Windows 10: Connect to disconnected RDP remote connection using tscon

Discus and support Connect to disconnected RDP remote connection using tscon in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I connect to RDP user session on the VM from command line tscon. The problem is I am not able to connect to the session if it is not active. Is there a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ahamedali87, Nov 23, 2021.

1. Connect to disconnected RDP remote connection using tscon

I connect to RDP user session on the VM from command line tscon. The problem is I am not able to connect to the session if it is not active. Is there a way to connect to the rdp session using tscon even if user session is disconnected? Or Can I make disconnected session active and connect? Please help. Thanks.The following code is what I use when active connection is there.for /f "skip=1 tokens=3" %%s in 'query user %USERNAME%' do %windir%\System32\tscon.exe %%s /dest:console

:)

Ahamedali87, Nov 23, 2021
  2. TomMartow Win User

[Help] Remote Desktop Connection

Instead of disconnecting the remote connection as usual, run the tscon command on remote host. If you want to make it simpler you can create a shortcut for the tscon command on remote host desktop.

Kari Can I not make this happen automatically?

TomMartow, Nov 23, 2021
  3. Kari Win User
    [Help] Remote Desktop Connection

Hi Tom, welcome to the Ten Forums.

The easiest solution to do would be to use the tscon command on the remote host, your HTPC, as told at the end of Part Three in the Ten Forums tutorial RDC - Connect Remotely to your Windows 10 PC - Windows 10 Forums

Connect to disconnected RDP remote connection using tscon [​IMG]
    Tip To unlock the remote host automatically when you finish the remote session, give this command in an elevated command prompt on the remote host:

Code:
    Code:
    tscon 1 /dest:console
    This will end the remote session and unlock the remote host, restoring the current local user's desktop.
    Instead of disconnecting the remote connection as usual, run the tscon command on remote host. If you want to make it simpler you can create a shortcut for the tscon command on remote host desktop.

4. Connect to disconnected RDP remote connection using tscon

RDP not allowing remote connection

I had it working perfectly fine the other day but I logged into my server, removed a open port and both computer quit.

I run the computers with the firewall off, I see no point in them being on, it's a windows firewall a hacker will know how to get around so fire wall is OFF.

Ports are 9000 for server and 3390 for htpc

ip:9000
    ip:3390

This does not work from a linux workstation using 'Remote Desktop Client'

It does not work from mac RDP
    It does not work from windows RDP
    And it does not work from my iphone.

I know it's enabled as I can RDP into the computers at my home (except htpc at the moment, I think that one needs restarted)

Ports are open, both tcp / udp ports are open using the internal server IP wich is MAC assigned by the router. Server - 10.0.1.2 - 9000
    And same thing for the htpc - 10.0.1.8 - 3390

Besides the obvious of firewall, ports, and 'remote connection enabled' any ideas?

freaksavior, Nov 23, 2021
Thema:

Connect to disconnected RDP remote connection using tscon

1. Connect to disconnected RDP remote connection using tscon - Similar Threads - Connect disconnected RDP

2. Remote Desktop Connection RDP is not fully disconnecting/closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop Connection RDP is not fully disconnecting/closing: Remote Desktop Connection RDP is not fully disconnecting/closing, it just goes to a full black screen and then I have to use Task Manager to 'End Task' to get to close out....
  3. Remote Desktop Connection RDP is not fully disconnecting/closing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop Connection RDP is not fully disconnecting/closing: Remote Desktop Connection RDP is not fully disconnecting/closing, it just goes to a full black screen and then I have to use Task Manager to 'End Task' to get to close out....
  4. Remote Desktop Connection RDP is not fully disconnecting/closing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Connect to disconnected RDP remote connection using tscon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect to disconnected RDP remote connection using tscon: I connect to RDP user session on the VM from command line tscon. The problem is I am not able to connect to the session if it is not active. Is there a way to connect to the rdp session using tscon even if user session is disconnected? Or Can I make disconnected session...
  6. RDP Remote Desktop cannot connect on Win10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP Remote Desktop cannot connect on Win10: I'm a computer programmer and I can't debug this stupid thing! Both my Win10 and Win7 local PCs can ping and see each other network drives. But none can RDP to another! Giving the notorious '3 dumb reasons' excuse none of which applies, of course. Now, I don't want 'try...
  7. RDP: Remote Connection Protical

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RDP: Remote Connection Protical: I went and opend up Microsoft Edge to enter my IP address in the box that I type a URL in and the I hited enter and this what the page said: Hmmm… can't reach this page 192.168.1.123 refused to connect. Search the web for 192 168 1 123 ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED Why? Did I...
  8. RDP connection disconnects when you enable Sound on Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 News
    RDP connection disconnects when you enable Sound on Remote Desktop: [ATTACH]Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) is a proprietary protocol developed by Microsoft which provides a user with a graphical interface to connect to another computer over a network connection. The user employs […] This article RDP connection disconnects when you enable...
  9. RDP connection disconnects

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RDP connection disconnects: Hi, I use RDP to connect to a windows terminal server and for 5 years never had any issues until now. As of a few days my session cuts off and the window closes after a few minutes of having a successful connection. I restart the connection again and it just happens...
  10. RDP connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RDP connection: my RDP seems to be having isssues, resulting in me disconnecting because the computer "lags" or screen doesn't update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/rdp-connection/493d9013-ca9b-440f-8c2d-b243a1b10e0d