Windows 10: Connect to a wireless display disappeared after upgrading wireless network adapter to Intel...

Discus and support Connect to a wireless display disappeared after upgrading wireless network adapter to Intel... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After reading about a dozen articles and compiling all the requirements for Miracast, I finally figured out the settings change required for the Intel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JReganIII, Nov 17, 2019.

1. JReganIII Win User

Connect to a wireless display disappeared after upgrading wireless network adapter to Intel...

After reading about a dozen articles and compiling all the requirements for Miracast, I finally figured out the settings change required for the Intel AC-9260 wireless adapter. Apparently Miracast requires both the 2.4GHz capability and the 801.11 a,b,g,n capability.

In the AC-9260 Adapter Configuration, there is an Advanced Setting named 802.11 n,ac Wireless Mode. It must be set to either Disabled or 802.11n. It cannot be set to 802.11ac.

And kudos to Microsoft folks. Changing the setting instantly updates all associated control panel and settings and made it relatively painless to exercise the changes and detemine the proper settings, without multiple reboots.

:)

JReganIII, Nov 17, 2019
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

Windows Wireless Display Adapter-not connecting anymore

Hello Phillip,

Did you notice any changes on your PC prior to the issue? I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in this support article:
    Troubleshooting Wireless Display Adapters.

Since updating drivers did not work, in addition, you can try to reset the Wireless Adapter.

1. On the adapter, press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds.
    2. When the message " Ready to connect "shows, open the
      Action Center.
    3. Select Connect, and in the list of displays, select
      Microsoft
      Wireless Display Adapter.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Carlo Fer, Nov 17, 2019
  3. Wireless network adapter disappearing?

Hi, I've had an Asus Q400A for about 4 years now. A few months ago, it started doing this thing where I'll be working online, and suddenly I'll lose wifi connection. Then the wifi bars at the bottom of the screen have a yellow exclamation mark on
    them, and then a few seconds later it turns into the Ethernet sign with a red x on it. My wireless adapter disappears completely. If I go to my device manager, all that is listed under my network adapters is the "Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet
    Controller (NDIS 6.30)." I am missing my "Intell Centrino Wireless-N 2230" wireless network adapter. It's like my computer's wifi is completely disabled, and I am only able to connect to the internet via Ethernet. Sometimes I am able to fix it with the troubleshooter
    before the adapter shuts off completely and disappears, as it always turns yellow with the exclamation mark for a few seconds before disappearing. If I am fast enough I can run the troubleshooter and it will reset the wireless network adapter before it disappears.
    But when this doesn't work or I am too late, not even restarting or shutting down my computer will bring it back. It just kind of comes back on its own after I let my computer sit turned off for a few hours. This is INCREDIBLY annoying, as I am a busy high
    school senior, and most of my school work and internship work is done on my computer. I have tried reinstalling the intell wireless adapter driver, and that did not work. What should I do? Is this a hardware problem? I have an Asus Q400A notebook running Windows
    10. I have also tried turning off the option for the computer to turn off the adapter to save battery and that did not work.

carsond2704, Nov 17, 2019
  4. Connect to a wireless display disappeared after upgrading wireless network adapter to Intel...

Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter connection issues

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, however I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo + X.

• Go to Device Manager on your Surface Pro 3.

• Go to Display Adapters.

• Search for Intel (HD) graphics driver.

• Uninstall this graphics driver and reboot your Surface Pro 3.
    After reboot, an updated Intel (HD) graphics driver should be installed. And this driver might be capable to connect to Microsoft’s Wireless Display Adapter.

You can follow the group discussion by clicking on the link.

Microsoft wireless display adapter not connecting to Surface Pro 3

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

Connect to a wireless display disappeared after upgrading wireless network adapter to Intel...

1. Connect to a wireless display disappeared after upgrading wireless network adapter to Intel... - Similar Threads - Connect wireless display

2. Intel Wireless-AC 9260 160MHz wireless networks not displayed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Wireless-AC 9260 160MHz wireless networks not displayed: Intel Wireless-AC 9260 160MHz wireless card as part of ASUS TUF Gaming X570 motherboard. Unable to connect to ANY wifi. When I click on show available networks I get a black screen.There should be at least a dozen networks close neighbors in range.I suspect it is a windows...
  3. Intel Wireless-AC 9260 160MHz wireless networks not displayed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel Wireless-AC 9260 160MHz wireless networks not displayed: Intel Wireless-AC 9260 160MHz wireless card as part of ASUS TUF Gaming X570 motherboard. Unable to connect to ANY wifi. When I click on show available networks I get a black screen.There should be at least a dozen networks close neighbors in range.I suspect it is a windows...
  4. Intel Wireless-AC 9260 160MHz wireless networks not displayed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Wireless Display Adapter not connecting to PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Display Adapter not connecting to PC: Hello....ran into a strange issue that I'm not sure how to fix.Our school district has Microsoft Wireless Display adapters at various locations. They were connecting to Dell Latitude 3410s up until 3 weeks ago. Suddenly none of them will connect to the display. Sometimes they...
  6. Wireless Display Adapter not connecting to PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless Display Adapter not connecting to PC: Hello....ran into a strange issue that I'm not sure how to fix.Our school district has Microsoft Wireless Display adapters at various locations. They were connecting to Dell Latitude 3410s up until 3 weeks ago. Suddenly none of them will connect to the display. Sometimes they...
  7. Network adapters and wireless connection.

Network adapters and wireless connection.: I booted up on laptop and i saw that it was not connected to the internet and when i clicked the icon to connect to a network there were no options. I click network connection on control panel and there was an x on wifi and Ethernet and Ethernet 2 I searched up how to fix it...
  8. My Wireless Network Adapters just Disappeared

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Wireless Network Adapters just Disappeared: hello, so I have a big problem. so my computer glitched out and it forced itself to shut off. when I turn it back on, my internet won't pop up and my computer is telling me that I have to connect my pc to an Ethernet cable. So I go to my device manager, go to network...
  9. problems connecting Wireless display adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    problems connecting Wireless display adapter: The problem is that I cant connect my PC to my TV using the Microsoft wireless display adapter. it works perfectly with my android phone but no matter what I tried it wont connect to the PC. It always show like its connecting (also in the TV screen) but then it dies after a...
  10. Wireless Network Adapter disappeared after Windows 10 upgrade

Wireless Network Adapter disappeared after Windows 10 upgrade: Hey, So after 2 failed attempts at installing Windows 10 on an Acer Aspire Z5801 PC, I finally managed to succeed. However, a new problem appeared after installation.. The Wireless network adapter went completely missing. Windows does not detect its existence at all,...