Windows 10: Connect Lenovo ThinkVision M14 portable monitor to HP Envy Notebook 13 via USB-C to USB-A

Discus and support Connect Lenovo ThinkVision M14 portable monitor to HP Envy Notebook 13 via USB-C to USB-A in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo ThinkVision M14 portable monitor. My laptop doesn't have USB-C outlets, therefore I bought a cable with USB-C to USB-A. On the Lenovo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SabineD, May 22, 2022.

1. SabineD Win User

Connect Lenovo ThinkVision M14 portable monitor to HP Envy Notebook 13 via USB-C to USB-A

I have a Lenovo ThinkVision M14 portable monitor. My laptop doesn't have USB-C outlets, therefore I bought a cable with USB-C to USB-A. On the Lenovo ThinkPad laptop, this setup works fine - plug&play. However, on the HP Envy Notebook 13 I can't get it to work. There is power available to the M14. When connecting, Windows 10 says "Display connection might be limited. Make sure the DisplayPort device that you're connecting to is supported by your PC." In the device manager, I don't see a 2nd monitor. Instead, the M14 is recognized as BillBoard Device under Universal Serial Bus devices. I

:)

SabineD, May 22, 2022
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Windows 10 stopped detecting ThinkVision M14 monitor

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to use ThinkVision M14 monitor on your computer. I’ll help you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?
    • What is the make and model of the computer that you are using?

As you have mentioned that you are able to use the monitor with a different computer, I suspect it could be an issue with the drivers on the computer. I would suggest you to check for hidden drivers on the computer and try to update them. Refer the
    steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Click on View and select
      Show hidden devices
    3. Expand Monitors and check if there is any
      hidden device.
    4. If there is any hidden device, right click on it and select
      Update Driver.

You can also install
    ThinkVision M14 Monitor Driver
    and see if that makes any difference.

Since you are using a USB-C adapter, I suggest you to refer the article on

Fix USB-C problems

You may also try updating the Chipset drivers from the computer manufacturer’s website and then check if the Monitor is detected.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 22, 2022
  3. genomemom Win User
    Windows 10 stopped detecting ThinkVision M14 monitor

I have been using a ThinkVision M14 monitor with a USB-C adapter for some time, but it suddenly stopped working a few days ago. It is not detected by Windows 10 64 bit. The monitor works fine with a different computer and it will turn out with external
    power. I cannot see it in the device manager and the display settings say that it cannot detect another monitor.

genomemom, May 22, 2022
  4. btarunr Win User

Connect Lenovo ThinkVision M14 portable monitor to HP Envy Notebook 13 via USB-C to USB-A

Lenovo Announces ThinkVision T Series Monitors

Lenovo, today introduced a refreshed lineup of its ThinkVision T Series monitors featuring the latest green certificates and a new more refined ThinkVision design. The new generation models have thinner profiles and a new LTPS (Lift, Tilt, Pivot, Swivel) stand design allowing perfect ergonomic positioning and a swivel capability for portrait mode viewing. Equal bezel width on all sides make for a seamless and improved multi-monitor set-up and a new ThinkCentre Tiny Clamp Bracket solution enables a picture-perfect desktop environment. The ThinkVision monitors continue to provide an unmatched visually-rich experience while meeting the latest environmental and regulatory standards.

The ideal companion for all Lenovo PCs, users are able to boost productivity with excellent screen quality, while comfortably adjusting the monitor to suit height, tilt, swivel and pivot angles. The lineup includes - In-plane switching 178/178 wide viewing angle models consisting of the T2424p, T2324p, T2224p, T2454p and T2224z VOIP monitor, that all tout enhanced connectivity with USB 3.0 ports, HDMI 1.4 and DisplayPort 1.2. In-place switching panels not only allow consistent wide viewing angles, but better color fidelity and improved contrast and response times. The T2224z boasts best in class VOIP experience with an integrated FHD webcam, digital microphone, and dedicated VOIP buttons including physical camera lock, mute and volume controls.

Connect Lenovo ThinkVision M14 portable monitor to HP Envy Notebook 13 via USB-C to USB-A 58a_thm.jpg

The series also includes T2254p and T2254 monitors that offers large screen real estate in 22-inch 16:10 aspect ratio. These TN monitor models are perfect of everyday needs with 1680 x 1050 display resolution, 1000:1 contrast ratio for a visually stunning picture. Other features include a 170/160 degree viewing angle and super-fast 5ms response time.
    "The new ThinkVision T Series portfolio is all about delivering a brilliant user experience by offering uncompromised monitors with innovative configuration options to help customers solve space needs and fulfill their creative potential," Darren Chia, Executive Director and General Manager, Lenovo Visuals Business. "Professionals requiring high performance monitors can count on the visual accuracy and quality of the T Series packaged up in a neat and refined design."

