Windows 10: Connect old chasis audio to new mobo

Discus and support Connect old chasis audio to new mobo in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello , i have a b250m motherboard and an old chasis, i never use before the front audio panel because I dont need to, and I dont know how to connect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dre, Dec 2, 2020.

1. DRE
    Dre Win User

Connect old chasis audio to new mobo

Hello , i have a b250m motherboard and an old chasis, i never use before the front audio panel because I dont need to, and I dont know how to connect the separated cables to the front panel audio connector, but the scenario change i I really need to use know. The chassis have 5 individuals cables, GROUND, R-OUT, SPK-R, L-OUT, SPK-L. Tanks for ur time an help!!

:)

2. avada Win User

How do I connect an old chassis' front audio panel to a recent MoBo?

Hi!

I realize I have an option in the bios to change it to AC 97, but even than the pin names don't match and the logical ways to connect don't seem to work. I have peculiarities such as separate ground for MIC.
    Here's what the user manual shows:

Connect old chasis audio to new mobo [​IMG]

And here are the connectors of the chassis:

Connect old chasis audio to new mobo [​IMG]

avada, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Changing my MOBO and CPU a

I'm doing PC upgrades and changes entirely for my new mini-itx build.

I'm not sure about how the process would work, but what are the appropriate steps I need to undertake before making my changes?

• My personal data and files are backed up to my Onedrive, and have nothing to lose in terms of data.
    • I have an additional copy of Windows 10 (but would prefer not to use it in-case I do another PC build).
    • My MOBO and CPU upgrades are polar opposites of my current hardware:
      • OLD HARDWARE
        • Intel i5 6500
        • AsRock Killer MOBO
      • New Hardware
        • AMD Ryzen 7 2700x
        • Asus Strix X-470
    This is my first time doing a particular change so guiding steps would be greatly appreciated! Things like how to wipe my hard-drive and reinstall Windows, etc.

Chris Anguiano, Dec 2, 2020
  4. avada Win User

How do I connect an old chassis' front audio panel to a recent MoBo?

A Foxconn TH-001 chassis and an Asus PRIME B350-PLUS motherboard.

With one connection it sort of works. But the connection detection doesn't and I only get audio if the layout is not set to 7.1.
    Otherwise I get audio on both the back connector and the front panel.
    The back microphone doesn't works so the microphone might be connected wrongly.
    Otherwise it seems like the bios/driver is bugged.

avada, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Connect old chasis audio to new mobo - Similar Threads - Connect old chasis

2. Bsod windows install, old mobo new HDD, driver error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod windows install, old mobo new HDD, driver error: HelloI've had a rampage iv mobo and 3930k CPU for years, it's been put to server duty since my new pc came along. Recently I wanted to add an 8tb drive to my HDD pool. From the moment I connected the 8tb HDD, the pc would not boot. At first it would get stuck on the bios load...
  3. Bsod windows install, old mobo new HDD, driver error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bsod windows install, old mobo new HDD, driver error: HelloI've had a rampage iv mobo and 3930k CPU for years, it's been put to server duty since my new pc came along. Recently I wanted to add an 8tb drive to my HDD pool. From the moment I connected the 8tb HDD, the pc would not boot. At first it would get stuck on the bios load...
  4. Bsod windows install, old mobo new HDD, driver error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Old / dry thermal paste on mobo

in Windows 10 Support
    Old / dry thermal paste on mobo: Hi, I hope general support is correct. I was cleaning the old thermal paste on a laptop and a little bit got stuck to the board. I swear I really tried to remove it. I tried using the lint free cloth applying a little pressure with a screwdriver, then a q-tip, and nothing....
  6. Old and new laptop connected

Old and new laptop connected: I recently got a new laptop, so I was going to give my old one to my brother, but for some reason they seem to be connected. Whatever I do on one the same thing happens on the other. I have tried to turn of sync settings for both, sharing for both, and I even took the old...
  7. How do I connect an old chassis' front audio panel to a recent MoBo?

How do I connect an old chassis' front audio panel to a recent MoBo?: Hi! I realize I have an option in the bios to change it to AC 97, but even than the pin names don't match and the logical ways to connect don't seem to work. I have peculiarities such as separate ground for MIC. Here's what the user manual shows: [img] And here are the...
  8. How do I connect an old chassis' front audio panel to a recent MoBo?

How do I connect an old chassis' front audio panel to a recent MoBo?: Hi! I realize I have an option in the bios to change it to AC 97, but even than the pin names don't match and the logical ways to connect don't seem to work Here's what the user manual shows: [img] And here are the connectors of the chassis: [img] 140329
  9. Encrypted drive with a new mobo

in Windows 10 Customization
    Encrypted drive with a new mobo: TL:DR; Can I save the user data or recover from a mobo swap. So I had a Dell tech come out and replace the data cables, keyboard, and mother board on an Latitude 5480.This device belongs to a student and has sensitive information on it. The problem is that the harddrive is...
  10. Chasys Draw IES

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chasys Draw IES: I have just installed Chasys Draw IES (one of the best graphics applications out and its %100 free), working great in Windows 10 *Smile [img] John Paul Chacha's Lab - Chasys Draw IES - Product Homepage 38199