Windows 10: Connected Devices Platform Change Firewall from Private to Public

Discus and support Connected Devices Platform Change Firewall from Private to Public in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have configuration as follow: Windows 10 LTSC 2019based on 1809 Ethernet connected in the following configuration IP 192.168.0.1 Subnet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KobiH1, Jan 19, 2020.

1. KobiH1 Win User

Connected Devices Platform Change Firewall from Private to Public

I have configuration as follow:

Windows 10 LTSC 2019based on 1809

Ethernet connected in the following configuration

IP 192.168.0.1 Subnet 255.255.255.0 No gateway

it is connected to another system 192.168.0.2 255.255.255.0

This is unIdentified network

I setup in sepol.msc so unidentify network will be private

Only on specific user "technician"

1.5 minut after login o this user it return to public

Other user it work ok,

New user it work ok.

I found that the activity database have a problematic field of payloadon the other user it give other payload that work.

On the technician user only after delete the record it work perfectly.

%localappdata$\ConnectedDevicesPlatform\L,technician\

ActivitiesCache containg records of activity

The record contain

[
    {
    "ActivityStatus": 1,
    "ActivityType": 11,
    "AppActivityId": "default$windows.data.nlm.nlmsignature$wificloudstore3windows.data.nlm.nlmsignature$010103000f0000f0010000000f0000f0c967a3643c3ad745950da7859209176ef5b87c875fa20df21951640e807d7c2401000000",
    "AppId": "[{\"application\":\"Microsoft.Credentials.WiFi\",\"platform\":\"data_boundary\"},{\"application\":\"\",\"platform\":\"packageId\"},{\"application\":\"\",\"platform\":\"alternateId\"}]",
    "ClipboardPayload": null,
    "CreatedInCloud": 0,
    "ETag": 133,
    "EndTime": 0,
    "EnterpriseId": "",
    "ExpirationTime": 1799715477,
    "Group": "default$windows.data.nlm.nlmsignature$wificloudstore3",
    "GroupAppActivityId": "",
    "GroupItems": "",
    "Id": "P90Zvq3yubqIfF3uRkSCEw==",
    "IsLocalOnly": 0,
    "IsRead": 0,
    "LastModifiedOnClient": 1578963477,
    "LastModifiedTime": 1578963475,
    "MatchId": null,
    "OriginalLastModifiedOnClient": null,
    "OriginalPayload": null,
    "PackageIdHash": "YNLZe4hPeNt2TsD3m2/J7VnoiLSr44gYYnlY8N/+Ubw=",
    "ParentActivityId": "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==",
    "Payload": "UTBJQkFBQT0=",
    "PlatformDeviceId": "x0GLa073H90CcAqQBRZgCHHiMWBJMeTkb+1Xz2pn7bA=",
    "Priority": 3,
    "StartTime": 1578963475,
    "Tag": "windows.data.nlm.nlmsignature",
    "UserActionState": 0
    }
    ]

On the working user the payload is this.

"Payload": "UTBJQkFBWUJBQT09",

What is the connection and effect between activity log and Profile of network?

What is the meaning of Payload and where does it get it from?

:)

KobiH1, Jan 19, 2020

2. Change Network from Public to Private

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to
    change your network from Public to Private:

• Type PowerShell in Search Window and then right click on it and click on
      Run as Administrator.

• Type the following command to find your interface Index:
      Get-NetConnectionProfile

• Use your interface index (for example 5) with this command:
      Set-NetConnectionProfile -InterfaceIndex 5 -NetworkCategory Private

• Now reboot the device and check if the network has changed from Public to Private.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Stud_1946 Win User
    How to change the network setting (Private, public, etc)

this answer from a different Microsoft page worked for me

Connected Devices Platform Change Firewall from Private to Public [​IMG]
    Giridhar
    J
    replied on

• Microsoft

Accomplishments

• Microsoft

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to
    change your network from Public to Private:

• Type PowerShell in Search Window and then right click on it and click on
      Run as Administrator.

• Type the following command to find your interface Index:
      Get-NetConnectionProfile

• Use your interface index (for example 5) with this command:
      Set-NetConnectionProfile -InterfaceIndex 5 -NetworkCategory Private

• Now reboot the device and check if the network has changed from Public to Private.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Stud_1946, Jan 19, 2020
  4. Winuser Win User

Private or Public

I just noticed in Windows defender My network is listed as public. Does it matter if my network is listed as private or public. I found how to change it if I have to. I just want to know if it matters. I don't know if this has anything to do with it or not. In the network box on the task bar it only shows my wi-fi connections and not my wired connection. I'm connected by wire to the router. I'm using build 10162 upgraded from Windows 8.1.1.

Winuser, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

1. Connected Devices Platform Change Firewall from Private to Public - Similar Threads - Connected Devices Platform

2. Public or Private Changing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Public or Private Changing: Going nuts again! My puters that are ok with what is told on the net is correct. But, one is not, I click on properties when I bring up connections, does not bring a way to change the profile. 2004 must have changed something again. This is WFi which should mean nothing. If...
  3. Network Connection Properties keeps changing from Private to Public

Network Connection Properties keeps changing from Private to Public: Windows 10 Professional on numerous computers at different locations has been changing on its own to a Public Network Connection. This causes issues with network shares, etc. I change them back to Private then 2 days, 2 weeks, 2 months, no way to know, and they change back...
  4. changing WIFI from public to private

changing WIFI from public to private: win 10 is saying NOT CONNECTED TO NETWORK but I can go to YOUTUBE and every where else except in my own lan I went to settings....where there is supposed to be an option to pick public or private network BUT THE OPTION IS NOT THERE I have researched the internet inclubing...
  5. Cannot change network from public to private

Cannot change network from public to private: hello greetings from cloudy Scotland! I would like to ask community for help with network policy. I want to keep all PCs in private net but every time I reset PCs network changes from private to public. I tried to change network from public to private using admin account...
  6. Network changed from Private to Public

Network changed from Private to Public: I have windows 10 version 1803 now my wifi network connection shows public not private so I can not get to the internet. HELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-changed-from-private-to-public/503943f0-a5e9-483e-b1ef-a964d4e99178
  7. Can't change from public to private

Can't change from public to private: I've two refurb Dels running windows 10 1709. I initially hooked up to my home Wifi for software and windows registration but the machines will be used in a charity horse show office offline. Removed the USB Wifi for the rest of the work. Need to connect for printer sharing...
  8. change network location from public to private

change network location from public to private: Hi guys I am running a laptop with windows 10 , so how do I change the network profile from public to private . thanks 86368
  9. Change Network from Public to Private

Change Network from Public to Private: So I have Windows 10 up and running...How do I change my home Wi-Fi from Public networks to Private? I also want to join my homegroup however cannot seem to figure it out.... Thanks 12023
  10. How to change network connection from Public to Private?

How to change network connection from Public to Private?: Does anyone know how to change the network from Public to Private in build 9926? It's defaulting to Public with network discovery turned off, etc, and I'd like to change it to Private. 3685