Windows 10: Connect to NAS via Explorer does not work

Discus and support Connect to NAS via Explorer does not work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear community, I'm trying to connect via explorer in Windows 10 to my WD NAS. It does not work with explorer although I'm setting the appropriate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Lars Olböter, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Connect to NAS via Explorer does not work

Dear community,

I'm trying to connect via explorer in Windows 10 to my WD NAS. It does not work with explorer although I'm setting the appropriate credentials (Username of NAS etc.).

With the good old "Net use Z. \\....") it works perfect.

So where do I have to look to make it work also in Windows 10 explorer (With Windows 7 it works of course also seamless). Any ideas?

Regards,

Lars.

:)

Lars Olböter, Jan 6, 2019
  2. MattPnyc Win User

Cannot Connect to NAS Windows 10 Home

To answer your questions:

• Trying to connect wirelessly. The NAS is connected to my wireless router. When using XP I have been able to access it wirelessly, and both MACs can access it. Also, a Windows 10 Pro machine can see and access the device wirelessly.
    • I've never connected to this NAS wirelessly with Windows 10. I HAD been able to access a Lenovo NAS, however in about Jan. of last year, I no longer could access it. There was reason to think the Lenovo NAS might not be compatible with 10, so I bought the
      Synology. The Lenovo continues to be accessible to MACs.
    • The only way to access, even see the NAS in Explorer is by connecting to the device's web page. If I enter the device's name in the Explorer address bar I get the message: Windows cannot access \\Synology10C. If I click the "diagnose' button on the message,
      Windows tells me that troubleshooter cannot identify the problem.
    • I'm trying to access the device through Explorer as I had when using XP and which I can when using my MACs. The proprietary app recognizes the presence of the NAS, but cannot map it.
    All appropriate sharing options are turned on. I turned the firewall off and the device is still not visible in Explorer. Finally, I click on "My PC" I can see the NAS under Network Locations, however, when I click to open it there are no files present (I
    loaded files through my MAC as a test) and I cannot copy any files to the device.

MattPnyc, Jan 6, 2019
  3. Gino Des Win User
    Windows 10 & NAS Box

Hi Peter,

A few possible reasons can cause this issue. To help us identify the cause of this problem, we would like to know the following information:

• How is your NAS box connected to your computer? (Ethernet, Wi-Fi, or USB)
    • Are you using a program provided by the manufacturer of your NAS box to access it?
    • Do you receive any error messages when accessing your NAS box? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the solution provided by omiklik (Most Helpful Reply)
    in the following thread: Unable to see NAS drive on Network - Win 10 PC.

Keep us updated on the status of the issue, and we will be glad to assist you further.

Gino Des, Jan 6, 2019
  4. Connect to NAS via Explorer does not work

connection to my NAS

hello I am running win 111110 ver 1810 pro at home. since this automatic upgrade (NOT) I cannot connect to my 2 NAS via explorer network. I can map the drives but when i try to map the drive a windows security pops up asking for Credentials (user name
    and password) If i insert the username and password for my nas it will not accept the input as valid and return me to an empty form. The username and password are correct. I tries every suggestion form the internet and my tcp/ip if configured correctly. my
    services are configured correctly and I made the suggested changes to regedit. I have exhausted my capabilities and savoir faire what am i doing incorrectly or not doing ?

WilliamBravin, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

Connect to NAS via Explorer does not work

1. Connect to NAS via Explorer does not work - Similar Threads - Connect NAS via

2. Explore searching NAS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explore searching NAS: I have a NAS which I have 3 drives on E F G Explorer sees all drives. 'However when I do a file search on G Explorer immediately returns message that “No r - Files match your search” I am looking for files such as. *.jpg or just any name. All files I know are on the drive. It...
  3. Explore searching NAS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explore searching NAS: I have a NAS which I have 3 drives on E F G Explorer sees all drives. 'However when I do a file search on G Explorer immediately returns message that “No r - Files match your search” I am looking for files such as. *.jpg or just any name. All files I know are on the drive. It...
  4. NAS connection intermittent

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    NAS connection intermittent: Hello Everybody! I have a PC with Windows 10 installed on a network along with another 20 PCs. This one particular PC is losing the connection to our NAS every once in a while for no apparent reason and then it restores itself in a day or two have to reconnect the drives...
  5. cannot connect to NAS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    cannot connect to NAS: After Windows upgrade to version 1810 Pro, I cannot connect to my Network Attached Storage via Explorer network. The windows security pop-up asks me to enter credentials. But when I enter my password and username for my NAS, the system won’t accept it. I know that my...
  6. connection to my NAS

connection to my NAS: hello I am running win 111110 ver 1810 pro at home. since this automatic upgrade (NOT) I cannot connect to my 2 NAS via explorer network. I can map the drives but when i try to map the drive a windows security pops up asking for Credentials (user name and password) If i...
  7. Robocopy backup to NAS does not work : "Access is denied"

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Robocopy backup to NAS does not work : "Access is denied": I'm trying to backup a directory on my laptop to my NAS with a script : robocopy D:\Videos "Z:\Shared Videos" /MIR /XJ When I run the script, I get the error message "Access is denied." However, in the File Explorer I can drag-and-drop files to the NAS. Also with iPhone...
  8. nas connect problem

nas connect problem: using a medio nas with windows 7 and no problem now upgraded to windows 10 and can not connect to nas anymore using the explorer or command window to map the drive C:\Users\guy>net use y: \\192.168.1.2\MyLibrary System error 53 has occurred. The network path was not...
  9. Help. Windows 10 file explorer does not discover NAS

Help. Windows 10 file explorer does not discover NAS: As the title says I am unable to "see" my NAS in windows explorer. I was able to use explorer to view/add/delete files on my NAS a few weeks ago but now now cannot even see the NAS in the network section. Funny thing is that I am able to ping the server and even login to...
  10. Connect to SFTP or FTPS via File Explorer

Connect to SFTP or FTPS via File Explorer: Hi! I would like to connect to an SFTP server or FTPS. It MUST be via the built-in file explorer, but extra software to add that feature would be fine. FTP is insecure and it would be nice to be able to use FTPS or SFTP (yes, I know the difference). 48976