Windows 10: Connect my MS account or use Local account..?

Discus and support Connect my MS account or use Local account..? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Another compelling reason to use an MS account is that your digital licence gets linked to your hardware id, making it easier to reactivate in even pc... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by cereberus, Apr 5, 2018.

1. cereberus Win User

Connect my MS account or use Local account..?

Another compelling reason to use an MS account is that your digital licence gets linked to your hardware id, making it easier to reactivate in even pc fails to activate due to a hardware change/issue.

cereberus, Apr 5, 2018
  2. Ph0werd Win User

I use all the services from Windows 10: (Edge, Groove, Skype, Powerpoint...) i don't download things that i dont trust.. is it safe to use my MS account on Windows 10 orn't.. can any virus or PUP steal my MS account password or spam me with junk mails..? Should it be a good idea to use my MS account because i use MS services + even an xBox.

Hope somebody can help me :/

:)

Ph0werd, Apr 8, 2018
  3. Changing default apps in Windows 10

My guess is even after switching to local account, the MS account information is intact somewhere (Web Credentials?) and Windows 10 might be believing you're using a MS account. This shouldn't happen... Hope MS fixes this.. Until then, connecting to a
    MS account or creating a new local account are the only workarounds. Of course, the classic UI works regardless of which account you have.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Apr 8, 2018
  4. CurtissG Win User

Multiple issues with my Windows 10 account

For the time being, I logged into the local admin account, removed my MS-connected account from the computer, then logged into my MS account with the local admin account.

If the problem pops up again, I'm going to have to find a better solution, because I can't keep blowing away all of my local data every few months in order to keep using Windows 10.

CurtissG, Apr 8, 2018
  5. Samuria Win User
    The idea is you sign in with MS account and only sign in once which is safer than logging in lots of times to different sites

Samuria, Apr 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Connect my MS account or use Local account..? - Similar Threads - Connect account Local

2. Can not change MS account to local account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can not change MS account to local account: I am running 2004 and I set up my laptop with a MS account, I dont like the fact that it shouts my full name everywhere but the setting does not appear anywhere to log in as a local account which it should and I have followed many guides to fix this and none of them did fix...
  3. Can not change MS account to local account

in Windows 10 Support
    Can not change MS account to local account: I am running 2004 and I set up my laptop with a MS account, I dont like the fact that it shouts my full name everywhere but the setting does not appear anywhere to log in as a local account which it should and I have followed many guides to fix this and none of them did fix...
  4. Switching From MS Account To Local Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Switching From MS Account To Local Account: In Settings, I'm trying to switch from a MS Account to a Local Account. I'm asked for my name. When I give it I'm told that name is already in use. Of course it is; that's the account I want to use. Can I get past this somehow, and if I do. does that delete my MS Account?...
  5. local account unable to switch to MS account

local account unable to switch to MS account: I tried everything on the account page to no avail. When I googled the issue, I saw many folks with the same issue. How is whis done with Windows 10 Pro 1809? I was told to use a second account for my wife to backup itunes so gave her a local account then cold not get back to...
  6. Using Local and MS accounts

Using Local and MS accounts: I have a computer using a local account. I use the Microsoft account separately to login to apps etc. When using another app I want to login with, I would get the account popup and can select my MS acct. How can I prevent that from accidentally being used in another app, I...
  7. PIN not an option for my Local Account or MS Account

PIN not an option for my Local Account or MS Account: Hello - I've been researching why I do not have the PIN option under my Sign-On options for my local and Microsoft accounts but I'm not having any luck finding out why. This is a clean install of Windows 10 and it is activated. Everything else works flawlessly except there...
  8. Using MS account on a local account for games..

Using MS account on a local account for games..: I have a laptop and there are two users created......one (A) with admin status and a MS account. The other is (B) with a local account credentials. B has no MS account. Can I install games from Windows store on B's login account using my MS account? ...and perhaps some...
  9. Effect of Signing into MS Account to get Apps if using local account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Effect of Signing into MS Account to get Apps if using local account?: I run my W10 computer using a local account. I want to avoid using a MS account and don't have one set up one the computer at this time. My local account is the only account. That being said, I was interested in installing a couple of apps from the app store. However, it...
  10. W10 connections FROM and TO Ms accounts (Mix of LOCAL and MS accounts)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    W10 connections FROM and TO Ms accounts (Mix of LOCAL and MS accounts): Hi there Using SIMPLE / standard File sharing connections and all computers in the LAN on the same network name e.g WORKGROUP. confusion seems rife over what user names to use when connecting to SHARES TO or FROM a machine logged on with an MS account from a machine...