Windows 10: connect win 10 computer to win 7 computer

Discus and support connect win 10 computer to win 7 computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to transfer files from my windows 7 computer to my windows 10 computer. I do not know why this is so difficult. I need to transfer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EdwardJohnson_906, Dec 13, 2019.

1. connect win 10 computer to win 7 computer

Hello,

I am trying to transfer files from my windows 7 computer to my windows 10 computer. I do not know why this is so difficult. I need to transfer the files before I upgrade to windows 10 on the win 7 computer, I am exhausted with all of the settings, this should be easy. I see the folder, turned off all fire walls and it contiunues to say cannot connect to the files, contact administrator, well I am the administrator and cannot figure this out. This should not be so complicated.

any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Edward Johnson

:)

EdwardJohnson_906, Dec 13, 2019
  2. adoornik Win User

Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, Dec 13, 2019
  3. adoornik Win User
    Win 7 and Win 10 on network

Thank you. Troubleshooter did not work. I ran all the listed commands in order and that also did not work.

None of the Windows 10 computers on my home network are on the network list of the Win 7 computer but the Lan connected windows 10 computer does show up on the Windows 7 computer network map.

Any other fixes suggestions would be appreciated?

adoornik, Dec 13, 2019
  4. connect win 10 computer to win 7 computer

File Sharing between homegroup computers using Win 10 and Win 7

None of he suggestions offered have solved he problem. However, I found out why I was not able to see the Window 7 PC folders on my Win 10 laptop. It was all related to the difference in how you find a computers on a homegroup. As it turns out, the
    Windows 10 menu structure for getting to the Network is different between the Win 7 and Win 10 operating systems. The homegroup computers can be seen on the Win 7 buy going to Network and File Sharing on the Control Panel and by clicking on the the House
    Icon between the Win 7 PC icon and the Internet Icon. These icons are not part of the Network and File Sharing menu on Win 10. Instead, the homegroup computers can be found on the Network icon under the Computer Menu on Win 10 computers. Once I found Win
    7 listed under the Network Icon on the Win 10 computer I was able to access all of the shared folders on the Win 7 PC.

shortimer831, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

connect win 10 computer to win 7 computer

1. connect win 10 computer to win 7 computer - Similar Threads - connect computer computer

2. New computer with Win 10 - How to install Win 7 with disk to replace

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New computer with Win 10 - How to install Win 7 with disk to replace: New computer with Win 10 - How to install Win 7 with disk to replace Win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-computer-with-win-10-how-to-install-win-7-with/d1fc2fc3-5532-4779-9b3d-58634aa19bf4
  3. Connect an integrated win 7 to win 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connect an integrated win 7 to win 10: I have a win 7 Japanese version integrated computer which has physically operational (but not by it operating system etc.) webcam and monitor and computer all in box. Can I connect it to my new win 10 computer to used as its monitor and webcam? Quick check online seems like...
  4. Win 10 computer cannot access Win 7 computer

Win 10 computer cannot access Win 7 computer: This was working for a while, but no longer is (as typical). I did have to reinstall the OS on the Win 10 computer, nothing changed on the Win 7 computer. The Win 7 computer shows up on the network, but if I click on it says "unable to access". Discovery in the options is...
  5. Win 10 computer unable to access shared files on Win 7 computer

Win 10 computer unable to access shared files on Win 7 computer: I have two desktop computers on a wired home network -- one running Win 10 (update 1903) and the other running Win 7. I have been able to share files between the two computers until about a week ago when the Win 10 computer started getting getting the message "Windows cannot...
  6. WIN 10 connect to Win 7

WIN 10 connect to Win 7: How can I network two computers one WIN 10 and the other WIN 7. WIN 10 no longer has a home group facility. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/win-10-connect-to-win-7/b830d9bd-5e2d-401c-a8ec-845d4162bba7
  7. Share Win 10 Home Hard Drive with Win 7 Pro Computer

Share Win 10 Home Hard Drive with Win 7 Pro Computer: Due to a power surge I recently had to upgrade my wife's Win 7 machine. She had been running an old LGA1156 mobo and when it was impractical to replace the mobo I figured why not just get her an 8th gen I3? I soon figured out that those 8th gen processors don't play nicely...
  8. Win 7 Computer - Win 10 update down load Fails?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 7 Computer - Win 10 update down load Fails?: Folks, On my Win 7 Lenovo laptop the Win 10 update download has failed three times in the last two days. a few weeks ago I removed MS Security Essentials because it was having updating problems and replaced it with Eset Node 32 A/V. I am also using Spy-Bot S/D and Malware...
  9. homegroup with one Win 7 and one Win 10 computer?

homegroup with one Win 7 and one Win 10 computer?: I tried creating a homegroup on a Windows 7 computer. When I try to join it from my Windows 10 computer, it says it detects it, and asks for a password, but suddenly reports that it no longer exists and fails to join it. Any idea why this is, or how to debug it? 53590
  10. When will Win 10 Home download to my Win 7 computer?

in Windows 10 Support
    When will Win 10 Home download to my Win 7 computer?: If it actually happens before July 29 (not likely) how can I determine if the Win 10 Home install file(s) have downloaded to my Win 7 computer? If its after July 29 I expect I'll get some sort of notification and option to install. 8486

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Connect a Win 10 and Win 7 computer

2. sync a win 10 computer to a win 7 computer