Windows 10: Connect to Windows 7 Laptop using Remote Desktop Connection From Windows 10

Discus and support Connect to Windows 7 Laptop using Remote Desktop Connection From Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Surface pro 4 which runs a Windows 10 Pro OS. I am trying to connect to a laptop which runs a Windows 7 Home Premium remotely from my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SumanVajjala, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Connect to Windows 7 Laptop using Remote Desktop Connection From Windows 10

Hi,

I have a Surface pro 4 which runs a Windows 10 Pro OS. I am trying to connect to a laptop which runs a Windows 7 Home Premium remotely from my Surface pro 4 without any success.

Interestingly, I can connect my Surface pro 4 from Windows 7 machine.

Please help!

Regards

Suman

:)

SumanVajjala, Mar 26, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Remote Desktop Connection problems

Have you tried Remote Desktop Connection, to connect from your Windows 10 laptop to your Windows 7 desktop? Try it first, post back and tell how it went.

Some additional help because you mentioned you are a remote newbie *Wink. The windows 7 related tutorials from our sister site the Seven Forums:

1. On Windows 7 desktop, set network location to either Home or Work (I recommend Work):
    2. On Windows 7 desktop, allow incoming remote connections:
    3. On Windows 7 desktop, find out its IP address:
    4. On Windows 10 laptop, start the Remote Desktop application and connect to the Windows 7 desktop using the IP address from step 3 above (see Part Three in the tutorial):
    Try the above, post back how it went.

3. Windows 7 and Remote Desktop Connection

It is a Windows server that they are connecting too. Also forgot to mention in my previous post that it isnt for personal use its for business use. So they'd have to pay for the licensing.

As for the RDP being limited to two users, its never been a problem with them in the past. In fact, there are 3 total IP's that they can remote into and use. As for how many connections are limited per IP, I am unsure. We dont have control over that since it is not our server. I assume since there are 3 IP options to choose from so the users can do their work, each IP is stuck with 2 users per IP.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Mar 26, 2020
  4. Connect to Windows 7 Laptop using Remote Desktop Connection From Windows 10

remote desktop connection help

hey i am trying to conect to a friends computer to help her with some stuff, but i cant get the windows remote desktop connection thing to work. and we tried the remote assistance thing with windows messenger also. she accepts the connection and there is supposed to ba a window that pops up and says yes i want to allow this connection but nothing happend. i have tried to do it with my room mates computer aswell and for some reason i cant get it. any ideas??? *Bang Head :banghead:

acousticlemur, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

Connect to Windows 7 Laptop using Remote Desktop Connection From Windows 10

1. Connect to Windows 7 Laptop using Remote Desktop Connection From Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Connect Laptop using

2. Unable to connect using Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect using Remote Desktop: We have one user in the office whose computer cannot be connected to via Remote Desktop Connection. All other users' workstations can be connected to without problem. RDC worked fine for this user until about 2 weeks ago, then he simply couldn't connect. Attempts to do so...
  3. Unable to connect using Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect using Remote Desktop: We have one user in the office whose computer cannot be connected to via Remote Desktop Connection. All other users' workstations can be connected to without problem. RDC worked fine for this user until about 2 weeks ago, then he simply couldn't connect. Attempts to do so...
  4. Unable to connect using Remote Desktop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. CAN connect to Remote Desktop from phone, CAN'T connect from laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CAN connect to Remote Desktop from phone, CAN'T connect from laptop: [ATTACH] Just built a new rig with Windows 10 Education! So I got my computer set up as a host for Windows Remote Desktop, and my Android phone connects perfectly as a client. However, I can't connect on my Windows 10 Home laptop. I always get the Pop-up "Remote Desktop...
  6. Use Remote Desktop Connection to connect to another windows 10 computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Use Remote Desktop Connection to connect to another windows 10 computer: Without using a third party remote connection, can I use the build in windows remote desktop connection to connect from my laptop that uses windows 10 HOME to my desktop computer that uses windows 10 PRO?--Do both computers need to have windows 10 PRO in order for the...
  7. Connect with Remote Desktop Connection

Connect with Remote Desktop Connection: "CredSSP encryption oracle remediation" error when you try to RDP to a Windows VM in Azure https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4295591/credssp-encryption-oracle-remediation-error-when-to-rdp-to-azure-vm An authentication error has occurred. The function requested is...
  8. Remote connect to Windows 7 with Windows 10

Remote connect to Windows 7 with Windows 10: Hello, I have 5 PC running windows 10 Pro and one PC running windows 7 Pro. I can remotely connect to all the Windows 10 PCs With my Windows 7 PC but all the Windows 10 PCs can't remote to my Windows 7 PC. Actually, I only can get to the Log On Screen and put my password in....
  9. Windows 10 Remote Desktop Connections

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Remote Desktop Connections: I'm wondering if you can use an IP address to connect to a remote desktop regardless if both systems are on the same LAN or not? Using the full pc DNS name is working but acting differently when using an IP address. I thought you could......
  10. Remote Desktop connection using VPN connection

Remote Desktop connection using VPN connection: Hello there, Can anyone help me with the below issue please, For some reason, i couldn't connect to my work remote desktop computer. However, i can connect this from my laptop. Recently got a new Desktop so, wanted to connect to my work virtual computer from my desktop....