Windows 10: Connected by Ethernet and WiFi

Discus and support Connected by Ethernet and WiFi in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Right now my computer is connected by 1.0 Gbps Ethernet and 1.3 Gbps WiFi. Can Windows 10 take advantage of this or should I disable one these... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by alkaufmann, May 3, 2017.

1. Connected by Ethernet and WiFi

Right now my computer is connected by 1.0 Gbps Ethernet and 1.3 Gbps WiFi. Can Windows 10 take advantage of this or should I disable one these connections?

:)

alkaufmann, May 3, 2017

2. Ethernet over wifi Windows 10

Hi,

I am connected to my home network using Wifi and Ethernet. I prefer using Ethernet because it is much faster, but my wifi keeps overriding the ethernet connection.

If I disable wifi, I loose internet connectivity.

Please help.

Thanks

SankalpBajpai7, May 3, 2017
  3. 2xg-Ray Win User
    Ethernet over wifi Windows 10

Hello,

In addition, try prioritizing your LAN or ethernet connection rather than the Wireless on your NIC/wireless devices. Here's a simple tutorial on how to edit the "Automatic metric" of your ethernet device.

Hope this helps.

2xg-Ray, May 3, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Connected by Ethernet and WiFi

Are you having any issues? No you would not be able to take advantage of both connections since Windows would just route through the best one at any moment. It is only as good as your outbound connection for your provider.

bro67, May 4, 2017
  5. Thanks, sort of what I thought.

alkaufmann, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Connected by Ethernet and WiFi

1. Connected by Ethernet and WiFi - Similar Threads - Connected Ethernet WiFi

2. Ethernet not connecting to WIFI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet not connecting to WIFI: Does anyone know why my ethernet is not connecting to my WIFI. I have disabled the drivers and restarted my router and modem. It no longer shows the same SSID....
  3. Ethernet not connecting to WIFI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet not connecting to WIFI: Does anyone know why my ethernet is not connecting to my WIFI. I have disabled the drivers and restarted my router and modem. It no longer shows the same SSID....
  4. ethernet & WIFI connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ethernet & WIFI connections: Results for "Results for "While using my Surface laptop for setting up AB Stratix switches. I'm using a USB-to-RJ45 adapter and the Chrome browser I get a privacy error which reads "your connection is not private.". SURFACE-LAPTOP" I get the same message trying to connect...
  5. ethernet & WIFI connections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ethernet & WIFI connections: Results for "Results for "While using my Surface laptop for setting up AB Stratix switches. I'm using a USB-to-RJ45 adapter and the Chrome browser I get a privacy error which reads "your connection is not private.". SURFACE-LAPTOP" I get the same message trying to connect...
  6. ethernet & WIFI connections

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. No wifi and no connection when connected to ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No wifi and no connection when connected to ethernet: Hello, I feel like I've tried everything I've found on here but I'm sure there's a fix. I have an ASUS K73E that after updating from Windows 7 to 10 is no longer connecting to the internet. I've tried toggling F2 and no wifi. I'm currently plugged in to the ethernet cable and...
  8. Ethernet or Wifi connection

Ethernet or Wifi connection: If I am connected to the internet with both the ethernet and WIFI connections, how can I tell which one is in use?Is it possible that they are both being used?Will my PC automatically choose the better one?...
  9. Wifi connection slowing ethernet connection

Wifi connection slowing ethernet connection: I currently have two pc's running in my house, The first is connected through ethernet and the second over a wifi connection through a range extender. For some reason when the second pc is running any type of download the ethernet pc slows down, it cannot stream video or play...
  10. No WIFI or Ethernet connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No WIFI or Ethernet connection: I have just built a new computer and downloaded an older version of Windows 10 from a USB I had laying around with the intention of updating the system to the newest version of Windows 10, however, I cannot connect to either WIFI or Ethernet meaning that I cannot just update...