Windows 10: Connect to all wifis with same SSID and password

Discus and support Connect to all wifis with same SSID and password in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Windows 10 tablet and have multiple routers in different locations. These routers all have the same SSID and password. Is there a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mikellarrañaga1, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Connect to all wifis with same SSID and password

Hello,

I have a Windows 10 tablet and have multiple routers in different locations. These routers all have the same SSID and password.

Is there a way to tell my Windows 10 tablet to connect to all these routers without having to connect manually to each of them?

In an older device, just by connecting to one of the routers, the device would connect to a new router because the SSID and password were the same, but this doesn't work anymore in my new tablet.

Is there something I can do to solve this?

Thank you

:)

mikellarrañaga1, Apr 15, 2021

2. NETSH: How to connect to wifi(SSID) with username and password

Hi Greg,

I went through the document, I couldn't find the command to connect to ssid with username and password.

lets take an example to explain this.

my wifi name(ssid) : eku_secure

username: abcdef

password: 12345

is there netsh command to connect to wifi through command line with username and password

netsh wlan connect ssid=your_wifi_name username="abcdef" password=12345 (just an example to understand the requirement).

=========

I have created the profile "dot1x_eap_ttls" and connected to ssid "dot1x_eap_ttls_wifi" with below command

netsh wlan connect name=dot1x_eap_ttls ssid=dot1x_eap_ttls_wifi

Result: Output: "Connection request was completed successfully"

But when I check Wifi adapater it is showing Attempting to authenticate ---> Because we need to provide user name password for authenticating ssid "dot1x_eap_ttls_wifi"

Please let me know is there any way to add username and password in command line?

Regards,

Akhil

Akhilesh Erwa, Apr 15, 2021
  3. Nokia 920 and 820 will not connect to hidden SSID WiFi

I have tried connecting using the advanced + options as suggested. I am able to enter the SSID with the router then asking for the password. The correct password is entered - but I then get a message saying that the router is not responding to the requested.
    However, if the SSID is made visible a connection can be made fine. The Lumia 920 then holds the WiFi connection until the SSID is made invisible again at which point the connection is lost. Make it visible again and a connection is restored.
    The router in question is a netgear - I will try this evening using another router and see if the same symptoms exist.

IanHeathcock, Apr 15, 2021
  4. Connect to all wifis with same SSID and password

WiFi network that is not broadcasting an SSID

I have my home router set to not broadcast the SSID and have it secured with a WPA2 Passphrase. The question I have is how can I connect my LG Quantum phone to my home network if I'm not broadcasting the SSID? It doesn't show up on the list of available
    WiFi connections and there is no way to manually include my SSID and password from what I can see. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Crazy_Allen, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

Connect to all wifis with same SSID and password

1. Connect to all wifis with same SSID and password - Similar Threads - Connect wifis same

2. Cannot Connect to Wifi SSID with X Next to It

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Connect to Wifi SSID with X Next to It: Hi All,I am trying to connect to "Host" SSID, but unable to. There is an X near the icon that is preventing a connection. Other devices are able to connect to the same SSID without issue. I have tried Forgetting the SSID, and uninstalling the WiFI driver Then reboot to no...
  3. Cannot Connect to Wifi SSID with X Next to It

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Connect to Wifi SSID with X Next to It: Hi All,I am trying to connect to "Host" SSID, but unable to. There is an X near the icon that is preventing a connection. Other devices are able to connect to the same SSID without issue. I have tried Forgetting the SSID, and uninstalling the WiFI driver Then reboot to no...
  4. Cannot Connect to Wifi SSID with X Next to It

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Hidden WIFI SSID connections keep disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hidden WIFI SSID connections keep disappearing: We have a lot of Windows 10 computers that connect to our Wifi using a hidden SSID. We configure the SSID on the computers and they work perfectly fine for a while, but after some time, the Hidden SSID just disappears and the Wifi connects to our guest network instead. We...
  6. Hidden WIFI SSID connections keep disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hidden WIFI SSID connections keep disappearing: We have a lot of Windows 10 computers that connect to our Wifi using a hidden SSID. We configure the SSID on the computers and they work perfectly fine for a while, but after some time, the Hidden SSID just disappears and the Wifi connects to our guest network instead. We...
  7. Hidden WIFI SSID connections keep disappearing

8. Windows will not connect to WIFI router with new password and same SSID

Windows will not connect to WIFI router with new password and same SSID: After changing password for a non-broadcasting network's SSID Windows 10 continues asking for a new network key then does not accept the new key. Password was changed for safety purposes and has been accepted by other devices on this network, most of which are Apple ios or...
  9. Problem Connecting Multiple Wifi Routers With Same SSID

Problem Connecting Multiple Wifi Routers With Same SSID: Hi, I lives in Pakistan, Here main BroadBand service provider is PTCL. When they install new BroadBand internet connection, they name each router's SSID as "PTCL-BB". Surely, I can change the SSID but as we go to some other place same problem exists. I need to use some...
  10. NETSH: How to connect to wifi(SSID) with username and password

NETSH: How to connect to wifi(SSID) with username and password: How to connect to wifi(SSID) with username and password using netsh [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/netsh-how-to-connect-to-wifissid-with-username-and/eade9749-2650-469d-b0b1-55fe89a71bb6