Windows 10: "Connect Automatically" boxes checked for all wifi in range. Can't uncheck!

Discus and support "Connect Automatically" boxes checked for all wifi in range. Can't uncheck! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When Windows 10 on my XPS 13 9360 shows nearby networks that are available, whether neighbors' or business', they are checked as "connect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ashley81, May 4, 2021.

1. Ashley81 Win User

"Connect Automatically" boxes checked for all wifi in range. Can't uncheck!

When Windows 10 on my XPS 13 9360 shows nearby networks that are available, whether neighbors' or business', they are checked as "connect automatically".When I uncheck, checks again.It never used to do this. Since it's been happening, it's taken my laptop much longer to connect to my own wi-fi network. Most of the time I have to just connect manually.So far, I haven't found any solution on the Microsoft discussion boards that work.Help, please!

:)

Ashley81, May 4, 2021

2. Windows 10 WiFi Automatic Check-boxes Don't Remain Unchecked

Using Windows 10 on Dell 3521 Laptop.

My WiFi Connection keeps trying to change to another Network, and, I although I uncheck all the Automatic Connection Check-boxes, they become checked again after closing the network dialog box that comes up when I click on the WiFi icon on the task bar. When
    I reopen the dialog, all detected WiFi networks nearby have Automatic Connection checked.

JStephs1950, May 4, 2021
  3. Windows 10 - Wi-Fi Automatically Connects to all WiFi's and is checked & I can't uncheck permanently.

It seems to me that this must have just started happening recently.

Now when I click on any WiFi that appears on the "available WiFis" list, *every single one* of them are checked to *automatically connect*.

If I uncheck the box and then go back and look, it has been rechecked.

How do I stop this?

Every instruction I have found here and everywhere other website gives instructions to click on links that do not exist on Windows 10.

Once I get past clicking on Network and Sharing, none of the instructions apply.

And does anybody know how this started happening?

I can't believe I didn't notice it before if Windows was always automatically rechecking the box that says to automatically connect to every wifi available even after I uncheck it.

Because initially I had to pro-actively check the automatic connect box for the wifis I
    did want my laptop to automatically connect.

Please - Does any one here know the instructions for the *current* configuration of Win 10 to stop it from automatically rechecking the automatic connect box after I uncheck it?

Just to NOTE: Win 10 is doing this with wiFis I have never connected to before -- so the assertion I've read elsewhere that I must have connected to these networks before
    is not correct.

Thanks in advance,

In frustration,

Justitia

Th

***Subject edited for clarity by the moderator.***

Justitia_PaxUB, May 4, 2021
  4. "Connect Automatically" boxes checked for all wifi in range. Can't uncheck!

Windows 10 WiFi Automatic Check-boxes Don't Remain Unchecked

Thank you for trying, but unfortunately none of the suggested fixes worked. All of the other visible networks in my neighborhood have "automatically connect" checked, Nothing I do can keep these checkboxes unchecked.

JStephs1950, May 4, 2021
Thema:

"Connect Automatically" boxes checked for all wifi in range. Can't uncheck!

1. "Connect Automatically" boxes checked for all wifi in range. Can't uncheck! - Similar Threads - Connect Automatically boxes

2. WiFi often disconnecting and unchecking "connect automatically when in range"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi often disconnecting and unchecking "connect automatically when in range"?: I have moved to a new rental property with a new WiFi network and have only experienced this issue here.When I start my PC, it does not automatically connect to the WiFi. I always check the "connect automatically" option, but it is always unchecked on reboot. The other issue...
  3. WiFi often disconnecting and unchecking "connect automatically when in range"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi often disconnecting and unchecking "connect automatically when in range"?: I have moved to a new rental property with a new WiFi network and have only experienced this issue here.When I start my PC, it does not automatically connect to the WiFi. I always check the "connect automatically" option, but it is always unchecked on reboot. The other issue...
  4. "Connect Automatically" UNCHECKED but connects anyway on Win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Connect Automatically" UNCHECKED but connects anyway on Win11: This just started after an update on Windows 11 Pro 10.0.22635 restart.I am SHOCKED to find my newly restarted Win 11 Pro system connected to the Internet. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. This is not merely an inconvenience, it's the unauthorized usage of resources. The resources are...
  5. "Connect Automatically" UNCHECKED but connects anyway on Win11

"Connect Automatically" UNCHECKED but connects anyway on Win11: This just started after an update on Windows 11 Pro 10.0.22635 restart.I am SHOCKED to find my newly restarted Win 11 Pro system connected to the Internet. THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. This is not merely an inconvenience, it's the unauthorized usage of resources. The resources are...
  6. Wifi automatically connect check boxes wont uncheck - I cant turn off automatic wifi connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi automatically connect check boxes wont uncheck - I cant turn off automatic wifi connection: In the wifi tab where you choose which network to connect to, every available network my computer can see has the "automatically connect" box ticked. When I attempt to uncheck the boxes because I only want to connect to my home wifi they don't stay unchecked. They remain...
  7. Wifi automatically connect check boxes wont uncheck - I cant turn off automatic wifi connection

Wifi automatically connect check boxes wont uncheck - I cant turn off automatic wifi connection: In the wifi tab where you choose which network to connect to, every available network my computer can see has the "automatically connect" box ticked. When I attempt to uncheck the boxes because I only want to connect to my home wifi they don't stay unchecked. They remain...
  8. Wifi automatically connect check boxes wont uncheck - I cant turn off automatic wifi connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Hidden Network set to Automatically Connect, re-checks if unchecked. Not listed in Forget...

Hidden Network set to Automatically Connect, re-checks if unchecked. Not listed in Forget...: To start, YES I realize that I'm not actually actively connected to the Hidden Network, It requires a password. My issue is that I cannot uncheck the Connect Automatically it re-checks itself instantly AND the network does not show up in the list to Forget Network. THIS IS A...
  10. The Connect Automatically Checkbox will not *stay unchecked*

The Connect Automatically Checkbox will not *stay unchecked*: The Connect Automatically Checkbox will not *stay unchecked* in the list of available networks. Please! note! Not talking about *Saved Networks* or "known networks"! Please, do not address either of these. Also, understand that (in theory) one shouldn't worry because it...