Windows 10: connect wifi windows 10

Discus and support connect wifi windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how do I enable IPv4/IPv6... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by anthonyburgess1, Sep 4, 2018.

1. connect wifi windows 10

how do I enable IPv4/IPv6

:)

anthonyburgess1, Sep 4, 2018
  2. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Cvrk Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10/general/howto-install-windows-10-phones-t3030105

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

connect wifi   windows 10 [​IMG]

Theres also this official http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/341531-windows-10-preview-nokia-lumia-920-a.html
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

Cvrk, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

connect wifi windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

connect wifi windows 10

1. connect wifi windows 10 - Similar Threads - connect wifi

2. after clean boot, i cant connect to internet the wifi, sound, battery etc is gone from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after clean boot, i cant connect to internet the wifi, sound, battery etc is gone from...: Yesterday i want to play some game, but the game keep say connection lost, so i search how to fix it, but it fails, someone in community says to clean boot, stupidly i try it but it didn't work, my account was signed out and need the password. i add administrator account with...
  3. after clean boot, i cant connect to internet the wifi, sound, battery etc is gone from...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    after clean boot, i cant connect to internet the wifi, sound, battery etc is gone from...: Yesterday i want to play some game, but the game keep say connection lost, so i search how to fix it, but it fails, someone in community says to clean boot, stupidly i try it but it didn't work, my account was signed out and need the password. i add administrator account with...
  4. Wifi says "connected, secured" but does not load anything from the internet at all.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi says "connected, secured" but does not load anything from the internet at all.: I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 5, and it's been with me since August 2022.Recently, in the past week or two, I've encountered an issue with the WiFi. Regardless of which network I'm connected to—be it at home, work, or university—it shows "connected, secure." However, when I attempt...
  5. Wifi says "connected, secured" but does not load anything from the internet at all.

Wifi says "connected, secured" but does not load anything from the internet at all.: I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 5, and it's been with me since August 2022.Recently, in the past week or two, I've encountered an issue with the WiFi. Regardless of which network I'm connected to—be it at home, work, or university—it shows "connected, secure." However, when I attempt...
  6. WiFi Internet Connection Drop From Random Time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WiFi Internet Connection Drop From Random Time: Hi All,I have received a report that the internet connection is drop from time to time. And when I checked the WLANReport, I found that there is a change reason with"ChangeReason: CapabilityReset". Have anyone know what is it means? Network Adapter: RZ616 Wi-Fi 6E...
  7. WiFi Internet Connection Drop From Random Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi Internet Connection Drop From Random Time: Hi All,I have received a report that the internet connection is drop from time to time. And when I checked the WLANReport, I found that there is a change reason with"ChangeReason: CapabilityReset". Have anyone know what is it means? Network Adapter: RZ616 Wi-Fi 6E...
  8. WiFi Internet Connection Drop From Random Time

9. how do i set up my pin if I need wifi to set it up and i need to be logged in to connect to...

how do i set up my pin if I need wifi to set it up and i need to be logged in to connect to...: Yesterday I was given the bit lock recovery prompt where I later got my 40 digit password and entered it into my computer. When I was logged back in my pin was deleted and I needed to create a new one. The problem is that it I cannot connect to the internet without being...
  10. how do i set up my pin if I need wifi to set it up and i need to be logged in to connect to...

how do i set up my pin if I need wifi to set it up and i need to be logged in to connect to...: Yesterday I was given the bit lock recovery prompt where I later got my 40 digit password and entered it into my computer. When I was logged back in my pin was deleted and I needed to create a new one. The problem is that it I cannot connect to the internet without being...