Windows 10: Connect Smart Card error but it is connected

Discus and support Connect Smart Card error but it is connected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a laptop that was upgraded from Windows 10 1703 to 1909. When using my smart card reader I get an error to connect a smart card. In Device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hilljack13, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Connect Smart Card error but it is connected

I have a laptop that was upgraded from Windows 10 1703 to 1909. When using my smart card reader I get an error to connect a smart card. In Device Manager the reader shows up when connected. I have rolled back the drivers, reinstalled several times and updated to the newest version from the manufactures website. Each time I get the same error to connect a smart card, but it is connected. I removed my certificates but now I cannot put them back on because Windows will not see my card. I am also seeing Certificate Propagation CPU usage at "Very High" in task manager even when the reader is not connected, as well as Smart Card Device Enumeration Service "Moderate". There is also a Local Session Manager "Very High".

I did the same update to my desktop, 1703 to 1909 and only needed to update the driver to the latest version and it works fine so I can conclude that the smart card reader and my card are not the issue.

The only other thing is that Event Viewer shows ID 442 warning that I am not sure what to do with. The other event IDs seem OK, but I am not sure.

"Event ID 442"

Device USB\VID_04E6&PID_5116\53311628718314 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Last Device Instance Id: USB\VID_04E6&PID_E001\00000000000000

Class Guid: {50dd5230-ba8a-11d1-bf5d-0000f805f530}

Location Path: PCIROOT0#PCI1C00#PCI0000#USBROOT0#USB3

Migration Rank: 0xF000FFFF00000022

Present: false

"Event ID 400"

Device USB\VID_04E6&PID_5116\53311628718314 was configured.

"Event ID 410"

Device USB\VID_04E6&PID_5116\53311628718314 was started.

"Event ID 20003"

Driver Management has concluded the process to add Service S3XXx64 for Device Instance ID USB\VID_04E6&PID_5116\53311628718314 with the following status: 0.

"Event ID 20001"

Driver Management concluded the process to install driver scr3xx.inf_amd64_975bcddfb18dfce9 for Device Instance ID USB\VID_04E6&PID_5116\53311628718314 with the following status: 0x0.

:)

hilljack13, Mar 21, 2020
  2. LydiaGG Win User

Connect a smart card

Thank you Yasir; I read the content in the link provided; the problem I have now is not to ask for smart card when log on but to connect a smart card when update applications. Do you have a suggestion for that?

LydiaGG, Mar 21, 2020
  3. Efren Win User
    Connect a Smart Card

I can't make any changes on my ASUS Laptop, every time I tried "connect a smart card" appear. This is a personal computer and I didn't use any smart card. Please help to sort this out. Thanks in advance.

Efren, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Connect Smart Card error but it is connected

Connect Samsung Smart TV to Computer

Hi Darren,

We would like to know more about the issue.

• What steps have you taken on your end?
    • Did you receive any error messages when you tried to connect your Smart TV your PC?
    We look forward to your reply.

Nathaniel Mon, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

Connect Smart Card error but it is connected

1. Connect Smart Card error but it is connected - Similar Threads - Connect Smart Card

2. Smart Card error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Smart Card error: We are having a problem with smart card error. Our customers use a smart card to access private information from the government. Patients recordsUsers connect by inserting the USB key into the computer and then clicking on the government application. They are prompted for a...
  3. Smart Card error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Smart Card error: We are having a problem with smart card error. Our customers use a smart card to access private information from the government. Patients recordsUsers connect by inserting the USB key into the computer and then clicking on the government application. They are prompted for a...
  4. Smart Card error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Connect a smart card

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connect a smart card: I am using the digital signature on the remote desktop user and it shows the error "Connect a smart card"how to resolve the issue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-a-smart-card/604042bc-0da2-4fbf-92a7-ee8e5150d5f7
  6. Windows prompting to connect a Smart Card reader

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows prompting to connect a Smart Card reader: Recently we deployed some MS updates to our users KB4601056, KB4601315, KB4601395 and anyone using a smart card reader is now being prompted regularly to connect a smart card device. I have done a lot of searching and most of the fixes involve disabling the Smart Card reader...
  7. Smart view/Connect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Smart view/Connect: So I'm connecting my phone screen to my laptop but I cant use my trackpad. Is there a way to use my trackpad or is it that i cant use my touchpad at all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/smart-viewconnect/89ed6087-5b91-4d2a-a3ef-f77aed608b1b
  8. Connecting to smart devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connecting to smart devices: How do I link my lenovo ideapad to my samsung smart tv? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connecting-to-smart-devices/b3c8a0e3-b157-43e6-a89f-3daa9f3db769
  9. "Connect a smart card" popup when starting windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Connect a smart card" popup when starting windows: [ATTACH] Recently (probably after I installed Xbox app) I have been getting this popup every time I open my computer. After pressing Cancel 4 times, it goes away but it's annoying. When I connect my smart card reader it does detect it but it wants me to insert my card,...
  10. Connect a Smart Card

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Connect a Smart Card: I can't make any changes on my ASUS Laptop, every time I tried "connect a smart card" appear. This is a personal computer and I didn't use any smart card. Please help to sort this out. Thanks in advance. 30636