Windows 10: connect to remote drives after 1803 update fails

Discus and support connect to remote drives after 1803 update fails in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Been looking for a fix for this for a little while, haven't found anything so far, if I missed a post here in my quick searching forgive me :) I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kormath, May 22, 2018.

1. kormath Win User

connect to remote drives after 1803 update fails

Been looking for a fix for this for a little while, haven't found anything so far, if I missed a post here in my quick searching forgive me connect to remote drives after 1803 update fails :)

I updated to Win 10 1803 last week. Now whenever I try to access a remote server or computer drive Windows is too stupid to find it.

For example, if i try and access \\server1\f$\inetpub\wwwroot in explorer windows fails to find the server.

However i can ping it, I can RDP to the server and access those folders without issue. I just can't figure out what changed so i can't remote to the F drive anymore. I was doing this probably daily previous to the update.

Ideas?

:)

kormath, May 22, 2018
  2. D_Watson Win User

remote desktop sessions connecting but no desktop is displayed after 1803 update

My desktop, after upgrade to 1803 earlier this week, is no longer working correctly when accessed via RDP. All was working fine before 1803. Connections authenticate (or fail with bad password) but a desktop is never displayed. A blank, black, screen with
    a mouse cursor is displayed and/or the connection disconnects after ten seconds or so. The "establishing secure connection" phase seems to take a lot longer than I'm used to.

I have tried using the WUP and "classic" Remote Desktop desktop clients from my laptop, another Windows 1803 machine, as well as ChromeRDP from a Chromebook, and Microsoft Remote Desktop from a Mac. I have tried with the desktop on Ethernet or WiFi. (On
    Ethernet the connection drops out after ten seconds or so. With the desktop on WiFi, it just sat there, black screen, mouse cursor, nothing else, for minutes.) I've verified the firewall is set to pass Remote Desktop and have tried it with the desktop firewall
    disabled. I have confirmed that the desktop's Remote* services are manual or automatic and none are disabled. The desktop can RDP into the laptop just fine.

Any other thoughts how to isolate/troubleshoot/resolve this?

D_Watson, May 30, 2018
  3. Arul_D Win User
    How to remove "HP Connected Remote" as a sign in account ?

Hi Dave,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community.

• Is your computer connected to a domain network?
    HP Connected Remote is an app that comes preinstalled on select Windows HP computers. I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves this issue.

• On the Windows 10 Start screen, type hp connected remote.
    • Click HP Connected Remote from the Apps search results.
    • Click Settings, and make sure Enable HP Connected Remote is turned On.

Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, May 30, 2018
Thema:

connect to remote drives after 1803 update fails

1. connect to remote drives after 1803 update fails - Similar Threads - connect remote drives

2. Win10 Remote desktop failed to connect after installing windows updates.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10 Remote desktop failed to connect after installing windows updates.: I Reinstalled win10 20H2 today. And before reinstalling, i found that the remote desktop usually failed to connect after installing windows updates.And after reinstalling, the problem still lives....
  3. Remote Desktop Connection Works and then fails after sometime

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote Desktop Connection Works and then fails after sometime: Hi, I have a custom PC New with Core i7, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050ti graphics card on gigabyte board B460m motherboard. I have windows 10 pro on my custom PC and my laptop surface pro 4. Custom PC doesn't have a monitor but connects to a full HD tv if required....
  4. Fail update to version 1803

Fail update to version 1803: About 3 weeks ago my computer just started randomly freezing whereas the mouse still moved so I tried updating but it keeps freezing during the update or it just plainly fails. I was getting error 0x80073712. I have tried using the Windows Update Assistant, using the...
  5. Problem with remote desktop after updating to 1803.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problem with remote desktop after updating to 1803.: One of the PCs has the remote desktop enabled to connect from the other. The problem that arose is that now I cannot connect by typing the name of the computer, just by its IP. I have two Windows 10 Pro computers that I upgraded to the 1803 version. Help....
  6. 1803 Update failing repeatedly

1803 Update failing repeatedly: [ATTACH] This issue has cost me days in trying to resolve, but to no avail. My PC has repeatedly failed to upgrade to the latest version since 1703. To make matters worse KB4023814 is not to be found in the Update Catalogue. I've followed numerous suggested solutions online,...
  7. Updated (and Failed) 1803, not updated to 1809

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updated (and Failed) 1803, not updated to 1809: I don't understand this: The update to Version 1809 was released 09Oct2018. On my wife's computer, after the first attempt failed, a retry was offered; I took it, and later there was a "Restart" icon, so I clicked on it, after noticing something odd in the names of the...
  8. Failing PC after Windows 10 Update 1803

Failing PC after Windows 10 Update 1803: My PC is having some major issues since the latest Windows 10 update. At the moment there is no audio as the Windows Audio service refuses to start with a pop up message "Access is Denied". My broadband speed is seriously getting chocked and after speed test my download rate...
  9. Windows update fails after install of 1803

Windows update fails after install of 1803: As the subject line indicates, I have been unable get windows update to work since installing version 1803 of Windows 10. All update attempts return fails. I am able to manually download and install most updates, but not all. I have been on chat with 2 levels of tech support...
  10. Extra drive (partition) after update 1803

Extra drive (partition) after update 1803: So I updated to 1803 today, and afterwards I suddenly have an extra 'Local Disk D:'. When I click on it, there is nothing in there, but Windows keeps nagging me it is full and I need to clean it. But the cleaning app does not find anything either on the drive. I restarted...