Windows 10: Connect No Display Laptop to external display

Discus and support Connect No Display Laptop to external display in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My Toshiba running laptop has display problem since the update of display driver. There were blue vertical lines on screen but now when I turn on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AashishBhandari1, May 24, 2019.

1. Connect No Display Laptop to external display

My Toshiba running laptop has display problem since the update of display driver. There were blue vertical lines on screen but now when I turn on the laptop, there's a black screen. I want to connect my laptop to my BRAVIA TV using HDMI cable. But there shows no signal and as I cannot open Windows I cannot switch screen. Please help me Connect No Display Laptop to external display [​IMG]

:)

AashishBhandari1, May 24, 2019
  2. Jetster Win User

Laptop display question

Confusing statement! You want to change the display on your laptop that died?

Is that correct?

How do you know its the display that's bad?

Just google "how to change display on a acer 5745"

Should get you to step by step instructions. But first make sure its the display that's bad

Jetster, May 24, 2019
  3. External display with laptop and docking station

Hi Ray,

It is possible that there's no main display that was set to your Windows 10 devices, when you connect your laptop to the dock station. This could be one of the possible reasons that whenever you disconnect your laptop, it reverts to either of the two displays.
    To get this corrected, let's try to set a display as your main display. Here are the steps:

• Right click or press and hold on your desktop.
    • Click on Display settings.
    • On the right side of Display, click on the display number at the top that you want to make the main display, and check the
      Make this my main display box under Multiple displays.
    • Then, you can close Settings.

Additionally, there's an easier way to extend your monitor display so that you wouldn't need to go to the display settings every time you want to have an external display. To do that, simply press
    Windows key + P on your primary computer to see the options.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, May 24, 2019
  4. n1trox Win User

Connect No Display Laptop to external display

Laptop display does not detect itself

Hi,

I only have 1 computer (the laptop) and 1 external monitor. The laptop cannot detect its own screen.

So when I follow your steps, this is what happens:

• Go to Settings. (Done)
    • Click on System. (Done)
    • Under System, choose Display. (Done)
    • Under Multiple displays, click on Duplicate these displays and apply. (Done)
    • But then I undock my laptop and redock. Re-login, etc.
    • Only the external display turns on. The laptop does not turn on its own display. In order to get the laptop display to wake up, I need to follow steps 1-4 again. The settign "Duplicate these displays" does not seem to be retained.

n1trox, May 24, 2019
Thema:

Connect No Display Laptop to external display

1. Connect No Display Laptop to external display - Similar Threads - Connect Display Laptop

2. Miracast unable to connect to external display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Miracast unable to connect to external display: I have a laptop that will not connect to wireless displays by MiracastWhen connecting to a wireless display, the display provides a PIN code, but when I enter the PIN number, the connection fails with error "Couldn't connect to your device"I have 100+ of the same laptop in my...
  3. Miracast unable to connect to external display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Miracast unable to connect to external display: I have a laptop that will not connect to wireless displays by MiracastWhen connecting to a wireless display, the display provides a PIN code, but when I enter the PIN number, the connection fails with error "Couldn't connect to your device"I have 100+ of the same laptop in my...
  4. Miracast unable to connect to external display

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Laptop Display Not Rotating Automatically When External Monitor Connected

Laptop Display Not Rotating Automatically When External Monitor Connected: Hi all,So I was trying to use my laptop monitor in portrait mode while I have a monitor connected to the device but I noticed that the display would not auto rotate into the portrait mode. Setting the 'Display Orientation' was also greyed out.I was able to force it to rotate...
  6. External Display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Display: I am trying to connect my surface go 3 as an external display for my laptop pc. I have followed all the steps and the pc recognizes the tablet as an output device as well. But it still won't connect. Finally, it shows a message saying unable to connect and to retry from the...
  7. External Display

External Display: I am trying to connect my surface go 3 as an external display for my laptop pc. I have followed all the steps and the pc recognizes the tablet as an output device as well. But it still won't connect. Finally, it shows a message saying unable to connect and to retry from the...
  8. Can't connect to external display due to display driver error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't connect to external display due to display driver error: submitted by /u/soumyaranjanmahunt [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fbibi4/cant_connect_to_external_display_due_to_display/
  9. Displaying Different Apps on External Monitor and Laptop Display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Displaying Different Apps on External Monitor and Laptop Display: Hello All, I am a student and am trying out taking notes using a Bamboo Ink pen and OneNote on my Surface Book 2. I want to go all-digital with my notes, and this works perfectly during lectures, but I cannot do this while trying to read an eTextbook or watch a video and...
  10. Stuck connecting an external display

Stuck connecting an external display: I have different computers and different TVs, and I connect to TVs wireless and in a different way ... the problem I have is that on several occasions the image on the TVs freezes ... and when I come to my computer to try to solve the problem ... [ATTACH] windows 10 does...