Windows 10: connect computer to printer after router change

Discus and support connect computer to printer after router change in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I connect my computer to the wireless printer after a router change?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ginacoc, Jun 10, 2020.

1. ginacoc Win User

connect computer to printer after router change

How do I connect my computer to the wireless printer after a router change?

:)

ginacoc, Jun 10, 2020

2. connecting printer to router

hello all, im having a couple questions about setting a printer up on a router, is there a way that a printer can be set up just on a router, i have family that uses a laptop and wants to use without having to turn the desktop on, are there any devices that can do this??? i have heard of like turning a usb cable into a wireless connection, or even just into a ethernet connection,

any thoughts greatly welcome
    thanks again

Raymond ~AKA~ Darth Pewee

Darth_Pewee, Jun 10, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

connect computer to printer after router change [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

connect computer to printer after router change [​IMG]

topgundcp, Jun 10, 2020
  4. JackieLH Win User

Change of Router Effect on Printer

We have a Brother printer that was connected through Wi Fi to my laptop. We just had a new router installed and now the printer is listed as offline. How do I get it to recognise the laptop with the new router?

JackieLH, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

1. connect computer to printer after router change - Similar Threads - connect computer printer

2. cant connect wireless printer to computer, using my own modem and router

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant connect wireless printer to computer, using my own modem and router: can't connect a Cannon printer MG5522 to my computer using my own modem and router. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-wireless-printer-to-computer-using-my/2fe6cf6a-bdde-494c-8be4-24554bc42772
  3. cant connect wireless printer to computer, using my own modem and router

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant connect wireless printer to computer, using my own modem and router: can't connect a Cannon printer MG5522 to my computer using my own modem and router. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-wireless-printer-to-computer-using-my/2fe6cf6a-bdde-494c-8be4-24554bc42772
  4. cant connect wireless printer to computer, using my own modem and router

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Connecting a computer to a hard drive that is connected to a router

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Connecting a computer to a hard drive that is connected to a router: I have two computers (both windows 10) that I need to connect to a router that I have connected to my router. One of the computers connected just fine but the other one can not see devices on my network. I have tried many things and nothing seems to work. Any help would be...
  6. Connecting printer to computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting printer to computer: I can't get my laptop to connect with our printer. Keeps coming up with message "Printer offline". I have used the Microsoft help and troubleshooter with no success. Any suggestions?...
  7. Change of Router Effect on Printer

Change of Router Effect on Printer: We have a Brother printer that was connected through Wi Fi to my laptop. We just had a new router installed and now the printer is listed as offline. How do I get it to recognise the laptop with the new router?...
  8. new router unable to connect printer

new router unable to connect printer: i have recently had a Sky router installed, previously Talktalk. Since changing router I am unable to connect my devices to me printer, it just doesnt seem to recognise printer at all. Wifi working well on all device...
  9. Computer sees the router but there is no connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer sees the router but there is no connection: Computer sees the router but there is no connection - ran diagnostic ... Troubleshooting says 'One or more network protocols are missing on this computer' This is a new computer, first set up. I am . I have a satellite modem connected to a router. This setup has always...
  10. HP printer on router

HP printer on router: I have an HP Photosmart printer which works just fine when plugged into a USB port. However I need to have it connected to my router so I can share it. Unfortunately Windows 10 cant see it there, either by Ethernet or wireless. Did the Google thing and the HP searches, no...