Windows 10: Connect to a wireless display disappeared after upgrading wireless network adapter to Intel...

Discus and support Connect to a wireless display disappeared after upgrading wireless network adapter to Intel... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After reading about a dozen articles and compiling all the requirements for Miracast, I finally figured out the settings change required for the Intel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JReganIII, Nov 17, 2019.

1. JReganIII Win User

Connect to a wireless display disappeared after upgrading wireless network adapter to Intel...

After reading about a dozen articles and compiling all the requirements for Miracast, I finally figured out the settings change required for the Intel AC-9260 wireless adapter. Apparently Miracast requires both the 2.4GHz capability and the 801.11 a,b,g,n capability.

In the AC-9260 Adapter Configuration, there is an Advanced Setting named 802.11 n,ac Wireless Mode. It must be set to either Disabled or 802.11n. It cannot be set to 802.11ac.

And kudos to Microsoft folks. Changing the setting instantly updates all associated control panel and settings and made it relatively painless to exercise the changes and detemine the proper settings, without multiple reboots.

:)

JReganIII, Nov 17, 2019
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

Windows Wireless Display Adapter-not connecting anymore

Hello Phillip,

Did you notice any changes on your PC prior to the issue? I suggest that you follow the steps outlined in this support article:
    Troubleshooting Wireless Display Adapters.

Since updating drivers did not work, in addition, you can try to reset the Wireless Adapter.

1. On the adapter, press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds.
    2. When the message " Ready to connect "shows, open the
      Action Center.
    3. Select Connect, and in the list of displays, select
      Microsoft
      Wireless Display Adapter.

Please respond to this thread to let me know how the issue progresses. Similarly, if you have more questions, please inform me by replying to this post.

Carlo Fer, Nov 17, 2019
  3. Wireless network adapter disappearing?

Hi, I've had an Asus Q400A for about 4 years now. A few months ago, it started doing this thing where I'll be working online, and suddenly I'll lose wifi connection. Then the wifi bars at the bottom of the screen have a yellow exclamation mark on
    them, and then a few seconds later it turns into the Ethernet sign with a red x on it. My wireless adapter disappears completely. If I go to my device manager, all that is listed under my network adapters is the "Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet
    Controller (NDIS 6.30)." I am missing my "Intell Centrino Wireless-N 2230" wireless network adapter. It's like my computer's wifi is completely disabled, and I am only able to connect to the internet via Ethernet. Sometimes I am able to fix it with the troubleshooter
    before the adapter shuts off completely and disappears, as it always turns yellow with the exclamation mark for a few seconds before disappearing. If I am fast enough I can run the troubleshooter and it will reset the wireless network adapter before it disappears.
    But when this doesn't work or I am too late, not even restarting or shutting down my computer will bring it back. It just kind of comes back on its own after I let my computer sit turned off for a few hours. This is INCREDIBLY annoying, as I am a busy high
    school senior, and most of my school work and internship work is done on my computer. I have tried reinstalling the intell wireless adapter driver, and that did not work. What should I do? Is this a hardware problem? I have an Asus Q400A notebook running Windows
    10. I have also tried turning off the option for the computer to turn off the adapter to save battery and that did not work.

carsond2704, Nov 17, 2019
  4. Connect to a wireless display disappeared after upgrading wireless network adapter to Intel...

Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter connection issues

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, however I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo + X.

• Go to Device Manager on your Surface Pro 3.

• Go to Display Adapters.

• Search for Intel (HD) graphics driver.

• Uninstall this graphics driver and reboot your Surface Pro 3.
    After reboot, an updated Intel (HD) graphics driver should be installed. And this driver might be capable to connect to Microsoft’s Wireless Display Adapter.

You can follow the group discussion by clicking on the link.

Microsoft wireless display adapter not connecting to Surface Pro 3

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

Connect to a wireless display disappeared after upgrading wireless network adapter to Intel...

1. Connect to a wireless display disappeared after upgrading wireless network adapter to Intel... - Similar Threads - Connect wireless display

2. problems connecting Wireless display adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    problems connecting Wireless display adapter: The problem is that I cant connect my PC to my TV using the Microsoft wireless display adapter. it works perfectly with my android phone but no matter what I tried it wont connect to the PC. It always show like its connecting (also in the TV screen) but then it dies after a...
  3. 'Network Address' property not displaying for wireless adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    'Network Address' property not displaying for wireless adapter: If you go to the "Device Manager" control panel window, and open the 'Network Adapters' drop down, there is a list of different Network Adapters. My goal was to change the MAC address on my wireless adapter that I use to connect to the wifi. You can do this by displaying the...
  4. Wireless Network Adapter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Wireless Network Adapter: Hi All, Yesterday morning I was working on my Dell XPS 13 9370 laptop and walked away for a few minutes. I came back to no wifi access. I went through tech support for 2.5 hours to determine that my laptop somehow lost my wireless network adapter. Dell wants me to send in...
  5. Wireless Network Adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless Network Adapter: Acer Laptop, O/S: win 10 64 bit, the Qualcomm Atheros Wireless Network adapter is not working; tried to reinstall driver but failed (error 10). What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-network-adapter/e5121563-83e5-4bba-9296-23feb77f6b12
  6. Intel Wireless Adapter Randomly Turns Off, Disappears

Intel Wireless Adapter Randomly Turns Off, Disappears: For about a week now, I have had issues with my Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165 adapter randomly turning off. Sometimes it will turn back on within a minute or two, other times not. When this happens, it disappears from the system when you go thru the Control Panel...
  7. No wireless network adapter

No wireless network adapter: I have a Microsoft Surface Go in S mode with no wireless internet driver. How do I resolve this issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/no-wireless-network-adapter/347e8aea-f3aa-4922-98b5-805beae67dfe
  8. Intel AC7260 Wireless Adapter Dropping Connection

Intel AC7260 Wireless Adapter Dropping Connection: I have a Dell XPS 9Q33 with the Intel AC7260 wireless adapter. I experienced a never-ending litany of connection problems with this adapter, and tried every solution I could find on the web. And I do mean every possible solution. Many of those suggestions required changing...
  9. Wireless Adapter Not Connected.

Wireless Adapter Not Connected.: Hey guys, so I'm on my MSI laptop, turned it on today and it basically told me I have no wireless adapter. I'm going to attach screenshots of everything I can to try and help with this, any help would be appreciated. Killer Wireless Wifi Adapter showing up but hidden:...
  10. Wireless Network Adapter disappeared after Windows 10 upgrade

Wireless Network Adapter disappeared after Windows 10 upgrade: Hey, So after 2 failed attempts at installing Windows 10 on an Acer Aspire Z5801 PC, I finally managed to succeed. However, a new problem appeared after installation.. The Wireless network adapter went completely missing. Windows does not detect its existence at all,...