Windows 10: connect Mac OS-X to Windows 10 via ethernet cable - file transfer

Discus and support connect Mac OS-X to Windows 10 via ethernet cable - file transfer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Unable to establish Network. Can't transfer files. Smb transfer is not working. FTP did work...sort of. Need to be able to place files in shared... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kola nut, May 16, 2020.

1. kola nut Win User

connect Mac OS-X to Windows 10 via ethernet cable - file transfer

Unable to establish Network. Can't transfer files. Smb transfer is not working. FTP did work...sort of.

Need to be able to place files in shared folder for use. No good.

Network connections shows "Ethernet 5" unidentified network. MAC sees PC sort of bu cant send files to shared folder.

Pleasse advise, need info to solve this. thanks!

:)

kola nut, May 16, 2020
  2. Steevo Win User

Cable to transfer files

OMG. I have never met anyone who actually bought one of those file transfer things.

Firewire will do the same as USB, but faster, so will a cheap crossover cable. I can wlak you through the steps of moving data so you will not miss a beat.

Anything more than $10 to buy a cable is too much.

Steevo, May 16, 2020
  3. malware Win User
    Mac OS X 10.4.6 Update Released

Apple has released the latest update from Mac OS X 10.4.5 to version 10.4.6 on both Intel-based Macs and PowerPC-based Macs. There are two ways to update to Mac OS X 10.4.6: Use Software Update or the standalone installer. This update offers many improvements, including:
    • 802.1X login authentication configurations created in Internet Connect can now be used at the Mac OS X login window, too.
    • You can now copy folders with files to an SMB-based server instead of only the folder being copied and this alert message appearing: "The operation cannot be completed because you do not have sufficient privileges for some of the items."
    • Improves iDisk (WebDAV file system) performance.
    • Resolves an issue in which Mail could unexpectedly quit when lowering the quote level within a reply message.
    • Resolves an issue that could cause Help Viewer to sometimes display a blank window.
    • Includes iSync 2.2 which provides support for additional mobile phones.
    Go to this page, for full issues list and additional information about the instalation.

Source: Apple

malware, May 16, 2020
  4. malware Win User

Apple Mac OS X 10.5.7 Update Released

Good news, Mac users, as it looks like Apple is kicking 10.5.7 update of Mac OS X Leopard. Apple recommends this update to all users running Mac OS X Leopard. This upgrade includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility and security of your Mac. For detailed information on the update, please visit this website here. You can obtain the update from either the Software Update option found in your Apple menu, or from the links below:
    General
    • Includes latest security fixes.
    • Includes additional RAW image support for several third-party cameras.
    • Improves performance of video playback and cursor movements for recent Macs with NVIDIA graphics.
    • Resolves an issue with Dvorak keyboard layout in Mac OS X 10.5.6.
    • Improves the reliability and accuracy of Unit Converter, Stocks, Weather and Movies Dashboard widgets.
    • Addresses a situation that may cause issues when logging into Gmail.
    • Improves reliability when syncing contacts with Yahoo!.
    • Expansion Slot Utility for Mac Pro now reports the correct PCIe slot configuration.
    • Improves network performance when connected to certain Ethernet switches that have Flow Control enabled.
    • Improves stability for network home directories hosted by Mac OS X Server v10.4.
    • Improves Finder search results for network volumes that may not support Spotlight searching, such as Mac OS X Server v10.4, Time Capsule, and third-party AFP servers.
    • Includes several improvements to Directory Service and Client Management, which are described in the About Mac OS X Server 10.5.7 Update article.
    iCal
    • Improves overall reliability with CalDav.
    • Improves reliability when automatically syncing with MobileMe.
    Mail
    • Addresses reliability and sync issues with Notes.
    • Addresses an issue that may cause the BCC field to populate incorrectly when redirecting a message from the Sent mailbox.
    Parental Controls
    • Improves consistency with Parental Controls and application restrictions.
    • Addresses an issue in which time limits may not work properly with full-screen games and Fast User Switching.
    Printing
    • Resolves an issue that may cause certain third-party printers to print to the incorrect paper tray.
    • Non-admin user accounts can now be allowed to add and remove printers by enabling Parental Controls and selecting "Can administer printers".
    • Includes other printing reliability and stability improvements.
    Source: Neowin.net

malware, May 16, 2020
Thema:

1. connect Mac OS-X to Windows 10 via ethernet cable - file transfer - Similar Threads - connect Mac via

2. Ethernet Cable Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet Cable Connection: Hi so Ive had my pc for a couple years now and never had any issues with internet or anything. Just last week I saw that my ethernet cable wasnt working. ive replace the cable and have checked the drivers and uninstalled and reinstalled drivers but nothing seems to be...
  3. Unable to connect to wifi extender via ethernet cable

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to connect to wifi extender via ethernet cable: Pretty self-explanatory: The computer recognises the Wifi extender as a wireless network but refuses to connect the computer to the extender via the ethernet cable that I have plugged in. The weird part is that the computer is now telling me that an ethernet connection has...
  4. Dune via Ethernet cable

Dune via Ethernet cable: I cannot see my display Dune Hd TV303D on my PC Network . The Dune is connected via a router and switch box. I can see features directly to my TV through the some network. I wish to control the Dune functions via my PC which i cannot located Please advise Thanks...
  5. Can't get connected to internet via ethernet cable.

Can't get connected to internet via ethernet cable.: All of a sudden my PC won't connect to the internet via a wired ethernet connection, the option isn't even available? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-connected-to-internet-via-ethernet-cable/0d7f9617-5dd6-43ba-b418-08b70a0514ba
  6. Ethernet Cable Connected, But No Ethernet

Ethernet Cable Connected, But No Ethernet: I have my ethernet cable plugged in and my computer detects that it has been plugged in but it just says ethernet no internet. I've had this problem for a while and i believe that it started after an update. Its getting really annoying and ive tried some things across the...
  7. WINDOWS TO MAC OS X

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WINDOWS TO MAC OS X: How do I convert my desktop PC with Windows 10 to Mac os x? I am a Producer and Sound Engineer, so I work with music quite frequently. I prefer working on my projects and day to day work on OS X....
  8. Windows 10 connection via ethernet cable

Windows 10 connection via ethernet cable: Ever since I updated to Windows 10, my internet connection has been intermittent. When I boot up my desktop computer, I never know whether I am going to be connected or not. I have swapped out cables, changed modems, followed all of the recommended fault finding and even...
  9. Install Mac OS X

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Install Mac OS X: Hello everyone I would like to install Mac OS X in hyper-v (or any VM ) inside Windows 10 Any way to do that? If there is please show me how to do that. 93920
  10. Unable to connect to the Internet via Ethernet Cable

Unable to connect to the Internet via Ethernet Cable: Thank you very much all, especially Samuria. I only needed to make use of "netsh winsock reset catalog" and it worked!