Windows 10: Connect second monitor

Discus and support Connect second monitor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear Admin, I can't connect my second monitor on windows 10. could you please help me? thank you Best Regards, Giovanni... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Giovanni, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Giovanni Win User

Connect second monitor

Dear Admin,

I can't connect my second monitor on windows 10.

could you please help me?

thank you

Best Regards,

Giovanni

:)

Giovanni, Oct 2, 2018
  2. P4-630 Win User

Things to do once connected new G-Sync monitor

I'm getting my G-Sync monitor today.

I think I have to take the following steps:

• Connect 1440p G-sync monitor with DP cable
    • Connect second 1080p 60Hz monitor by HDMI
    • Startup PC
    • Reinstall display driver
    • Restart PC (I always do that after display driver install)
    • Activate G-Sync in NV control panel (I believe also V-Sync is auto on after that?)
    • Set my 1440p monitor from 1080p to 1440p
    • Calibrate my 1440p monitor
    Also ingame, I should turn off V-Sync?
    Are there any problems running a second 60Hz 1080p monitor?

Is there anything else I should do/know?

P4-630, Oct 2, 2018
  3. Second monitor not detected after update

Hi Tom,

There are several reasons that could have caused the issue you are experiencing. One of these is the update you previously performed in Windows, either it was not configured properly by the system or the update components were corrupted. Kindly answer the
    following questions for clarification:

• Have you tried updating the monitor and display drivers?
    • Have you tried to use another user profile to check if the issue re-occurs?

Furthermore, we suggest that you add the other monitor manually. This is to ensure that the second monitor is still connected after the update. Here are the steps:

• Type connected devices and open Connected Devices on the
      Windows Search bar.
    • Click Add devices.
    • Select the Second screen.
    • Pick one of the 3 options: Duplicate, Extend, and the Second screen only.
    • The Duplicate option will duplicate the primary display to secondary display.
    • The Extend option will unite two monitors so you can use them both as one.
    • The Second screen only option will, obviously, disable primary and use only the secondary monitor.
    • Once you’ve chosen the preferred mode, save changes.

We're looking forward to your response.

PreciousLeb, Oct 2, 2018
  4. Connect second monitor

issue with second monitor

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused. I will be glad to assist you with this.

I would suggest you to download the display driver from the manufacturer's website. If there are no driver for windows 10, download the latest driver and install it in compatibility mode by following the steps below:

After you have downloaded the driver:

a) Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select "Properties".

b) Select "Compatibility" Tab.

c) Place a check mark next to "Run this program in Compatibility mode" and select the

appropriate operating system from the drop down list.

d) Let the driver install and then check the functionality

I would also suggest you to refer to the link below for steps to set up dual monitor in your system.

Connect a second monitor or projector (Applies to windows 10)

You can also refer to the suggestion by Karthik from this link
    for more information.

Hope this helps. Do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to help.

Wungraileng1709, Oct 2, 2018
Thema:

Connect second monitor

1. Connect second monitor - Similar Threads - Connect second monitor

2. How to connect a second monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to connect a second monitor?: My pc won't detect a second monitor, but when I plug one in, the display is duplicated across both screens and the resolution drops to the minimum. Manually detecting for a second monitor doesn't work. Both monitors are the same make and model. I am using a single hdmi port...
  3. Second monitor no longer connects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor no longer connects: So my second monitor just will not connect thru vga after I did the latest windows update. It was working perfectly fine even while downloading the update but after installing the update and the pc resetting it no longer will connect nor will the pc detect it. I thought that...
  4. Second monitor no longer connects

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Second monitor no longer connects: So my second monitor just will not connect thru vga after I did the latest windows update. It was working perfectly fine even while downloading the update but after installing the update and the pc resetting it no longer will connect nor will the pc detect it. I thought that...
  5. Help connecting second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help connecting second monitor: Hello, I need help connecting a second monitor to my work laptop running Windows 10. The new monitor is a Dell E2220H and has only a Display Port and VGA output. I've purchased a Display Port to HDMI cable, as my laptop does not have a Display Port outlet. I connected the...
  6. Help connecting second monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help connecting second monitor: Hello, I need help connecting a second monitor to my work laptop running Windows 10. The new monitor is a Dell E2220H and has only a Display Port and VGA output. I've purchased a Display Port to HDMI cable, as my laptop does not have a Display Port outlet. I connected the...
  7. Cant connect second monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cant connect second monitor: I currently have all my drivers up to date and my system if up to date. I just cant connect this Compaq Q2022a to my pc. my graphics card can handle it. I connect the second screen using a VGA, when both ends of the VGA are connected the screen wakes up but can not detect a...
  8. How to connect a second monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to connect a second monitor: I'm trying to connect a second monitor to my computer via hdmi and it aint working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-connect-a-second-monitor/d9cdd8a4-358e-491d-a1ff-34d65c18fa76
  9. Connecting second monitor that is not wireless

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connecting second monitor that is not wireless: My detect button only shows wireless. Is my computer only designed to have a second monitor that is wireless only? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/connecting-second-monitor-that-is-not-wireless/1b8e6702-e44d-402a-b3eb-9e3a932e84ea
  10. cant connect second monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cant connect second monitor: I just replaced my motherboard and graphics card in my pc and my onboard vga isn't detecting a screen being connected to it I have all the necessary drivers and the latest windows updates so I am very confused on how to get my on board VGA to work. any and all help is greatly...