Windows 10: Connect windows 10.1 tablet running Windows 10 froze during a windows install

Discus and support Connect windows 10.1 tablet running Windows 10 froze during a windows install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have managed to get the automatic Repair to now come up on the screen, but the touch screen isnt working, can anyone offer me some help please. As i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by alexandrariley1, Oct 31, 2018.

1. Connect windows 10.1 tablet running Windows 10 froze during a windows install

I have managed to get the automatic Repair to now come up on the screen, but the touch screen isnt working, can anyone offer me some help please. As i cant go any further

Many thanks in anticipation

:)

alexandrariley1, Oct 31, 2018

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Oct 31, 2018
  3. Cvrk Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10/general/howto-install-windows-10-phones-t3030105

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Connect windows 10.1 tablet running Windows 10 froze during a windows install [​IMG]

Theres also this official http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/341531-windows-10-preview-nokia-lumia-920-a.html
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

4. CK011885 Win User

Connect windows 10.1 tablet running Windows 10 froze during a windows install

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Oct 31, 2018
Thema:

Connect windows 10.1 tablet running Windows 10 froze during a windows install

1. Connect windows 10.1 tablet running Windows 10 froze during a windows install - Similar Threads - Connect tablet running

2. Connect 2 windows device; 1 laptop and 1 tablet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Connect 2 windows device; 1 laptop and 1 tablet: Hey there, this is my first time posting. Currently i have 2 windows device, a tablet and a laptop. The tablet is wacom enabled. So my question is, can i somehow connect the two device so the tablet acts like a wacom cintiq/one to the laptop? Thanks in advanced :)...
  3. windows 10 froze and buzzing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 froze and buzzing: my pc froze and buzzing . how can I fix it? Nothing works it just froze and buzzed. I tried shutting it down but it won't work It won't even respond to the touch and keyboard how will I fix it??...
  4. Windows 10 froze during large file transfer

Windows 10 froze during large file transfer: Hello. I recently just bought a new laptop, HP Pavillion, and a new Windows 10 32/64 bits built 1907 retailed version. When I was transferring large files on the laptop, the bts dropped to 0. Seeing that, I pressed pause and it would just load. Then, because that didn't work...
  5. My computer froze during a re installation of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My computer froze during a re installation of Windows 10: My computer froze during a re installation of Windows 10 and now it won't go anywhere further than the black Windows screen with a loading sign before it resets and does the same thing over again for what seems like forever, I can open up BIOS sometimes and I've tried booting...
  6. Toshiba encore tablet running windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Toshiba encore tablet running windows 10: I cannot get keyboards to appear at sign in screen. can anyone help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-encore-tablet-running-windows-10/2e8fd1f0-c871-4e91-91df-4f0ff840a184
  7. ProfSvc problem with tablet running Windows 10

ProfSvc problem with tablet running Windows 10: My Windows 10 tablet has frozen up after an update. The Windows start up scenery picture appears plus my name but when I tried to enter my password the keyboard did not appear to enable me to do so. I then recalled that I had a keyboard for tablets that connects through the...
  8. Installing windows 10 on tablet?

Installing windows 10 on tablet?: Hi everyone! I have an HP X2 detachable laptop with windows 10 installed, and it has a bunch of bloatware with like a 1GB of space remaining out of 32GB, I disabled secure boot from the BIOS but I couldn't see legacy boot support option to enable. I tried a bootable USB...
  9. Windows 10 install froze?

Windows 10 install froze?: I started my windows 10 update around 10:00 last night. For awhile it seemed stuck in suspend mode (black screen, monitor light orange, computer light still on etc) and I was worried but eventually I got the update screen and it went from 30% to 56% in around 30 minutes or...
  10. Windows 10 upgrade on a 2 in 1 tablet

Windows 10 upgrade on a 2 in 1 tablet: Hi, I have a Asus 2 in 1 tablet running windows 8.1. I tried to upgrade it via a thumb drive and it keeps on asking me for the product key. The tablet came preinstalled with windows 8 and I upgraded to windows 8.1. The product I have accessed in the settings is still the...