Windows 10: connect when in range button

Discus and support connect when in range button in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The "connect when in range button" for my preferred network keeps toggling off. Don't know why but I am continuously having to toggle back on, only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Vic G, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Vic G Win User

connect when in range button

The "connect when in range button" for my preferred network keeps toggling off. Don't know why but I am continuously having to toggle back on, only having off the next time I boot up.

:)

Vic G, Sep 26, 2022

2. Connect automatically when in range

Hi,

There are several ways to switch off the Connect automatically when in range
    option, such as through the Control Panel,
    Command Prompt
    or through Settings. For us to isolate the issue, we would like to ask the following questions:

• When was the last time that this option worked properly?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What Windows version and build number do you have?
    • How did you set the Connect automatically when in range option to off? Is it through Control Panel, Command Prompt or Settings?
    • Can you provide the
      screenshot
      that you have taken?

In the meantime, you can check this methods on how to switch off the Connect automatically when in range option:

Method 1: Through Settings.

• Open Settings.
    • Click on Network & Internet.
    • Click on Wi-Fi on the left pane.
    • On the right pane, click on the network name.
    • Toggle the Connect automatically when in range option to off.

Method 2: Through Control Panel.

• Press Windows key +
      Rto open Run
    • Type ncpa.cpl, and then click on OK to open
      Network Connections window.
    • Click on the wireless network.
    • Click on the Wireless Properties button.
    • Uncheck the Connect automatically when this network is in range option.
    • Click on OK button.

Method 3: Through Command Prompt.

• Click on Start.
    • Type Command Prompt.
    • Right-click on the Command Prompt from the search results.
    • Select Run as Administrator.
    • Enter this command: netsh wlan show profiles
    • Press Enter, and make note of the wireless profile name that you want to disable the automatic connection.
    • Enter this command: netsh wlan show profile "name"
    • Press Enter, and see if the Connection
      mode of this wireless network is currently set to Connect
      automatically or Connect
      manually.
    • Enter this command: netsh wlan set profileparameter name="name" connectionmode=manual.
    • Close the Command Prompt window.

We look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Sep 26, 2022
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue connect when in range button :p

cadaveca, Sep 26, 2022
  4. connect when in range button

network connectivity

I highly suggest that you try these steps instead:

• Press theWindows
      key + X button on your keyboard.

• Go to
      Control Panel.

• Select
      Network and Sharing Center.

• Click on
      Internet options.

• Choose
      Connections
      tab.

• Click on
      LAN Settings.

• Uncheck
      Use a Proxy server for your LAN.

• Click
      Apply, then
      OK.

CourageDog, Sep 26, 2022
Thema:

connect when in range button

1. connect when in range button - Similar Threads - connect range button

2. WiFi often disconnecting and unchecking "connect automatically when in range"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi often disconnecting and unchecking "connect automatically when in range"?: I have moved to a new rental property with a new WiFi network and have only experienced this issue here.When I start my PC, it does not automatically connect to the WiFi. I always check the "connect automatically" option, but it is always unchecked on reboot. The other issue...
  3. WiFi often disconnecting and unchecking "connect automatically when in range"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi often disconnecting and unchecking "connect automatically when in range"?: I have moved to a new rental property with a new WiFi network and have only experienced this issue here.When I start my PC, it does not automatically connect to the WiFi. I always check the "connect automatically" option, but it is always unchecked on reboot. The other issue...
  4. how to keep turning on the "connect automatically when in range" button?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to keep turning on the "connect automatically when in range" button?: english is not my first language, sorry for the mess. I have a problem where I cannot auto connect to my wifi. it actually happened after I update to windows 11 from windows 10. Already checked the connect automatically when in range button, close the tab, the checked keep...
  5. how to keep turning on the "connect automatically when in range" button?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to keep turning on the "connect automatically when in range" button?: english is not my first language, sorry for the mess. I have a problem where I cannot auto connect to my wifi. it actually happened after I update to windows 11 from windows 10. Already checked the connect automatically when in range button, close the tab, the checked keep...
  6. connect when in range button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    connect when in range button: The "connect when in range button" for my preferred network keeps toggling off. Don't know why but I am continuously having to toggle back on, only having off the next time I boot up....
  7. connect when in range button

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    connect when in range button: The "connect when in range button" for my preferred network keeps toggling off. Don't know why but I am continuously having to toggle back on, only having off the next time I boot up....
  8. "Connect automatically when in range" turns itself ON repeatedly

"Connect automatically when in range" turns itself ON repeatedly: I rarely need to be online Windows updates being the frequent exception. My main computer is used extensively for photo-editing. I prefer Windows 10 NOT to "Connect automatically when in range". But the "OFF "setting repeatedly turns itself on. This has happened scores of...
  9. RANGE EXTENDER CONNECT

RANGE EXTENDER CONNECT: NEED HELP TO CONNECT WIFI TO RANGE EXTENDER https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/range-extender-connect/c60932bd-359e-4c9e-8fe9-121b2b586916
  10. Wifi network connection range problem

Wifi network connection range problem: My laptop was working just fine till yesterday. Suddenly, I lost the connectivity to my wifi from my office desk in my room and had to come and sit near the router in order to get the connectivity back. The connection weakens with every step I move away from the router and...