Windows 10: Connect wireless display won't connect

Discus and support Connect wireless display won't connect in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Yesterday I was able to connect my Surface Go to my Sony smart TV using Miracast but today, every time I select the device, I get a can't connect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoanneMather, Jun 7, 2020.

1. Connect wireless display won't connect

Yesterday I was able to connect my Surface Go to my Sony smart TV using Miracast but today, every time I select the device, I get a can't connect message after it tries for quite a while. I have followed the suggestions including restarting the Surface Go, restarting the wifi, removing the device name and still can't connect although the device is discoverable. Not sure what to try next.

:)

JoanneMather, Jun 7, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Connect to Wireless Display with Miracast in Windows 10

Nice tutorial Shawn!

I'm happy that Anniversary Update seems to have solved connectivity issues with Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter, it was before like a lottery to try to connect to it, sometimes you won but often not. Now with 14393.10 it connects every time, keeping the connection alive.

Just one small inconvenience: is there a way to change display properties defaults? In my case when connecting to wireless display from this laptop, I need it to be left from laptop display but it will always be placed to right. See screenshot, display 1 is laptop, #2 is external display, #3 MS Wireless Display. I would need it to be placed when connected last at left:

Connect wireless display won't connect [​IMG]

Now I need to move it manually every time in Settings.

Additional question is there a way to make it connect automatically whenever I sign in?

Kari, Jun 7, 2020
  3. tamo Win User
    iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

tamo, Jun 7, 2020
  4. tamo Win User

Connect wireless display won't connect

iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

tamo, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Connect wireless display won't connect

1. Connect wireless display won't connect - Similar Threads - Connect wireless display

2. Connect to a wireless display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connect to a wireless display: Hi,I have 3 laptops and want to use 1 as a wireless display. Situation as follow: PC1: new laptop running WIN 11PC2 & PC3: old and very old laptop both running WIN 10.PC3 as the wireless screen.Projecting:PC2=>PC3: OKPC1=>PC3: NOKI see PC3 in the list. It starts the...
  3. Wireless display not connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless display not connecting: I have an Intel Core M3 processor laptop and a Samsung tab s7 FE. I am trying to use my tablet as an extended screen, but am unable to. I have tried updating the drivers, changing the screen resolution. Previously I tried to connect my laptop to other monitors and TV as well...
  4. Wireless Display Adapter won't connect after the first connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless Display Adapter won't connect after the first connection: I have a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter connected to a TV and attempting to connect to it from a Windows 10 PC. I can connect to it once successfully and once I disconnect from it, I can't reconnect to it without messing around with the adapter, like resetting it and...
  5. Wireless Display Adapter won't connect after the first connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless Display Adapter won't connect after the first connection: I have a Microsoft Wireless Display Adapter connected to a TV and attempting to connect to it from a Windows 10 PC. I can connect to it once successfully and once I disconnect from it, I can't reconnect to it without messing around with the adapter, like resetting it and...
  6. Wireless Display Adapter won't connect after the first connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. CONNECT TO A WIRELESS DISPLAY

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CONNECT TO A WIRELESS DISPLAY: Good morning, I can connect my phone to a wireless display because it support easy projection. I don't need to install any app.Does windows 10 home support because it could't connect?...
  8. Connecting Wireless Display

in Windows 10 Support
    Connecting Wireless Display: I connected a wireless display today, which works very well. This is a smart tv with wireless and a pc that has a modern wifi card. But ( there is always a "but"!) there is no sound. The device I have connected to does NOT appear on the list of devices in sound playback. I...
  9. Connect to wireless display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connect to wireless display: Hi, I have Dell Inspiron with intel i7 and HD Graphics 5500. It has Miracast support and Wifi support verified according articles in different questions dxdiag.txt: Processor: IntelR CoreTM i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz 4 CPUs Card name: IntelR HD Graphics 5500 Miracast:...
  10. wireless display connection

in Windows 10 Customization
    wireless display connection: Hello! I am having problems on connecting my laptop with the smart tv via miracast, It's says it's connecting, the on the tv appears a message that says connection realized then a black screen for a few seconds, and on the laptop it still connecting, after a minute or so it...