Windows 10: Connected device fails reset protection after update

Discus and support Connected device fails reset protection after update in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; My Nokia Lumia 640 RM - 1073, has been updated, however upon updation, the phone restarted to the setup application, and is revoking access due to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Jtech001, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Jtech001 Win User

Connected device fails reset protection after update

My Nokia Lumia 640 RM - 1073, has been updated, however upon updation, the phone restarted to the setup application, and is revoking access due to reset protection. The device is currently linked to my Microsoft account, I can access settings in the phone, and can confirm that my Microsoft account is valid and active in the phone, and I can log into my Microsoft account online, and it shows the device as one of my connected devices. However I can not bypass or successfully withdrawal, reset protection on the device. Please advise.

:)

Jtech001, Mar 11, 2019

2. Reset Protection Notification

Hi Team,

I reset my Microsoft Lumia 650 device ( Hard Reset ), and trying to configure freshly.

After the WiFi Configuration is done, the system is prompting with "Reset Protection Notification" and I am not able to proceed further.

Contacted B2X Team, Microsoft Support Team and found no resolution.

What I did:

• Hard Reset my Mobile Device (It went Successfully)
    • Microsoft (Initial) screen displays and started new configuration
    • Selected the Country and the Time Zone
    • Configured the WiFi Connectivity (Successful)
    • Reset Protection Notification.
    Here in this step, I tried to log in with my Microsoft Account, unable to do so on Mobile, but able to log in successfully on my Laptop

Request any one of you, please suggest to overcome this issue.

Regards,

Sridhar.J

**The "Topics" was edited for clarity by the moderator.**

myMicrosoftCommunity, Mar 11, 2019
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Mar 11, 2019
  4. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Mar 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Connected device fails reset protection after update - Similar Threads - Connected device fails

2. Virus and Threat Protection Unavailable after device reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus and Threat Protection Unavailable after device reset: When i search for virus and threat protection or just right click to scan This Message is shown Page not availableYour IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not availabe.Contact It helpdesk for more informationI...
  3. Virus and Threat Protection Unavailable after device reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virus and Threat Protection Unavailable after device reset: When i search for virus and threat protection or just right click to scan This Message is shown Page not availableYour IT administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not availabe.Contact It helpdesk for more informationI...
  4. failing to access device after system update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    failing to access device after system update: I just did a system update and now I can't access my device anymore. I can't use fingerprint and it tells me that my pin is currently not available, therefore I would have to set a new one. But whenever I click on that button it just goes back to lock screen. Does anybody...
  5. failing to access device after system update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    failing to access device after system update: I just did a system update and now I can't access my device anymore. I can't use fingerprint and it tells me that my pin is currently not available, therefore I would have to set a new one. But whenever I click on that button it just goes back to lock screen. Does anybody...
  6. failing to access device after system update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. My laptop failed to connect to any Bluetooth device after driver updating.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My laptop failed to connect to any Bluetooth device after driver updating.: Hey guys, I really need some helps with this. After updating to the newest Bluetooth driver via CCleaner, my laptop can't connect to any device even though it paired successfully. I have tried as many internet-found methods as I could but still, no luck. Including...
  8. Audio devices disappear after failed update

Audio devices disappear after failed update: My computer i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-Deluxe, 16MB ram was working fine until it tried an update to KB50003637. During the update, it BSODed with a PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error, after which it notified me that the update had failed and attempted to return to its previous...
  9. windows update failing after PC reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows update failing after PC reset: My windows 10 update is not working anymore since I had to do a PC reset. I keep getting "there were problems installing some udpates, but we'll try again later". this is when it is trying to update to windows 10 version 1903 update. The error code is 0x800f081f. So I...
  10. Connection to device failed

Connection to device failed: Can someone please help?? Device Manager "sees" my Sony Bravia but when I Cast to it, I constantly get "Connection to Device Failed" error message. Did the usual and updated all drivers etc to no avail. This used to work but have not used it for over a year. Thank you...