Windows 10: Connect standby = not supported Laptop turns off as soon as I unplug it from the power...

Discus and support Connect standby = not supported Laptop turns off as soon as I unplug it from the power... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an Acer Aspire E5-574 laptop which I have been using for almost 4 years.Today when I tried to switch on my laptop it did not turn on, I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by leah321, May 12, 2021.

1. leah321 Win User

Connect standby = not supported Laptop turns off as soon as I unplug it from the power...

I have an Acer Aspire E5-574 laptop which I have been using for almost 4 years.Today when I tried to switch on my laptop it did not turn on, I tried connecting it to the AC adapter but the charging indicator did not even turn on. I took my adapter to a shop and they gave me a new one. My laptop turns on when connected to the new adapter, battery percentage shows 98% but as soon as I unplug the AC adapter, my laptop turns off.I uploaded both my battery and energy reports here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1osHfDLEcYaWlmhkkZWC0m3RnX8Qzh_Ki?usp=sharing

:)

leah321, May 12, 2021

2. Blue Screen after unplugging HDMI and on battery power

Hello!

Here's the scenario of a blue screen that I can reliably reproduce....

• I'm presenting off my Dell Precision 5510 (Windows 10 Pro version 1709 Build 16299.248, 64-bit, 32GB RAM, Intel i7-6820HQ @ 2.70Ghz) while plugged into power. The laptop is connected to a projector via HDMI, with the screen extended (allowing me to see
      one thing on my laptop monitor and other content displayed on the HDMI connected projector.
    • Presentation is done. I unplug from HDMI without toggling to displaying only on my PC screen. I just unplug the HDMI cable.
    • I unplug from the power supply (thus now on battery power) but have not turned off the laptop or put it in standby.
    • I work on some follow-up tasks..... In a matter of minutes the laptop slows, locks, and blue screens.
    • The blue screen code varies, but the message about collecting data never goes above 0%.

If I toggle to displaying only on my PC screen, I seem to avoid the blue screen. Also, if I'm under power, it doesn't seem to happen. Finally, if I unplug from power but don't unplug the HDMI, I'm fine. It's when I unplug from HDMI and go to battery power
    that the failure happens.

Nothing shows up on memory diagnostics.

Thoughts? Thanks!

AndyKaufmanPMP, May 12, 2021
  3. Windows won't boot up when unplug laptop power source

The problem is that, if i didn't unplug the power source from the laptop(ie : i just leave it connected to the power source) the laptop can boot just fine. The problem happens when i unplug the power source, and plug in back with the power source, the laptop
    will go black screen after the acer logo

AmuroHirai, May 12, 2021
  4. Connect standby = not supported Laptop turns off as soon as I unplug it from the power...

Battery Report: Connected standby = not supported

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I can imagine the inconvenience you are experiencing and will certainly help you in the right direction to fix the issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

1. Since when are you facing this issue?
    2. Are you aware of any recent changes on the device prior to this issue?

The possible cause of this issue could be due to faulty battery. However, I would suggest you to try the below suggested methods to isolate the issue.

Method 1

If your laptop comes with a battery reset pinhole at the bottom of the laptop, please reset the battery. To do so,

1. Unplug AC power adapter.
    2. Locate the battery reset pinhole on the bottom of the computer.
    3. Insert a small paperclip in the battery reset pinhole. Hold the reset button for 4 seconds.
    4. Do not turn on the computer for next 5 minutes.
    5. Connect the AC adapter and power on the system and check the status of the issue.
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you to try Method 2

Method 2

Reset and restore the power plan to default

1. Right-click on Start button
      and click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    2. In the command prompt, type powercfg –restoredefaultschemes
      and hit Enter.
    3. Exit command prompt. Restart the device and check the status of the issue.
    Note: This would reset the power plan settings to default. Any customized power plans are would be removed.

If the method 2 doesn’t fix the issue, try with Method 3.

Method 3

Update battery drivers

1. Click on Start, type in
      Device Manager
    2. Check if there is any
      Yellow exclamation mark
      under Batteries category.
    3. If Yes, right click on the specific driver which has an exclamation mark, Uninstall and restart the device and check the status of the issue.
    4. If No,
      right click on
      Microsoft AC adapter andselect
      uninstall.
    5. Restart the device and check the status of the issue.

If the issue still persists, I request you to get in touch with the
    Acer Support for the further assistance.

Regards.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, May 12, 2021
Thema:

Connect standby = not supported Laptop turns off as soon as I unplug it from the power...

1. Connect standby = not supported Laptop turns off as soon as I unplug it from the power... - Similar Threads - Connect standby supported

2. Laptop turns off when unplugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop turns off when unplugged: i have a toshiba satellite c855-s5350 and when i unplug it it turns off when i click on the battery it says 100%, any fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-turns-off-when-unplugged/a765a703-f084-423c-a74c-3b25dae940ee
  3. Laptop turns off when unplugged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop turns off when unplugged: i have a toshiba satellite c855-s5350 and when i unplug it it turns off when i click on the battery it says 100%, any fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-turns-off-when-unplugged/a765a703-f084-423c-a74c-3b25dae940ee
  4. Laptop turns off when unplugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Screen turns off when you unplug the laptop from AC power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen turns off when you unplug the laptop from AC power: When I unplug my awake not sleeping laptop from AC power, very often it immediately turns off the screen or even falls asleep.I think I have found the root cause of this. My power options are the following:When plugged inOn batteryTurn off screen after10 mins2 minsGo to sleep...
  6. Screen turns off when you unplug the laptop from AC power

Screen turns off when you unplug the laptop from AC power: When I unplug my awake not sleeping laptop from AC power, very often it immediately turns off the screen or even falls asleep.I think I have found the root cause of this. My power options are the following:When plugged inOn batteryTurn off screen after10 mins2 minsGo to sleep...
  7. Laptop turns off and restarts as soon as I charge it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop turns off and restarts as soon as I charge it: Every time I charge my laptop it turns off and restarts, what should I do?I have recently installed Windows 11 but nothing changed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-turns-off-and-restarts-as-soon-as-i-charge/4692a7a5-e476-495f-b55e-df07d6beeace
  8. Laptop turns off and restarts as soon as I charge it

Laptop turns off and restarts as soon as I charge it: Every time I charge my laptop it turns off and restarts, what should I do?I have recently installed Windows 11 but nothing changed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-turns-off-and-restarts-as-soon-as-i-charge/4692a7a5-e476-495f-b55e-df07d6beeace
  9. 255% battery. Turns off as soon as it's unplugged.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    255% battery. Turns off as soon as it's unplugged.: So my battery says it is 255% not 100%. As soon as it's unplugged it turns off. Does anyone know what may be causing this ? I just did a factory reset and no dice. It has done this before and after updating as well. Thanks. submitted by /u/babygorilla90 [link]...
  10. Cant view Advanced Power Settings after turning off Connected Standby

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant view Advanced Power Settings after turning off Connected Standby: I have a Surface Pro 4 (windows 10) and want to modify my Power Plan in order to stop the fan coming on every 5 mins when using Chrome. I have turned off Connected Standby by "Double clicking on CsEnabled and changing Value data from 1 to 0." However, after rebooting I can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. connected standby not supported dell inspiration

2. laptop battery connected standby not supported