click on "All mail" they are all there.

I have removed my (GMail) account and then reinstated it, but that made no difference.

I have tried to uninstall the app using Powershell, but it asked me for "parameters" and I didn't know what to do at that point.

Any ideas, please, as to how to make the inbox and related notifications work correctly?

Geoff

geoffllo, Jan 21, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Connect App only works occasionally :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 21, 2022
  4. netuser78 Win User

Connect App only works occasionally

Ethernet Connection Occasionally Drops

On occasion my ethernet connection drops and an auto-configuration address gets assigned by Windows 10. I purchased an ethernet card thinking the problem with the ethernet that is built into the motherboard, but the ethernet connection still randomly drops. The ethernet connection will randomly start working again. Yes, I disabled the onboard ethernet in the BIOS, so conflicts would not be an issue. I have no idea if the issue can be fixed or not. I have had this issue since I purchased this used computer in 2019. If it is the motherboard, then I will just live it with until the computer is replaced. I realize the issue is probably not easily fixable, but any suggestions will be appreciated. The DNS shown is the DNS of my VPN provider. Let me know if you need any other information.

Connect App only works occasionally [​IMG]

Connect App only works occasionally [​IMG]

netuser78, Jan 21, 2022
Thema:

Connect App only works occasionally

1. Connect App only works occasionally - Similar Threads - Connect App works

2. Some keys only work occasionally

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some keys only work occasionally: So recently i kept getting this problem where certain keys R,T,F,G,V,B work for some time and goes unresponsive but it usually just goes back to normal after a few minutes, but today they just stopped working and it is really irritating. My drivers are up to date, so is my...
  3. Some keys only work occasionally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some keys only work occasionally: So recently i kept getting this problem where certain keys R,T,F,G,V,B work for some time and goes unresponsive but it usually just goes back to normal after a few minutes, but today they just stopped working and it is really irritating. My drivers are up to date, so is my...
  4. Some keys only work occasionally

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. mouse only focus on one tab and only works on such tab. occasionally it uses my side...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse only focus on one tab and only works on such tab. occasionally it uses my side...: as the subject suggests my mouse is really bugged and I can't figure out any ways to fix it here is what I have already tried to fix itswitch to a different mouse wired and wireless. no effectdeleted my mouse from device manager and hoped for a clean reinstall made it worse...
  6. mouse only focus on one tab and only works on such tab. occasionally it uses my side...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse only focus on one tab and only works on such tab. occasionally it uses my side...: as the subject suggests my mouse is really bugged and I can't figure out any ways to fix it here is what I have already tried to fix itswitch to a different mouse wired and wireless. no effectdeleted my mouse from device manager and hoped for a clean reinstall made it worse...
  7. mouse only focus on one tab and only works on such tab. occasionally it uses my side...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Connect App only works occasionally

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect App only works occasionally: Hi, I've recently been trying to project my PC onto my Laptop to use it as a second monitor; however, the Connect App only works very rarely- I currently have two successful connections out of 20+ attempts. Often the app will inform me that my PC is attempting to connect, so...
  9. No internet connection-Only some apps

in Windows 10 Support
    No internet connection-Only some apps: Windows 10 on Lenovo AIO. All-in-one*really Comcast-Xfinity, Ethernet connection. My client complained every morning his browser, Edge, when opened, got the no internet connection and he couldn't get his email. However, when he restarted the PC, it was OK. Asked him to start...
  10. Mail app only working occasionally

in Browsers and Email
    Mail app only working occasionally: My Windows 10 seems to be fine, except for the mail app inbox and notifications. I have checked all the settings, but they must be correct anyway, because occasionally, an email arrives correctly in the inbox and I get a notification correctly. Then the next few just don't...