Better Together with Tiny Clamp Solution
    The T Series' functional design and screen quality performance helps even the most visually demanding jobs get completed faster, easier and more comfortably within the users work environment with its elegant and easy to attach ThinkCentre Tiny Clamp solution. Securely mount a ThinkCentre Tiny desktop on the back of any ThinkVision T Series monitor without the need for tools, saving space and resulting in a clean desk appearance.

Price and Availability
    • The ThinkVision T2224p is available April 1, 2015, with a list price of 169 EUR
    • The ThinkVision T2224z is available April 1, 2015, with a list price of 212 EUR
    • The ThinkVision T2324p is available March 21, 2015, with a list price of 171 EUR
    • The ThinkVision T2454p is available March 21, 2015, with a list price of 289 EUR
    • The ThinkVision T2424p is available March 15, 2015, with a list price of 176 EUR
    • The ThinkVision T2254p is available March 25, 2015, with a list price of 165 EUR
    • The ThinkVision T2254 is available March 20, 2015, with a list price of 162 EUR
    • The ThinkCentre Tiny Clamp is available beginning of March, 2015, with a list price of 30 EUR

btarunr, May 22, 2022
Thema:

1. Connect Lenovo ThinkVision M14 portable monitor to HP Envy Notebook 13 via USB-C to USB-A - Similar Threads - Connect Lenovo ThinkVision

2. HP ENVY 5640 not recognised via USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP ENVY 5640 not recognised via USB: I just bought a new desktop with Win11 operating system. My HP ENVY 5640 series printer is not recognized as being plugged in via USB. I have loaded the program disc and the scanning software will not load. I went to the HP website and downloaded their drivers. Now I have the...
  3. HP ENVY 5640 not recognised via USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP ENVY 5640 not recognised via USB: I just bought a new desktop with Win11 operating system. My HP ENVY 5640 series printer is not recognized as being plugged in via USB. I have loaded the program disc and the scanning software will not load. I went to the HP website and downloaded their drivers. Now I have the...
  4. Connect Lenovo ThinkVision M14 portable monitor to HP Envy Notebook 13 via USB-C to USB-A

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect Lenovo ThinkVision M14 portable monitor to HP Envy Notebook 13 via USB-C to USB-A: I have a Lenovo ThinkVision M14 portable monitor. My laptop doesn't have USB-C outlets, therefore I bought a cable with USB-C to USB-A. On the Lenovo ThinkPad laptop, this setup works fine - plug&play. However, on the HP Envy Notebook 13 I can't get it to work. There is power...
  5. Connect Lenovo ThinkVision M14 portable monitor to HP Envy Notebook 13 via USB-C to USB-A

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connect Lenovo ThinkVision M14 portable monitor to HP Envy Notebook 13 via USB-C to USB-A: I have a Lenovo ThinkVision M14 portable monitor. My laptop doesn't have USB-C outlets, therefore I bought a cable with USB-C to USB-A. On the Lenovo ThinkPad laptop, this setup works fine - plug&play. However, on the HP Envy Notebook 13 I can't get it to work. There is power...
  6. Windows 10 stopped recognising ThinkVision M14 portable monitor

Windows 10 stopped recognising ThinkVision M14 portable monitor: My Laptop is Surface Book 2. I have been using a ThinkVision M14 monitor with a USB-C to USB-C for about 2 weeks, but it suddenly stopped working today. It is not detected by Windows 10 64 bit. The monitor works fine with a different computer....
  7. Windows 10 stopped recognising ThinkVision M14 portable monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 stopped recognising ThinkVision M14 portable monitor: My Laptop is Surface Book 2. I have been using a ThinkVision M14 monitor with a USB-C to USB-C for about 2 weeks, but it suddenly stopped working today. It is not detected by Windows 10 64 bit. The monitor works fine with a different computer....
  8. Windows 10 stopped recognising ThinkVision M14 portable monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Windows 10 stopped detecting ThinkVision M14 Monitor

Windows 10 stopped detecting ThinkVision M14 Monitor: I have been using a ThinkVision M14 monitor with a USB-C adapter for some time, but it suddenly stopped working a few days ago. It is not detected by Windows 10 64 bit. The monitor works fine with a different computer and it will turn out with external power. I cannot see...
  10. Windows 10 stopped detecting ThinkVision M14 monitor

Windows 10 stopped detecting ThinkVision M14 monitor: I have been using a ThinkVision M14 monitor with a USB-C adapter for some time, but it suddenly stopped working a few days ago. It is not detected by Windows 10 64 bit. The monitor works fine with a different computer and it will turn out with external power. I cannot see...