Windows 10: Connect using Access Point not shown on Windows 10 Device and Printer for bluetooth...

Discus and support Connect using Access Point not shown on Windows 10 Device and Printer for bluetooth... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am not able to get phone tethering through Bluetooth to work on my Lenovo W541 laptop. In Device and Printers window, select the Bluetooth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by F.Wu, Jul 18, 2019.

1. F.Wu Win User

Connect using Access Point not shown on Windows 10 Device and Printer for bluetooth...

I am not able to get phone tethering through Bluetooth to work on my Lenovo W541 laptop.

In Device and Printers window, select the Bluetooth connected phone and then click "Connect using...", it shows "Direct connection", there is no "Access Point" available. The Bluetooth sharing option on the phone is enabled. My system is Windows 10 1903, however, it did not work on earlier version of Windows 10 as well.

I tried on Windows 7 system, it has option to connect as access point and I am able to access internet via my phone through Bluetooth.

Any thought?

Connect using Access Point not shown on Windows 10 Device and Printer for bluetooth... adb8e7c7-9d99-4aae-9947-3ed78cad6ab3?upload=true.png

:)

2. windows 10 VERY slow when trying to open Devices & Printers?

Windows still has a MS-version of Bluetooth stack, and running BT services by default.
    Didn't pay attention to the fact that you don't have a Bluetooth adapter.
    Scratch my previous suggestion, and disable everything bluetooth-related in services. If that does not help - check network and sharing settings.
    Devices and Printers manager also looks for network-attached multimedia devices (e.g. PCs with streaming service enabled) and network printers. If you by any chance changed network/homegroup settings on your additional PCs, then it could've affected the discovery speed on your computer. Still not sure how to fix it.

silentbogo, Jul 18, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Bluetooth device is shown as not present.

Hello Dominika,

Thank you for getting back to us. Since the issue still persists after following the steps on the article above, we'd like to know more. Kindly answer the following questions:

• Did you checked whether the Bluetooth device is listed under hidden devices in Device manager?
    • What is the make and model of your Bluetooth device?
    • Can you tell us the specific bluetooth devices that you're using on your Windows 10?
    • Have you checked whether the Bluetooth driver is listed under installed programs under Programs and features?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you check if the Bluetooth services is enabled by following the steps below:

• Press Windows + R keys on the keyboard, type services.msc and press OK.
    • Right click on Bluetooth Support service and select
      Restart.

• Right click on Bluetooth support service and select Properties
      and check if the startup type is Automatic.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Xylee Del, Jul 18, 2019
  4. Connect using Access Point not shown on Windows 10 Device and Printer for bluetooth...

Unable to access Bluetooth and Wi-Fi as there are no drivers in Device Manager on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern that you are unable to access Wi-Fi and Bluetooth as there are no drivers under Device Manager after upgrading to Windows 10.

• Do let us know the make and model of your device?

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated drivers after upgrading to Windows 10.

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

Steps:

• Press Windows
      key from the keyboard, type Troubleshooting and select it.

• Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.

• Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.

• Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to install the latest drivers and updates for your device after upgrading to Windows 10.

This will help you to find the drivers for Bluetooth and Wi-Fi and may help in installing the drivers.

Steps:

1. Connect to the internet (Wired internet connection).

2. Press
    Windows key and type updates.

3. Click on
    Check for updates.

4. Under
    Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.

5. Try to install the updates being shown.

Refer: Connect to Bluetooth devices

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance on this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

Connect using Access Point not shown on Windows 10 Device and Printer for bluetooth...

1. Connect using Access Point not shown on Windows 10 Device and Printer for bluetooth... - Similar Threads - Connect using Access

2. network bluetooth device , automatic connect using access point

in Windows 10 Gaming
    network bluetooth device , automatic connect using access point: I need a command sequence to reproduce when I click on mouse to "connect using access point" in "devices and printers" window, right click on my "bluetooth ethernet device icon" . I need call this command sequence from a VisualBasic program application.When I do this...
  3. network bluetooth device , automatic connect using access point

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    network bluetooth device , automatic connect using access point: I need a command sequence to reproduce when I click on mouse to "connect using access point" in "devices and printers" window, right click on my "bluetooth ethernet device icon" . I need call this command sequence from a VisualBasic program application.When I do this...
  4. Connected/paired bluetooth device on computer is not shown in window app.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connected/paired bluetooth device on computer is not shown in window app.: I had downloaded these apps called "Bluetooth audio receiver" and "Bluzic". It basically makes your computer as a speaker when you play any audio on your phone.This app works fine but after my laptop is formatted, these apps will not find the connected device/phone on my...
  5. Connected/paired bluetooth device on computer is not shown in window app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connected/paired bluetooth device on computer is not shown in window app.: I had downloaded these apps called "Bluetooth audio receiver" and "Bluzic". It basically makes your computer as a speaker when you play any audio on your phone.This app works fine but after my laptop is formatted, these apps will not find the connected device/phone on my...
  6. Connected/paired bluetooth device on computer is not shown in window app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Lock down Windows 10 devices WiFi connection choice to only use one Access Point, access...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lock down Windows 10 devices WiFi connection choice to only use one Access Point, access...: Hello is there currently a option to disable choice of WiFi APs to lock down the system to only work with one access point or a list of system admin approved access points? Just like mac address lock downs for routers however in reverse pointing toward the wireless router....
  8. bluetooth device connected but not shown in bluetooth and other devices

bluetooth device connected but not shown in bluetooth and other devices: My bluetooth headphones is connected but i cannot find it in the bluetooth and other devices, this applies to other bluetooth devices too and if i want to connect the bluetooth device, i need to uninstall my headphones driver then scan for hardware changes to connect. Can...
  9. Bluetooth tethering only allows me to connect using direct connection and not access point

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth tethering only allows me to connect using direct connection and not access point: [ATTACH] Hello, I was trying to have my laptop connect to the internet by sharing my phone's Wi-Fi connection since my laptop can't detect the Wi-Fi because it is out of range. I was able to successfully use bluetooth tethering to connect to the internet for the first try....
  10. Bluetooth not shown in device manager

Bluetooth not shown in device manager: I mistakenly removed the bluetooth from the device manager menu. I tried the services.msc and started all of the bluetooth things on the menu. It still did not bring the bluetooth back to the device manager. I need help....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. connect using access point not available

2. connect using acces point option not available

3. connect using access point bluetooth

4. win10 project through access point,
  5. bluetooth access point vs direct connection,
  6. how to reset a bluetooth connection from direct to access point,
  7. bluetooth direct connection vs access point,
  8. Bluetooth connect using access point not available,
  9. access point not shown in bluetooth connection in windows 10,
  10. windows 10 no connect using Access point,
  11. windows 10 bluetooth access point,