Windows 10: Connect / Disconnect Sound

Discus and support Connect / Disconnect Sound in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Help! The "Connect" and "Disconnect" sounds are constantly activating. Very annoying. I went to the sound device manager and it does not give... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JeffLuebker, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Connect / Disconnect Sound

Help!

The "Connect" and "Disconnect" sounds are constantly activating. Very annoying. I went to the sound device manager and it does not give me the ability to "turn off". Also...a separate Community Thread offered some "Troubleshooting" tips however those did not work. Can someone help ????

:)

JeffLuebker, Sep 17, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

connect/disconnect sounds

Thank you for the information.

If the connect/disconnect sounds is only happening when playing an specific game, It might be a game app or a driver issue. we suggest that you try to uninstall and reinstall the game and check if the problem persists. Check the steps provided below:

• Open the Start menu.
    • Click Settings.
    • Click System on the Settings menu.
    • Select Apps & features from the left pane. ...
    • Select an app you wish to uninstall.
    • Click the Uninstall button that appears.

Make sure also that your device software drivers are updated.

Post back with the result.

Remon Ont, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    connect/disconnect sounds

Hi,

The issue with connect/disconnect sounds could be due to the following:

• USB hub problem.
    • Loose mouse, keyboard, monitor or USB connector
    • Outdated software drivers
    • Sound settings

We would like to know more information:

• Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you checked if your devices are plugged/connected properly to your computer?
    • Is the issue happening when playing an specific game only?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Sep 17, 2020
  4. mccnavy Win User

Connect / Disconnect Sound

Windows 10 USB Connect/Disconnect Sound No Longer Functions

It's been like this for a while but on my desktop computer, Windows no longer plays the sound when connecting or disconnecting a USB/external device. I have checked and there is a sound listed in Control Panel/sounds for it. Not sure what to try next to restore this function. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

mccnavy, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

Connect / Disconnect Sound

1. Connect / Disconnect Sound - Similar Threads - Connect Disconnect Sound

2. Random connect/disconnect sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random connect/disconnect sounds: Hi!I get random connect/disconnect sounds when my TV is connected over HDMI 2.1 and even though its offline. This doesnt occur when its on.Also the screen flickers and hangs for a bit during the event.I have tried searching for a solution and gone thru settings left and right...
  3. Random connect/disconnect sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random connect/disconnect sounds: Hi!I get random connect/disconnect sounds when my TV is connected over HDMI 2.1 and even though its offline. This doesnt occur when its on.Also the screen flickers and hangs for a bit during the event.I have tried searching for a solution and gone thru settings left and right...
  4. Random connect/disconnect sounds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB Connecting/Disconnecting Sound

USB Connecting/Disconnecting Sound: Hi! Would like to ask help because my PC has been making a USB Connected/Disconnected sound repeatedly and it's been getting pretty annoying. I tried disconnecting all devices in my USB ports, however the sound still persisted. I have muted it for the meantime as it is...
  6. USB Connecting/Disconnecting Sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Connecting/Disconnecting Sound: Hi! Would like to ask help because my PC has been making a USB Connected/Disconnected sound repeatedly and it's been getting pretty annoying. I tried disconnecting all devices in my USB ports, however the sound still persisted. I have muted it for the meantime as it is...
  7. USB Connecting/Disconnecting Sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Constant divice connect/disconnect sound

Constant divice connect/disconnect sound: Hi all, I just set up a new computer for myself and installed the latest version of Win10. However I been having issue with constant device connect/disconnect sound issue. It happens with starting up my computer everytime. Also it happens when opening an app like steam etc....
  9. DEVICE DISCONNECT CONNECT SOUNDS

DEVICE DISCONNECT CONNECT SOUNDS: I removed my device by the safely remove the device, & still get the disconnect-connect sounds, I do not want to take the computer apart or have someone look @ it to say it cost? I guess I can always wile not using it put it in sleep mode? Bob Thanks & God bless...
  10. USB Connect/Disconnect Sound

USB Connect/Disconnect Sound: Go to Control Panel/Sounds/Sounds tab. scroll down to Device Connect and Device Disconnect. If there isn't a sound associated with it, (ie) a speaker icon next to it, then choose the Browse button and choose whatever sound you want. Default is Windows Hardware Insert, and...