Windows 10: connect to a kindle

Discus and support connect to a kindle in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hi there,i need my password which I use to connect to the internet for me to use a new kindle but I do not know I can get it...urgent please.....gerald Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jedccop, Aug 3, 2019.

1. jedccop Win User

connect to a kindle

hi there,i need my password which I use to connect to the internet for me to use a new kindle but I do not know I can get it...urgent please.....gerald

jedccop, Aug 3, 2019
  2. cereberus Win User

Kindle will not connect to computer

Can't you just email it to your kindle email address?

cereberus, Aug 3, 2019
  3. Connecting a Kindle

Hi Ralph I'm Peter an independent advisor, have you tried connecting your kindle to another USB port and do you have another cable you could try incase it's damaged?

Next try charging the kindle for 30 minutes then perform a hard reset.... To restart your Kindle, leave the device connected to the computer, press and hold the power button for about 40 seconds or until the device restarts automatically. If your device restarts
    automatically before 40 seconds has passed, release the Power button. If your device does not automatically restart after 40 seconds, press the power button to turn it on.

Still not working? Try connecting it as a camera. when you connect Kindle to your PC, slide down to reveal the sliding menu and you will see Connection Options in the notification bar. Set the option Connect as camera. If you cannot find it from the drop-down
    list, try to select it from Settings and Storage on your device. As absurd as this sounds, this method solved the problem for a number of users.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers... The cause might be due to the Windows 10 Kindle driver is missing or install failed. In this case, your Kindle is missing. You will see a device with a yellow exclamation or an MTP or USB driver with an exclamation
    under Portable Devices in Device Manager. So try to update Kindle driver to help to fix this Kindle not showing up

Open Device manager, expand the Portable Devices. And you will see your Kindle or MTP device

Right-click the Kindle or MTP device and choose Update Driver Software

Choose the second option: Browse my computer for driver software

Choose the bottom option: Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer

Check Show compatible hardware, and the right model will list. Here choose MTP USB Device and click Next

In the Update Driver warning window, click Yes. Windows will install the compatible device driver for your Kindle

Lastly try reinstalling the kindle software:

Go to Settings and click on Apps and Features

Look for Kindle software and click Uninstall

Restart your PC

Go to the Amazon downloads page to download and install the latest Kindle Software for Windows 10

PeterFlynn4, Aug 3, 2019
  4. connect to a kindle

Kindle will not connect to computer

Since the latest Windows 10 update I have been unable to download ebooks from my computer to my kindle. I last transferred a book just before the update, so I am sure that is the problem.

The kindle connects to the computer. The light on the kindle shows it connected and it accepts a charge. But when I connect to Calibre the kindle is not shown.

The update was 2018-06 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4103729) and it was installed on 20/06/2018.

I have two kindles and have the same problem with both.

I have tried to transfer a book direct from the computer, rather than through Calibre, and have the same problem.

Any help appreciated

thistlebarrow, Aug 3, 2019
Thema:

connect to a kindle

1. connect to a kindle - Similar Threads - connect kindle

2. Kindle not connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kindle not connecting: kindle paperwhite 6th generation is not recognised when connected via usb cable on my lenovo thinkpad running windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kindle-not-connecting/3018e6a3-f7ec-4324-acb3-f193d9ff89d3
  3. Kindle not connecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kindle not connecting: kindle paperwhite 6th generation is not recognised when connected via usb cable on my lenovo thinkpad running windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kindle-not-connecting/3018e6a3-f7ec-4324-acb3-f193d9ff89d3
  4. Why is my kindle not connecting/showing up as a device in my computer when I connect it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my kindle not connecting/showing up as a device in my computer when I connect it...: "I am attempting to transfer PDF files from my Windows 11 computer to my Kindle. However, I've noticed that my Kindle, while still charging, does not appear to be sharing its data with the computer. I've tried the same process on a Windows 10 computer and it worked...
  5. Why is my kindle not connecting/showing up as a device in my computer when I connect it...

Why is my kindle not connecting/showing up as a device in my computer when I connect it...: "I am attempting to transfer PDF files from my Windows 11 computer to my Kindle. However, I've noticed that my Kindle, while still charging, does not appear to be sharing its data with the computer. I've tried the same process on a Windows 10 computer and it worked...
  6. how to connect kindle fire in win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to connect kindle fire in win 10: Kindle fire not recognized on windows 10. don't know where or how to get drivers for it, or if they are needed. I would be grateful for any help possible with this....
  7. how to connect kindle fire in win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to connect kindle fire in win 10: Kindle fire not recognized on windows 10. don't know where or how to get drivers for it, or if they are needed. I would be grateful for any help possible with this....
  8. how to connect kindle fire in win 10

9. Kindle tablet Fire HD 8 Won't Connect to PC

Kindle tablet Fire HD 8 Won't Connect to PC: I have a brand new Kindle Fire HD 8 and tried to attach it to my PC using the USB cable. When I plug it in nothing happens, Windows does not recognize the Kindle at all. I suspect this is a driver problem. Can someone help?...
  10. connecting kindle paperwhite to windows 10

connecting kindle paperwhite to windows 10: I cannot get windows to recognize the Kindle. Nearly all of the "fixes" require that the Kindle is shown in the windows 10 device list. I can't get to see the Kindle as a device. When you go to Amazon and try to reinstall the device, it installs the "kindle app" on my...