Windows 10: Connect Windows 10's video/audio to external monitor/speaker

Discus and support Connect Windows 10's video/audio to external monitor/speaker in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, I've got a windows 10 x64 laptop machine and am going to connect the display to an external monitor through a cable and the audio to external... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tomyfr, Sep 5, 2019.

1. tomyfr Win User

Connect Windows 10's video/audio to external monitor/speaker

Hi all,

I've got a windows 10 x64 laptop machine and am going to connect the display to an external monitor through a cable and the audio to external speakers via Bluetooth. And the purpose is, when a video is playing on the machine, to have its video and audio on those external devices instead of the monitor/speaker of the laptop itself.

What are the correct instructions to achieve this goal please?

:)

tomyfr, Sep 5, 2019

2. Vga monitor connected to my laptop via a hmdi port

Hello Andrew,

The VGA connector is a video connection for sending analog video signals to the monitor or TV. Unless you are planning to connect to a special monitor, such as a plasma or LCD TV that has a DVI connector, connect your Primary monitor using
    the VGA connector.

The HDMI connector is a digital connection type for transferring high-definition digital video signals AND audio signals. When used with a compatible monitor or television, HDMI has the capability of carrying true high-definition video and
    audio as well HDCP protected content. If your computer has HDMI audio, it should be set as the default audio device in Windows audio properties (available from Windows Control Panel). The monitor or TV with HDMI must have speakers to hear audio.

We suggest you try the steps below and check if this works.

• Open the "display settings" in your computer and activate output to the screen. You can either mirror content of your computer or extend the display just like a dual monitor screen.
    • Check the "External Inputs" of your monitor menu. You will need to change the default "Video 1" to a different selection which may be "HDMI 1" or "Video 2" depending on how you have made the connection.

Important: Make sure you connect the cable to the laptop before turning on as sometimes it may fail to recognize external display.

Let us know with the outcome.

Haidae Tam, Sep 5, 2019
  3. How To Change Monitor Audio To Motherboard Audio

Hi Saurav,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Do you want to use your external speakers for the audio instead of the monitor speakers?
    2. Are you hearing the audio both from your external speakers and the monitor speakers?

Meanwhile, you may try the below steps to change the playback device and check if this helps.

1. Select on the Start button > Type Sound in the search box > Select
      Sound from the list of results.
    2. Go to Playback tab > Select your Sound System Device that you want to hear the audio from > Then click on
      Set Default.
    3. Restart the computer once and check if this helps.

We're looking forward to your response.

Shafeeq_Khan, Sep 5, 2019
  4. Connect Windows 10's video/audio to external monitor/speaker

connecting external speakers to pc

Am using: hp slimline desktop 260 a010z windows 10 v. 1809 IE11 & edge browsers. So long ago I don't remember why I connected an hdmi cable from monitor to tower using the green speaker outlets. Now I wish to try to connect external speakers but am
    unsure of purpose of hdmi cable that is already plugged in.

I looked at control panel then sound and found 2 devices listed: 1. "digital display audio device amd hi-definition(not plugged in)" and 2. Realtek hi-definition audio (default device)"

I'm afraid to disturb current set up before getting advice from any of you brilliant, knowledgeable people who are kind enough to help. I recall connecting pc speakers once long ago with no problem but now I spot the hdmi cable and am leery.

klaro 1590, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

Connect Windows 10's video/audio to external monitor/speaker

1. Connect Windows 10's video/audio to external monitor/speaker - Similar Threads - Connect 10's video

2. External speaker not connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External speaker not connecting: I made a few tickets to chat with the representative, but they made me wait literally 5 hours and I'm pissed off. Like do they expect us to stay in front of the stupid computer for that long staring at the chat screen doing nothing? Stupid. And when they spontaneously came to...
  3. External speaker not connecting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External speaker not connecting: I made a few tickets to chat with the representative, but they made me wait literally 5 hours and I'm pissed off. Like do they expect us to stay in front of the stupid computer for that long staring at the chat screen doing nothing? Stupid. And when they spontaneously came to...
  4. External speaker not connecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Connecting external monitor. S-Mode problem?

Connecting external monitor. S-Mode problem?: Hi! I just got this laptop and am using an HMDI cord to connect my laptop to external monitor. I have a Dell inspiron 15 windows 10. It keeps saying it doesn’t detect the monitor but I use it fine with my older laptop. My laptop is also in s-mode..is this a problem?...
  6. Connecting External Monitor with Microsoft 10 Home S Mode

Connecting External Monitor with Microsoft 10 Home S Mode: I am unable to connect my HP laptop to an external monitor via the USB-C port. I am able to do so with my Dell with is not using Microsoft 10 Home S Mode. I've read through the questions previously posted, so I wonder if it's the operating system. Or is there another...
  7. no audio to external speaker

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no audio to external speaker: sound from external speakers not working, just from PC laptop speaker. Was working fine until recently. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-audio-to-external-speaker/5076e7fb-74d7-48ca-97ea-b049318280f8
  8. External monitor is not connecting in windows 10

External monitor is not connecting in windows 10: After recent update my laptop is not detecting external monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-monitor-is-not-connecting-in-windows-10/24590d76-c527-4ce4-a25c-38bb72e97a9f
  9. Connect Windows 10's video/audio to external monitor/speaker

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Connect Windows 10's video/audio to external monitor/speaker: Hi all, I've got a windows 10 x64 laptop machine and am going to connect the display to an external monitor through a cable and the audio to external speakers via Bluetooth. And the purpose is, when a video is playing on the machine, to have its video and audio on those...
  10. Audio issues Windows 10 after connecting External monitor.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio issues Windows 10 after connecting External monitor.: I purchased an Acer monitor KA271B. When connected to HP computer by HDMI cable, I get a picture, but no audio. Have worked for two days on it and am at my wits end. HELP! ***Modified Title from: acer monitor connection by HDMI no audio***...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 s-video

2. windows 10 connect external speakers

3. windows 10 external monitor audio

4. attaching external speakers to laptop