Windows 10: Connect USB Scanner and USB Printer via WiFi for home PC's

Discus and support Connect USB Scanner and USB Printer via WiFi for home PC's in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello All ! I am seeking for your advice in order to setup a configuration at home so that I could provide the ability to print on my old Samsung... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by AlterMind, Dec 11, 2020.

1. AlterMind Win User

Connect USB Scanner and USB Printer via WiFi for home PC's

Hello All !

I am seeking for your advice in order to setup a configuration at home so that I could provide the ability to
    • print on my old Samsung CLP-300 USB printer (no Wifi feature), and
    • scan from my old Canon Lide 60 USB scanner (no wifi)
    from the several Win10 computers I have at home -- those are not easily physically connected to those devices but are on Wifi.

I was thinking on some Rasberry Pi device to connect both printer and scanner to, and make them available via its Wifi to the PC's I have at home. Is that a crazy idea or has it a reasonable chance to work ? The aspect that scares me off quite a bit is the setup of these peripherals on the RasPi especially as some tailored Linux (Raspbian ?) is recommended and I seriously doubt to be able to find the adequate Linux drivers for my rather old peripherals... And I didn't buy the RasPi yet !

I could also use an old Win7 laptop as shared device I guess, but that would require managing that PC, power on/off, etc.

Thanks for your advice !

:)

AlterMind, Dec 11, 2020
  2. Mussels Win User

Looking for a new Printer

i cant help since my printer knowledge is limited, but listing the features you need would help a lot.

USB? wifi? LAN?

Colour/Black only?

does all in one include scanner/copier?

Mussels, Dec 11, 2020
  3. Same printer connected via USB or WiFi recognized as two different printers

I connect my Canon Pixma TS5050 multi-functional printer to my Windows 10 laptop, sometimes by USB cable and sometimes by WiFi. Windows recognizes these two instances of the same printer as two different printers, which it has labeled Canon TS5000 Series (when connected via USB) and Canon TS5000 Series (Copy 1) (when connected via WiFi).

When I want to print, I have to select the "correct" printer in the printing dialog, which is a minor annoyance. However, Canon's own scanning program "IJ Scan Utility" seems to be permanently linked to the USB version of the printer, with no option to switch between the two.

Is there a way to make Windows 10 understand that the printer is the same device, whether connected via USB or WiFi?

(Or alternatively, does anyone know how to switch scanners in the IJ Scan Utility?)

user737608, Dec 11, 2020
  4. R MMM Win User

After installing Canon WiFi printer, HP usb printer can be found as a usb Other Device, but not as a usb Printer device

All the Windows 10 USB drivers are up to date.

The HP usb printer was working before the Canon WiFi printer was installed on the Windows 10 computer. The Canon WiFi printer connects via the gateway and doesn't connect directly to the Windows 10 computer.

The HP usb printer works fine when attached to a Windows 7 PC.

All of HP troubleshooting options eventually suggest that it's a Microsoft problem, the driver for the HP LaserJet 1018 is a Microsoft driver and can't be downloaded and installed from any HP source.

Is there a solution?

R MMM, Dec 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Connect USB Scanner and USB Printer via WiFi for home PC's - Similar Threads - Connect USB Scanner

2. PC is connected via ETH Printer as Wifi - unable to connect to printer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC is connected via ETH Printer as Wifi - unable to connect to printer: I have a PC connected via Ethernet 192.168.1.50 to a switch. The switch is connected via cable to another router 192.168.1.1to LAN port - this is the internet Gateway. Printer is connected via Wifistatic IP 192.168.1.51. All devices is gateway-ed to 192.168.1.1. PC and...
  3. PC is connected via ETH Printer as Wifi - unable to connect to printer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC is connected via ETH Printer as Wifi - unable to connect to printer: I have a PC connected via Ethernet 192.168.1.50 to a switch. The switch is connected via cable to another router 192.168.1.1to LAN port - this is the internet Gateway. Printer is connected via Wifistatic IP 192.168.1.51. All devices is gateway-ed to 192.168.1.1. PC and...
  4. Phone connected via USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Phone connected via USB: Installed Windows 11, not a great change.As many have reported, where is the on and sleep button, FOUND IT and many other features I have found.But surly for every change, Windows could have told us.The system shows my mobile is paired, but I can no longer see if it is...
  5. Lost WiFi and 'net connection via USB

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost WiFi and 'net connection via USB: For the longest time we've been hooked to the internet via a USB cable to the router AT&T because the ethernet kept cutting out, sometimes 20 times a day. The USB connection was faultless and showed it was connected by the WiFi icon. Now after one of the recent updates we've...
  6. Xbox Controller not connecting to PC via USB.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Controller not connecting to PC via USB.: Hello,I have read that a recent win10 update included the Xbox One controller drivers, and all you need to do is plug it in. However, when I plug a controller in and press the home button it only flashes until it times out and does not get recognized. When plugging the...
  7. Xbox controller not connecting to pc via usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox controller not connecting to pc via usb: Hello,I have read that a recent win10 update included the Xbox One controller drivers, and all you need to do is plug it in. However, when I plug a controller in and press the home button it only flashes until it times out and does not get recognized. When plugging the...
  8. Connect USB Scanner and USB Printer via WiFi for home PC's

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connect USB Scanner and USB Printer via WiFi for home PC's: Hello All ! I am seeking for your advice in order to setup a configuration at home so that I could provide the ability to print on my old Samsung CLP-300 USB printer (no Wifi feature), and scan from my old Canon Lide 60 USB scanner (no wifi) from the several Win10...
  9. Connect EPSON printer with USB to PC?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connect EPSON printer with USB to PC?: IMPORTANT: I have an EPSON printer that I want to connect to my PC with a USB-A-USB-C cable (USB A to the printer, USB-C end to the PC) So far so good. But now I want my PC to recognize the printer. When "Adding a local printer" I can't find anything to the USB-C port of...
  10. USB connected printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB connected printer: My USB connected Brother printer has recently stopped printing. Brother thinks that a recent Windows patch has caused this issue with ALL USB connected printers. Is there a fix for this issue please....