Windows 10: Connected Devices doesn't work

Discus and support Connected Devices doesn't work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop and desktop are on the same wifi network. Both are at Windows 10. Laptop is v. 1803. Desktop is v. 1809. I've downloaded Connected Devices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CapnCack, Feb 13, 2019.

1. CapnCack Win User

Connected Devices doesn't work

My laptop and desktop are on the same wifi network.

Both are at Windows 10. Laptop is v. 1803. Desktop is v. 1809.

I've downloaded Connected Devices to both.

The laptop sees the desktop, but not vice versa. The "help" screen (excuse me while I laugh sardonically for a few seconds) says it's because I don't have the "Windows Anniversary" update. Seriously? That was, what, two years ago?

Any hints would help.

Why in GODS name does MS make it so hard to simply share files? And no, I don't want my personal stuff on their stupid cloud.

:)

CapnCack, Feb 13, 2019
  2. Bagoguts Win User

Lumia 620 doesn`t connect to computer via usb cable

Hi yall and thanks for the replies!

Unfortunately, the were of no help.

The phone isn`t listed in device manager, the list of devices doesn`t change if I have my phone connected to my computer(s). There are no mystery devices, no yellow triangle -markings or anything even remotely pointing to the direction the phone being connected.

It could be that my phone has a broken usb port, but it makes me wonder that it still charges the battery when connected to a computer.

This is not a big problem for me, that I must admit, but still, it kinda bugs me that the phone doesn`t work the way it`s supposed to work,

Anyways, if somebody comes up with something that might help, I am most grateful.

Have a great weekend yall!

-

edit: Also, I have my laptop almost always connected to charger. Tried without charger just for the heck of it, didn`t help.

Bagoguts, Feb 13, 2019
  3. Bushka Win User
    Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, Feb 13, 2019
  4. Connected Devices doesn't work

Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

Connected Devices doesn't work

1. Connected Devices doesn't work - Similar Threads - Connected Devices doesn't

2. Internet connection doesn't work but is shown to be working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet connection doesn't work but is shown to be working: Hey everyone,Since yesterday morning my internet connection on my laptop suddenly stopped working. It shows that I'm connected to my wifi network, however when I try to enter any website, "You're not connected" is shown. The network diagnostics however show that "You're...
  3. Internet connection doesn't work but is shown to be working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet connection doesn't work but is shown to be working: Hey everyone,Since yesterday morning my internet connection on my laptop suddenly stopped working. It shows that I'm connected to my wifi network, however when I try to enter any website, "You're not connected" is shown. The network diagnostics however show that "You're...
  4. Custom task using Bluetooth device connected as trigger doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Custom task using Bluetooth device connected as trigger doesn't work.: I use a Bluetooth device paired with software specifically for it. I have already created a custom task to run the software and bypass the UAC prompt by having it run at the highest privileges. and created a shortcut for it. I now want to automate the software starting when I...
  5. Custom task using Bluetooth device connected as trigger doesn't work.

Custom task using Bluetooth device connected as trigger doesn't work.: I use a Bluetooth device paired with software specifically for it. I have already created a custom task to run the software and bypass the UAC prompt by having it run at the highest privileges. and created a shortcut for it. I now want to automate the software starting when I...
  6. Sound Card doesn't work and WIFI doesn't connect

Sound Card doesn't work and WIFI doesn't connect: After windows updateThe sound doesn't work and the WIFI is connected but while running troubleshooter it says internet is not connected even though it is connected....
  7. Webcam doesn't show in device manager. Doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam doesn't show in device manager. Doesn't work.: I have an HP model 15-bs289wm. I tried accessing the integrated webcam for work and when I use the Microsoft camera app I get a message that says "We can't find your camera. Check to be sure it is connected and installed properly, that it isn't being blocked by anti-virus...
  8. Bridging connections doesn't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bridging connections doesn't work: Hi I've recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. However recently I've tried to bridge two network adapters but I'm getting following message "You don't have sufficient privileges for configuring connection properties. Contact your administrator". I'm already...
  9. VPN connected but doesn't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    VPN connected but doesn't work: My VPN connection between shop (win7) and home (win10) worked fine for years, but then some months ago suddenly stalled. At first, it refused making a connection. I tried most every trick in the book (re-installing the connection etc) to no avail. After reading up a bit, I...
  10. The HDMI connection doesn't work all of a sudden. In the Devices Manager there are no...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The HDMI connection doesn't work all of a sudden. In the Devices Manager there are no...: After an automatic upgrade of my Windows 10 I've had to face a lot of issues: black screen, no wifi signal, never-ending start up process... So I finally decided to perform a clean start-up, assuming the loss of all my personal files and programs. When I finally got my...