Windows 10: Connected but no internet access

Discus and support Connected but no internet access in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just bought a new PC with the latest Windows 10 version, but the internet didn't work. It said it was connected and it didn't have the yellow icon,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AmateurElber, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Connected but no internet access

I just bought a new PC with the latest Windows 10 version, but the internet didn't work. It said it was connected and it didn't have the yellow icon, after running the troubleshooter the result was problems with the DNS. So I ran the commands: ipconfig/release, flushdns, renew, netsh winsock, etc. in CMD as an administrator and still didn't work, I also uninstalled the network drivers and disabled the power management thing. In the end I decided to revert to an older windows 10 version (1709), but the problem persisted I tried all the possible solutions again after downgrading.

I don't know what to do next for my internet to work again, any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

:)

AmateurElber, Sep 11, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Connected but no internet access [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Connected but no internet access [​IMG]

topgundcp, Sep 11, 2018
  3. Unable to access internet

Original Title: Internet access

Hi Greg,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10. I understand the frustration to wait for something and it is taking a long time.

I would suggest you to perform an Internet troubleshooter by following the steps below.

• Click on start and type ‘troubleshooting’ and press enter.
    • Click on ‘View all’ on top left corner.
    • Select ‘Internet Connections’ in the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Also, check if the issue persists by connecting to a different network.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write is back for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 11, 2018
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Connected but no internet access

Kick or Ban who is connected with my internet ?

You would have to do that on your Router's setup webpage. 1st step is to turn on WiFi encryption and password. 2nd step, if you feel you need to, is set up an access list of the physical MAC addresses for the network adapters of the computers you want to allow to connect. Any other network adapter not on that MAC filter list won't be able to connect. (but MAC addresses can be easily spoofed, if the third person knows which MAC addresses are allowed).

NavyLCDR, Sep 11, 2018
Thema:

Connected but no internet access

1. Connected but no internet access - Similar Threads - Connected internet access

2. Connected but no internet access? Try this...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Connected but no internet access? Try this...: To the point: Create a new administrator account and log into it. Check to see whether you have full Internet access on the new profile you should.Restart the computer, and check to see whether your original profile now has normal access to the Internet.If not, transfer the...
  3. Internet connection but no network access

Internet connection but no network access: After a power outage we have one computer with a weird problem. The computer is able to access the internet but can't see any computers on the network and other computers cant see it either. All other computers are working normally. Ran nearly all of the troubleshooters with...
  4. Internet access, but not connected

Internet access, but not connected: I encountered this weird issue for the first time ever; I noticed my internet icon was no longer on my taskbar recently. On a side note, I use a wired connection to my router via Ethernet. When I opened the taskbar settings and navigated to the 'Select which icons appear on...
  5. no internet access but connected to the internet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    no internet access but connected to the internet: [ATTACH] Why does not have access to the Internet! But I can explore and search! And I have access to all sites and pages! No Intenet Access!!! submitted by /u/msadr471 [link] [comments]...
  6. Connected to wifi but no internet access

Connected to wifi but no internet access: My computer can connect to wifi and it also says that it has internet access but when i go to every website it says that I'm not connected to internet. I tried to ping to gateway 192.168.1.1 but requested timeout. I can only have like 5 seconds of internet access but then...
  7. Ethernet connected but no access to internet.

Ethernet connected but no access to internet.: I just moved and I'm having trouble connecting to the internet. There is no ethernet port in my room so I'm using a tp-link av1000 adapter. I do not have wifi on my computer it was custom built. When I go to ethernet status for the network I can see that it is sending and...
  8. Connected to internet but no access.

Connected to internet but no access.: Hey. Just bought a cheap pc, and the wirless has no access. It connects but that is all. I tried uninstalling wireless driver and reinstalling with no luck. There was a yellow sign over the wirless symbol. But i was advised to try and change my dns to 8.8.8.8 .And....
  9. Connects to network, no internet access.

Connects to network, no internet access.: Hi guys! I know next to nothing about networks so I could really use your help. I've recently moved to a new house and my laptop, phone, and PC all connected fine. However the PC started to have problems connecting to the internet and then lost all connection the very...
  10. Connected to internet but no access

Connected to internet but no access: Recently my laptop has a boot error and auto recovery and maintenances could not solve the issue. So I reset the laptop but kept the files and now it boots perfectly fine however none of the internet is working. It shows that I am connected to the wifi but there is no access...