Windows 10: Connect/Disconnect sound when Monitor goes to sleep

Discus and support Connect/Disconnect sound when Monitor goes to sleep in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've tested and confirmed it and my monitor is the culprit. When it goes to sleep it continuously plays the connect/disconnect sound. This is a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SirHovaOfBrooklyn, Oct 3, 2020.

1. Connect/Disconnect sound when Monitor goes to sleep

I've tested and confirmed it and my monitor is the culprit. When it goes to sleep it continuously plays the connect/disconnect sound. This is a new monitor which I got yesterday. It's an MSI MAG272CQR. I've seen a lot of posts about this but no definite solution. Can anyone help me? Please don't recommend turning off the sound prompt.

submitted by /u/SirHovaOfBrooklyn
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SirHovaOfBrooklyn, Oct 3, 2020
  2. Joe J SD Win User

Continuous Device Connect/Disonnect Sound when HP W2207 Monitor Sleeps

Hope someone can help.

HP Pavilion p7-1287c Desktop PC with HP W2207 monitor, running Windows 10. DVI cable from monitor to PC.

Here's what's happening:

• If signed out of windows the monitor sleeps without issue.
    • If signed on to windows the monitor sleeps and the computer loops the device connect/disconnect sound.
    • If using VGA cable no issues with monitor sleeping but computer won't sleep.
    • Have disconnected all USB devices except wireless mouse/keyboard combo.
    • Have tested with wired USB mouse and keyboard same issue.
    • Have ensured all drivers are updated to the latest versions.
    • Have tried playing with the Advanced Power Option settings for USB and no change in behavior.
    • Have tried requiring a password on wakeup and still no change.
    • Would like to keep the DVI cable vs going back to VGA.
    Please don't suggest turning off the sound for connecting/disconnecting devices.

Thanks.

Joe J

Joe J SD, Oct 3, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    connect/disconnect sounds

Hi,

The issue with connect/disconnect sounds could be due to the following:

• USB hub problem.
    • Loose mouse, keyboard, monitor or USB connector
    • Outdated software drivers
    • Sound settings

We would like to know more information:

• Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you checked if your devices are plugged/connected properly to your computer?
    • Is the issue happening when playing an specific game only?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Oct 3, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Connect/Disconnect sound when Monitor goes to sleep

connect/disconnect sounds

Thank you for the information.

If the connect/disconnect sounds is only happening when playing an specific game, It might be a game app or a driver issue. we suggest that you try to uninstall and reinstall the game and check if the problem persists. Check the steps provided below:

• Open the Start menu.
    • Click Settings.
    • Click System on the Settings menu.
    • Select Apps & features from the left pane. ...
    • Select an app you wish to uninstall.
    • Click the Uninstall button that appears.

Make sure also that your device software drivers are updated.

Post back with the result.

Remon Ont, Oct 3, 2020
Thema:

Connect/Disconnect sound when Monitor goes to sleep

1. Connect/Disconnect sound when Monitor goes to sleep - Similar Threads - Connect Disconnect sound

2. Device inserted sound when Monitor goes to sleep with Apps Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device inserted sound when Monitor goes to sleep with Apps Open: I have an issue with my new Lenovo ThinkCentre M90t running Windows 11 x64. If I have left any apps open, and the Monitor turns off after 10 minutes set up in Power Options, I keep getting a Device Inserted sound coming out of the speakers every minute or so. I have Disabled...
  3. Device inserted sound when Monitor goes to sleep with Apps Open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device inserted sound when Monitor goes to sleep with Apps Open: I have an issue with my new Lenovo ThinkCentre M90t running Windows 11 x64. If I have left any apps open, and the Monitor turns off after 10 minutes set up in Power Options, I keep getting a Device Inserted sound coming out of the speakers every minute or so. I have Disabled...
  4. Connect/disconnect sounds pop randomly when connected to monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connect/disconnect sounds pop randomly when connected to monitor: Hi,I'm having an issue where my laptop HP Envy 13, running Windows 10 makes the device connected/disconnected sounds whenever I connect it to my monitor via usb-c to display port cable. I know its this connection and not my USB devices because it doesn't make the sounds when...
  5. VPN connection disconnects when my computer goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    VPN connection disconnects when my computer goes to sleep: A google search revealed a setting "when my pc is asleep and on battery power, disconnect from the network..." However, I dont have this setting under Power & Sleep. Was this setting removed in a recent OS update? If so, how can I fix this? [ATTACH]...
  6. Internet keeps disconnecting when goes to sleep.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet keeps disconnecting when goes to sleep.: I've already read a lot of responses but my problem is I dont have a power manager tab to control the driver. I attached a picture of what I see. If someone could tell me which icon to click on or if I am just doing something wrong that would be great! I am using a Surface...
  7. Win 10 version 2004: PC plays device disconnected sound when monitor goes to sleep -...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win 10 version 2004: PC plays device disconnected sound when monitor goes to sleep -...: My current PC is a new build October 2020 on new hardware, specifically an i7-9700K with integrated Intel video controller. I was aware of the problems with update 2004 and integrated video controllers before I did the build so I started with version 1909 and waited until...
  8. WiFi Disconnects when Laptop Goes to Sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    WiFi Disconnects when Laptop Goes to Sleep: I have seen many "solutions" to this issue, both on this forum and other websites. Some steps, like disabling "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" and running the power troubleshooter, are attempts to fix a Windows issue. Others are workarounds, like not...
  9. Disconnected/Connected Sound when turn ON/oFF monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disconnected/Connected Sound when turn ON/oFF monitor: Dont know what happened, I think after update to the latest insider builds, when I power off the monitor > Disconnected sound, and have connected sound when power on the monitor, my monitor is Samsung LC32. After I power off monitor, I use teamviewer to control the Pc and saw...
  10. Disconnected/Connected Sound when turn ON/oFF monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Disconnected/Connected Sound when turn ON/oFF monitor: Dont know what happened, I think after update to the latest insider builds, when I power off the monitor > Disconnected sound, and have connected sound when power on the monitor, my monitor is Samsung LC32. After I power off monitor, I use teamviewer to control the Pc and saw...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. monitor plug and unplug sound when sleep

2. Disconnect sound when monitor goes to sleep

3. monitor disconnected and connecting windows sleep displayport

4. monitor disconnected and connecting windows sleep,
  5. monitor sleep constantly disconnecting,
  6. monitor makes connect disconnect sound when pc sleeps