Windows 10: Connect to a ethernet device without internet access

Discus and support Connect to a ethernet device without internet access in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10. I need to connect to devices with a ethernet connection ( wired or wi-fi) but without internet access on either side. Presently, it shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NunoMatta, Dec 8, 2018.

1. NunoMatta Win User

Connect to a ethernet device without internet access

Windows 10.

I need to connect to devices with a ethernet connection ( wired or wi-fi) but without internet access on either side.

Presently, it shows the connection, with a comment NO INTERNET... when I try to log in with a browser it will not recognize the connection.

:)

NunoMatta, Dec 8, 2018

2. How to connect Mobile Broadband device to act as internet access for Ethernet hub?

Hi Gary,

There are some factors that may affect the connection of your Mobile Broadband device to access the Internet. Sometimes, it may be caused by some configuration. To sort out your concern, we’d like to know the following information:

• What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • If there's an error message, can you provide us a screenshot?
    • How are your devices connected to the network? Is it through wireless or wired connection?

We’re looking forward to your response.

Joseph Ban, Dec 8, 2018
  3. How to connect Mobile Broadband device to act as internet access for Ethernet hub?

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to give remote access to a vendor to his device by connecting a Mobile broadband device with 4G internet access to an Ethernet hub. I have connected via a micro usb to Ethernet adaptor and the device can be seen.

However I cannot get internet access as it does not recognise the IP address as it says it is invalid

Please help

GaryShubert, Dec 8, 2018
  4. WBBarnett Win User

"No Internet Access" on Ethernet and Wireless - Windows 10

Steps taken to resolve:

• Downloaded from Realtek and installed Windows 10 driver for Realtek PCIe FE Family device
    • reset winsock and ip4 and ip6.
    • reset DNS cache
    • forced media connection by changing ip4 to fixed ip address, gateway, and dns server. Able to ping other devices on network - including gateway, but could not connect to internet. Diagnose unable to find issue with connection.
      • "ipconfig /release" message is "no operation can be performed on (adapter name) while it has its media disconnected."
    • when using DHCP, do not receive response from default gateway, so ipconfig has strange addresses. Diagnose returns:
      • "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration.
    • all other computers on network able to use DHCP for addresses.

trudging through topics on tech forum(s) to find other solutions. Need suggestions on resolution.

WBBarnett, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Connect to a ethernet device without internet access - Similar Threads - Connect ethernet device

2. After computer is connected to the Ethernet device, the 4G module cannot access the Internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After computer is connected to the Ethernet device, the 4G module cannot access the Internet.: My IPC is installed with WINDOWS 10 IOT ENT2019 LTSC ENTRY operating system and 4G LTE wireless module. If there are no other Ethernet devices, the industrial computer can access the Internet normally, but after connecting to other Ethernet devices, the industrial computer...
  3. After computer is connected to the Ethernet device, the 4G module cannot access the Internet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After computer is connected to the Ethernet device, the 4G module cannot access the Internet.: My IPC is installed with WINDOWS 10 IOT ENT2019 LTSC ENTRY operating system and 4G LTE wireless module. If there are no other Ethernet devices, the industrial computer can access the Internet normally, but after connecting to other Ethernet devices, the industrial computer...
  4. After computer is connected to the Ethernet device, the 4G module cannot access the Internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can’t connect to internet without ethernet.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t connect to internet without ethernet.: PLEASE READ THE WHOLE THING BEFORE COMMENTING, AS EVERYONE ALWAYS TELLS ME THINGS I SAID DONT WORK. WiFi shows as WiFi 2, and Ethernet shows as Ethernet 2. Only one WiFi network is showing and it gives me no Internet. When i put my computer next to the router it gave me very...
  6. No Internet Access Ethernet

No Internet Access Ethernet: Recently, my PC has started to not receive any internet connection even with the ethernet plugged into the PC's port and both the PC and the Routers ports both lit up. My PC detects that the ethernet is plugged in yet I am receiving no connection. When I go into my ethernet's...
  7. Ethernet connected with Internet access, but not getting internet

Ethernet connected with Internet access, but not getting internet: Ethernet connected with Internet access, but not getting internet. Only internetworking with Wifi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-connected-with-internet-access-but-not/bc75b240-1beb-403e-bd87-171980cdb14b
  8. Ethernet not accessing internet?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet not accessing internet?: Hello all, I recently decided to commit to the ways of the Ethernet and it hasn’t gone exactly as I had hoped. I got a 100ft cat 6 cable that recognizes its connected to my router, but isn’t able to load any websites and says, “no internet access”. I tested the cable my...
  9. Ethernet connected but no access to internet.

Ethernet connected but no access to internet.: I just moved and I'm having trouble connecting to the internet. There is no ethernet port in my room so I'm using a tp-link av1000 adapter. I do not have wifi on my computer it was custom built. When I go to ethernet status for the network I can see that it is sending and...
  10. Connected, No Internet Access - Regardless of Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection

Connected, No Internet Access - Regardless of Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection: We've had at least 5 laptops of varying model types running Windows 10 Pro 1903 experience an issue with network connectivity. This seems to be regardless of Wi-Fi or Ethernet network connection. In the case of a Wi-Fi connection, the taskbar icon displays 'Connected, No...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can i connecto to a device by ethernet while connecting to internet by wifi