Windows 10: Connect to SFTP or FTPS via File Explorer

Discus and support Connect to SFTP or FTPS via File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi! I would like to connect to an SFTP server or FTPS. It MUST be via the built-in file explorer, but extra software to add that feature would be fine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by evantig, May 1, 2016.

1. evantig Win User

Connect to SFTP or FTPS via File Explorer

Hi! I would like to connect to an SFTP server or FTPS. It MUST be via the built-in file explorer, but extra software to add that feature would be fine. FTP is insecure and it would be nice to be able to use FTPS or SFTP (yes, I know the difference).

:)

evantig, May 1, 2016

2. mobile hotspot server problem

I meant wing ftp server as the server and the file explorer as my client.

All i wanna say is why they can connect via ftp(or any ther protocol) when I connect to a wifi modem, but when i try to make a hotspot and connect my laptop to my mobile hotspot they fail to connect to each other?

raminkhonsari, May 1, 2016
  3. rimugu Win User
    Ftp Client for S60 v5 like 5800 and later...

I don't have answers on this. Sorry But I sure would like to have and ftp (and sftp even more) client to use in s60 v5

rimugu, May 1, 2016
  4. Connect to SFTP or FTPS via File Explorer

The two programs I use for this are filezilla and WinSCP. When I type the URL of ftps server into the file explorer bar, it pops up the WinSCP dialog to log in, then opens the connection in WinSCP.

abenavraham, May 3, 2016
Thema:

Connect to SFTP or FTPS via File Explorer

1. Connect to SFTP or FTPS via File Explorer - Similar Threads - Connect SFTP FTPS

2. SFTP server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SFTP server: Greetings and respect. I want to connect to the sftp server using Windows Explorer. I did this after installing winfs and sshfs. But I want to know if you know another way. Thank you......
  3. Unable to open files in File Explorer on camera connected via USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open files in File Explorer on camera connected via USB: When I had Windows 8.1, all I had to do to look at a picture to verify if it was good enough for downloading from my USB connected camera point & shoot was to open it in File Explorer by double clicking it, and it would open whatever Microsoft photos app that was a default on...
  4. Unable to open files in File Explorer on camera connected via USB

Unable to open files in File Explorer on camera connected via USB: When I had Windows 8.1, all I had to do to look at a picture to verify if it was good enough for downloading from my USB connected camera point & shoot was to open it in File Explorer by double clicking it, and it would open whatever Microsoft photos app that was a default on...
  5. Connecting to my second pc via file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connecting to my second pc via file explorer: Hello, I recently bought parts for a second pc and set it up as a NAS. I just shared a folder over my network and when I try to login to the NAS, I get this screen. image below What credentials do I use to login?...
  6. Connecting to my second pc via file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting to my second pc via file explorer: Hello, I recently bought parts for a second pc and set it up as a NAS. I just shared a folder over my network and when I try to login to the NAS, I get this screen. image below What credentials do I use to login?...
  7. Connecting to my second pc via file explorer

8. sftp client

sftp client: Hello --- it seems that the ftp client is part of windows, but I can't find a sftp clent, but it seems that sftp is a "command" in powershell, so is sftp in powershell a cmdlet?...
  9. SFTP protocol support in Explorer

SFTP protocol support in Explorer: Hello, Are there any plans to add SFTP support to Explorer in Windows 10? There is already a command-line sftp tool available, but third-party apps like WinSCP or sshfs-win are still required to be able to access SFTP servers via GUI. Thanks!...
  10. native SFTP support from file explorer

native SFTP support from file explorer: Hello, Is there native SFTP support in Windows 10 file explorer without using a third party app? Would be very handy to be able to go to the file explorer and type sftp://192.168.0.17 etc and be able view files etc without WINSCP or similar. If its not there can't seen to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows explorer ftps swish

2. sftp from file explorer windows 10

3. connect to sftp using file explorer