Windows 10: Connect AppMiracast on my desktop doesn't see my laptop, but my laptop can see my desktop

Discus and support Connect AppMiracast on my desktop doesn't see my laptop, but my laptop can see my desktop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi i have a question. So i want to stretch my screen onto my laptop. But my desktop is having trouble finding my laptop under devices in Connect App.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by OğuzhanGüvercin, Jan 15, 2021.

1. Connect AppMiracast on my desktop doesn't see my laptop, but my laptop can see my desktop

Hi i have a question.

So i want to stretch my screen onto my laptop. But my desktop is having trouble finding my laptop under devices in Connect App. I can do it the other way around, i can stretch my laptop screen to my desktop monitor. I tried to disable my firewall and then try to search for my laptop in devices, no luck. I set my cast to this PC settings properly, desktop still couldn't find my laptop.

This are screenshots from my desktop i'm sorry my Windows interface is in Turkish. I figured people could understand screenshots cause it's the same interface just in Turkish. I can translate screenshots if needed.:

This is Connect app interface as i said i can't see my laptop here which is named "Oğuzhan".

Connect AppMiracast on my desktop doesn't see my laptop, but my laptop can see my desktop da0148ff-435c-4fc0-b048-de24328b6dba?upload=true.png

As you can see i'm connected to same network you can verify this in my laptop screenshots.

Connect AppMiracast on my desktop doesn't see my laptop, but my laptop can see my desktop 4eca4ba0-4219-49ca-a7bb-ce5dc381dbfc?upload=true.png

This is my my Windows specs and everything.

Connect AppMiracast on my desktop doesn't see my laptop, but my laptop can see my desktop 1a2ccd77-9cf9-45e0-bbb8-efc40ec98f37?upload=true.png

My desktop is compatible with Miracast.

Connect AppMiracast on my desktop doesn't see my laptop, but my laptop can see my desktop c0922857-697e-4bfb-b5a6-3de02cc5d4a2?upload=true.png

I took this screenshot from a Dxdiag dump i can share the rest if needed.

Finally these are screenshots from my laptop:

As you can see my laptop is able to see and connect to my desktop with Connect app.

Connect AppMiracast on my desktop doesn't see my laptop, but my laptop can see my desktop 4b5fb784-0e27-4477-a5a0-fe59543e5435?upload=true.png

I'm connected to same network as my desktop.

Connect AppMiracast on my desktop doesn't see my laptop, but my laptop can see my desktop 32222292-9afa-4d60-a354-8e90e79b28f4?upload=true.png

My laptop's Windows Specs.

Connect AppMiracast on my desktop doesn't see my laptop, but my laptop can see my desktop 59a44728-1b66-4c8c-a8b3-17dbbba4dee7?upload=true.png

My laptop is compatible with Miracast as well.

Connect AppMiracast on my desktop doesn't see my laptop, but my laptop can see my desktop e4e54bda-5337-4d30-bbc0-9b1b0639b711?upload=true.png

I can share more information if these screenshots isn't enough.

If anyone would like to help, i would be immensely greatful. Thanks in advance.

:)

OğuzhanGüvercin, Jan 15, 2021
  2. Pinchy Win User

share internet connection in pc desktop &laptop

Operating systems on each computer?

If the desktop has two ethernet connections, you can set it up so that one has the modem (internet) and the other is connected to the laptop (cable from desktop to laptop).

If you want wireless, you will need a router unless you have a wireless connection and ethernet connection on the desktop, in which case you can do the same above, only instead of cable from pc to laptop, its wireless connection from pc to laptop.

Pinchy, Jan 15, 2021
  3. Connect desktop to laptop wirelessly?

I have an internet connection on both my laptop and desktop through the same router. I do not wish to screw that up. All I want to do is transfer files from the desktop to the laptop via the wireless connection. How do I do this? I have never set up any kind of network or lan before.. wired or otherwise.

I have read a bunch of post on the net but I am unsure the best way to do this. it's confusing to me as there seems to be lots of different opinions.

John Phoenix, Jan 15, 2021
  4. suraswami Win User

Connect AppMiracast on my desktop doesn't see my laptop, but my laptop can see my desktop

Laptop or Desktop for Music production?

My brother's BIL is into music composition and audition etc. He is looking to buy a new system (or build one). He was asking me if a Laptop will suffice for recording his compositions with good quality audio and video. He was looking to buy a i5 or i7 based Quad core + dedicated graphics powered laptop (with 8GB ram + 500GB Hdd). I suggested to build a Desktop powered with i5/i7 + dedicated grarphics and buy a real good $100 sound card and good headset. May be go little cheaper and build a AMD Quad/Hex based desktop.

Is a Laptop good enough or desktop is better?

If laptop suggest me few good ones. Looking for a mid-range priced ones (about $800).

*Toast :toast:

suraswami, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

Connect AppMiracast on my desktop doesn't see my laptop, but my laptop can see my desktop

1. Connect AppMiracast on my desktop doesn't see my laptop, but my laptop can see my desktop - Similar Threads - Connect AppMiracast desktop

2. Sharing Problem: Desktop sees Laptop, but Laptop does not see Desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sharing Problem: Desktop sees Laptop, but Laptop does not see Desktop: I have desktop and laptop on same workgroup and same router. Desktop is ethernet cable attached, laptop via wifi. Both systems are at the same level of Windows 10 Pro X64 - 20H2 19042 Shares were created via "Give Access" in file explorer. The desktop sees the laptop and its...
  3. Too long to see the desktop in my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Too long to see the desktop in my laptop: I manually updated my windows 10 to 20h2 version. After the update my laptop takes too long to boot, to view my desktop. Anybody can give a help about this. It takes several minutes to see the desktop with icons. Please!...
  4. My Win10 laptop can't see my Win10 desktop printer

My Win10 laptop can't see my Win10 desktop printer: I have four win10 devices, some are seen on some, through my network, but not all are visible on all. I would like to be able to access all machines from all other machines. Also, in the past I have been able to access a printer attached to my desktop, but it goes away at...
  5. I cannot see my desktop stuff on my desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot see my desktop stuff on my desktop: I have a desktop folder full of files and such, but I did something by accident and now the items that are in my desktop folder don't show on my desktop screen. Can you help? Thanks...
  6. My Win10 laptop can't see my Win10 desktop printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Win10 laptop can't see my Win10 desktop printer: I have four win10 devices, some are seen on some, through my network, but not all are visible on all. I would like to be able to access all machines from all other machines. Also, in the past I have been able to access a printer attached to my desktop, but it goes away at...
  7. My Win10 laptop can't see my Win10 desktop printer

in Windows 10 Support
  8. Laptop sees desktop, but desktop doesn't see laptop

Laptop sees desktop, but desktop doesn't see laptop: I'm configuring a new Win10 laptop. Initially, the laptop and my desktop (also Win10) could see each other under the Computer section under Network in File Explorer. This is over a hardwired Ethernet connection via a switch. I started copying a bunch of files from the desktop...
  9. Seeing both bins on my Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Seeing both bins on my Desktop: Hi, I have literally got both bin icons on my desktop (windows 10), if I remove the bin in my settings, they both disappear, if I activate the bin, they both appear again. It seems after every new windows update, I have one new problem, come on Microsoft! Thanks in...
  10. Cannot see my desktop nor laptop.

Cannot see my desktop nor laptop.: I recently updated Windows 10 Pro to 1903. So far everything worked ok, except that My Desktop cannot see my Laptop and vice versa. I tried all sorts of things without resolving this issue. Even accessing \\198.168.0.1 tells me that it cannot access \\XXXXXPC with the...