Windows 10: Connected 2 exact same monitors but cannot set same resolution

Discus and support Connected 2 exact same monitors but cannot set same resolution in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had a Dell UP3017 monitor connected via dock to my laptop. The resolution (recommended) is 2560x1600 at 59Hz. This setup worked flawlessly. I then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jeff_42, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Jeff_42 Win User

Connected 2 exact same monitors but cannot set same resolution

I had a Dell UP3017 monitor connected via dock to my laptop. The resolution (recommended) is 2560x1600 at 59Hz. This setup worked flawlessly. I then connected a second Dell UP3017 and the 'Display Settings' will not allow me to set the new display to the same resolution. The max resolution listed is 2048x1080 at 24Hz. Also, 'Display Settings' does not give a recommended resolution in the list for this monitor. How do I get the displays to both go to 2560x1600?

:)

Jeff_42, Dec 4, 2018

2. Display Resolution for two monitor have different settings

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The display resolution depends on the monitors that you have plugged into your computer. The display resolution modes will vary with each display based on the video card device, monitor size, video driver, and monitor driver.
    By default, Windows chooses the best display settings for your PC based on your monitor, so it is recommended to set the screen resolution of the display to the (Recommended) native resolution to get the best display on your monitor.

To have better clarity on the issue, let us know the model numbers of your monitors, so that we can provide you the exact display resolution which is recommended to your monitors.

Meanwhile, try the below methods and see if this helps.

Changing the Display Resolution from Settings.

Step 1: Right Click on an empty space on the desktop and click on
    Display Settings.

Step 2: In the
    Display Settings window, scroll down and click on 'Advanced display settings' option under
    Multiple displays.

Step 3: Then, click on
    Display adapter properties for Display 1, Display 2, or
    Display 3; whichever monitor you want to change the resolution for.

Step 4: Once the Display properties pops-up, click on 'List All Modes' option.

Step 5: Select a display mode that you want for the selected display and click on
    OK.

Step 6: Then, click on
    Apply and OK for the changes to take effect.

If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver by opening
    Device Manager, right-click on the monitor drivers, and select
    Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the drivers.

Hope it helps.

Shafeeq_Khan, Dec 4, 2018
  3. i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Dec 4, 2018
  4. Connected 2 exact same monitors but cannot set same resolution

Can't set monitor resolution 3440x1440

Hello, there is no way to set resolution 3440x1440 for monitor BenQ EX3501R. Needed resolution is absent in the list of monitor settings. Im seting required drivers from offical benq site for my monitors model, but it didnt help. How it can be done?

ЦечоевРуслан, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

Connected 2 exact same monitors but cannot set same resolution

1. Connected 2 exact same monitors but cannot set same resolution - Similar Threads - Connected exact same

2. problem with 2 monitors and a TV connect to the same PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem with 2 monitors and a TV connect to the same PC: I have 2 monitors and a TV connected to the same PCthe 2 monitors are extended to each other. the TV is a duplicate for the second display.I want if possible a Powershell or CMD script to do the next:change the TV to duplicate the main screen without running any other...
  3. problem with 2 monitors and a TV connect to the same PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem with 2 monitors and a TV connect to the same PC: I have 2 monitors and a TV connected to the same PCthe 2 monitors are extended to each other. the TV is a duplicate for the second display.I want if possible a Powershell or CMD script to do the next:change the TV to duplicate the main screen without running any other...
  4. Italian and Spanish, not exactly the same

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Italian and Spanish, not exactly the same: Does anybody knows why I am Italian, I have my Microsoft Account set to Italian, my Windows copy installed is in Italian, my Office copy installed is in Italian, everything is in Italian and....Microsoft keeps sending me mail and alerts in Spanish???It is so disappointing......
  5. 2 monitors showing the exact same stuff

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2 monitors showing the exact same stuff: Went on my pc and both monitors were working fine suddenly both my monitors paused.I turned one of the monitors off and on but it then showed a plain green screen so I decided to turn my pc off and on. here is the problem, both my monitors show the exact same thing and when I...
  6. 2 Startup folders with the exact same name in the same name

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Startup folders with the exact same name in the same name: i have 2 startup folders in the same folder for some unknown to me reason. When i put in "shells:startup" in Run it opens up a startup folder thats read only and its empty whenever i try to change it to not be read only it just reapplies after the properties window closes...
  7. 2 Startup folders with the exact same name in the same name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 Startup folders with the exact same name in the same name: i have 2 startup folders in the same folder for some unknown to me reason. When i put in "shells:startup" in Run it opens up a startup folder thats read only and its empty whenever i try to change it to not be read only it just reapplies after the properties window closes...
  8. 2 PCs on same network but cannot connect them

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2 PCs on same network but cannot connect them: This seems to happen after updates. 1 PC has a printer that we can usually print to that from either PC. Currently they cannot see each other. no 1 will not change to turn on network discovery and current profile is private. won't turn on under public profile either number...
  9. Windows 10 shows different resolutions for the exact same monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 shows different resolutions for the exact same monitors: Hi guys I have 2 monitors here (Dell U2719D) Windows 10 shows the resolutions for these as different. Monitor 1 has the correct resolution at 2560 x 1440 and Monitor 2 has the incorrect resolution at 2048 x 1080 . I am unable to change the resolution of Monitor 2 in the...
  10. Dual Monitors, Keeping Same Resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Monitors, Keeping Same Resolution: I have a laptop with a resolution of 1600 by 900 and I am connecting it to an external dell monitor to duplicate the displays. 1600 by 900 isn't supported on the list of resolutions after the monitor is connected, so I created a custom one in the Intel graphics properties...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. u2719d windows 2048x1080

2. cannot get 2 monitors to be same resolution