Windows 10: Connect to internet using only ipv4 connectivity

Discus and support Connect to internet using only ipv4 connectivity in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently got a new router. According to their customer service, it is not IPV6 Enabled. On my network adapters status shows IPV4 is connected but IPV6... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by georgeseary, May 16, 2022.

1. Connect to internet using only ipv4 connectivity

Recently got a new router. According to their customer service, it is not IPV6 Enabled. On my network adapters status shows IPV4 is connected but IPV6 has no network access. I can not access the internet. I’ve tried 3 different types of network adapters including Ethernet. None of these get me access to the internet. Network adapter drivers are up to date, and my network card is within reach. Would be upmostly grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction in terms of either connecting to the internet through ipv4 only, or helping enabling ipv6 connectivity if possible. Thanks.

:)

georgeseary, May 16, 2022

2. Connectivity (IPv4/IPv6): Disconnected

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Ideally this Connectivity (IPv4/IPv6): Disconnected, means that the devices in not in use or not connected and it could be any device for example, Ethernet, WIFI, Bluetooth or Local Area Connection.

If you are using WI-FI for internet connection then Ethernet will show Connectivity (IPv4/IPv6): Disconnected.

In order to understand the issue and assist you accordingly, we need some information

• What is your network setup?
    • Are you seeing any errors?
    • Where you are seeing this information?

Meanwhile, try the troubleshooting steps referred in this article:

Fix network connection issues in Windows
    and check if it works.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 16, 2022
  3. Shandy Win User
    IPv4 Connectivity: No network connection-- any lasting solutions?

I have Windows 10 laptop hooked up to an ethernet connection which has been working well for the past 6 months. On 2/18/16 it stopped working. I traced the problem to the Qualcomm Atheros network Controller/ Killer E2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller: Internet status > IPv4 Connectivity: No network connection
    IPv6 Connectivity: No network connection
    Clicked: diagnose --> System checked & reset, with IPv4 Connectivity and internet access restored.

This resolved the problem until 3/4, following a Windows 10 update. The above solution no longer works. Clicking 'Disable this net work device' and then enabling it again restores IPv4 Connectivity and internet access for a limited time but loading a new site or page is slower than it was prior to the emergence of this problem on 2/18, and then the connection is again lost after maybe 10 to 20 minutes. This solution is better than nothing but not satisfactory. I would much appreciate any suggestions for a more lasting solution -- suitably detailed for a non sophisticated user.

Shandy, May 16, 2022
  4. Connect to internet using only ipv4 connectivity

IPv4 and IPv6 Connectivity?

Hi,

I did a clean install of my Win10 Home about a week ago and it all turned out for the good. However, tonight while nosing around my Network Connections I notice I am connected to the Internet by Ethernet (Realtek PCle GBF Family Controller) which I thought I was since I had a cable from my Windstream Router to my PC.

When I would click on 'Status of this Connection' (Ethernet) I saw that under Connection there was listed:

IPv4 Connectivity: Internet
    IPv6 Connectivity: No Network Access

I always thought that both of them should say 'Internet'. Am I right or wrong?

Also, while looking at the Network Connections I see 'WiFi' (Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 802.11b/g/n Wifi adapter) is also listed. It says 'not connected'. It shows a 'Red' X on it along with five green 'Bars'.

Should the WiFi connection be displayed that way?

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever, May 16, 2022
Thema:

Connect to internet using only ipv4 connectivity

1. Connect to internet using only ipv4 connectivity - Similar Threads - Connect internet using

2. I have internet connection but my Connectivity IPv4/IPv6 says Disconnected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have internet connection but my Connectivity IPv4/IPv6 says Disconnected: Not sure what to do here... I am connected via ethernet, I have full internet access, I have a USB plug in that allows Bluetooth to a speaker, no issues there. I am on the same network as my cannon printer and I cannot get them to connect. Other computers also connected via...
  3. I have internet connection but my Connectivity IPv4/IPv6 says Disconnected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have internet connection but my Connectivity IPv4/IPv6 says Disconnected: Not sure what to do here... I am connected via ethernet, I have full internet access, I have a USB plug in that allows Bluetooth to a speaker, no issues there. I am on the same network as my cannon printer and I cannot get them to connect. Other computers also connected via...
  4. Connect to internet using only ipv4 connectivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect to internet using only ipv4 connectivity: Recently got a new router. According to their customer service, it is not IPV6 Enabled. On my network adapters status shows IPV4 is connected but IPV6 has no network access. I can not access the internet. I’ve tried 3 different types of network adapters including Ethernet....
  5. Connect to internet using only ipv4 connectivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connect to internet using only ipv4 connectivity: Recently got a new router. According to their customer service, it is not IPV6 Enabled. On my network adapters status shows IPV4 is connected but IPV6 has no network access. I can not access the internet. I’ve tried 3 different types of network adapters including Ethernet....
  6. Internet Connection Sharing affects IPv4 Loopback Stability

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Connection Sharing affects IPv4 Loopback Stability: I use Internet Connection Sharing in Windows to provide my VirtualBox-VMs with internet, via VirtualBox Host-Adapter I need to do it this way for certain reasons.The problem is that - once I enable ICS, "ping 127.0.0.1 -t" on host machine times out.It intermittently comes...
  7. IPV4 connectivity : No internet access

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    IPV4 connectivity : No internet access: IPV4 connectivity : No internet access Since ipv4 is not working, i can only browse google/youtube/facebook/blogspot etc which run on ipv6, other website like reddit/steam etc just doesn't work. First of all, this connection is established via ethernet cable, and i almost...
  8. IPV4 Settings - No Internet Connection

IPV4 Settings - No Internet Connection: Hi everyone, I am having a very specific issue that no one seems to be able to resolve, including my ISP. I have a BT Net line that comes with a Sisco 1900 series router (this doesn't come with DHCP). I run one PC directly via Ethernet cable and have set the IP Address...
  9. Limited internet, Windows 10, IPv4 Connectivity No internet access.

Limited internet, Windows 10, IPv4 Connectivity No internet access.: Just moved to a new location, the WiFi is provided by the entire apartment complex, but you have to register and create a sign in and password with it. My WiFi on my laptop will come on for 15 to 20 minutes when it is turned on, but it turns to limited after that time until...
  10. IPv4 and IPv6 Connectivity?

IPv4 and IPv6 Connectivity?: Hi, I did a clean install of my Win10 Home about a week ago and it all turned out for the good. However, tonight while nosing around my Network Connections I notice I am connected to the Internet by Ethernet (Realtek PCle GBF Family Controller) which I thought I was since...