Windows 10: Connected Devices Platform: Excessive CPU Usage

Discus and support Connected Devices Platform: Excessive CPU Usage in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; According to my machine's task manager, SERVICE HOST: CONNECTED DEVICES PLATFORM USER SERVICE is consuming about 40% to 50% CPU usage. (Don't know if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AndréStrydom, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Connected Devices Platform: Excessive CPU Usage

According to my machine's task manager, SERVICE HOST: CONNECTED DEVICES PLATFORM USER SERVICE is consuming about 40% to 50% CPU usage. (Don't know if I stated that correctly.) Anyway, this is causing the fan on my tower to run very high and constantly.

As far as I know, the Connected Devices Platform should run at startup, and then quieten down. Mine does not do that.

Any ideas on what might be wrong and how I can fix this? That whining fan is driving me nuts!

:)

AndréStrydom, Sep 13, 2018

2. excessive cpu usage

When I use Microsoft solitaire the cpu usage rapidly ramps up to as high as 80% causing the fan to absolutely race. This is new ion the last few days. Nothing else seems to cause this. Any suggestions?

dave

DaveAlmond, Sep 13, 2018
  3. SPOOLSV.EXE - Excessive CPU time Solution

Suggestions in several posts for excessive processor usage by SPOOLSV.EXE indicate the C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS folder should be emptied to solve the problem.

I have found another solution that solved my excessive SPOOOLSV.EXE processor usage issue.

Using Task Manager's Resource Manager, I found that SPOOLSV.EXE would continually try to connect to printers that are not attached to my
    current local network. These printers are located on the local network in another office which I rarely visit. To solve the excessive CPU usage issue, I opened the print spooler queue window for each
    off network printer, clicked on the
    Printer menu item, then clicked Pause Printing. Immediately, SPOOLSV.EXE stopped using processor time. I will just have to remember to click on
    Resume Printing should I need to use that printer if I am in the other office in the future.

BrooklynParkMikey, Sep 13, 2018
  4. Msradell Win User

Connected Devices Platform: Excessive CPU Usage

Excessive CPU usage by IE 11

For the last couple of weeks IE 11 on my Windows 10x64 PC has been using an excessively high amount of CPU constantly. 1 or 2 tabs never trapped CPU usage below about 7% even after webpages that open for a significant amount of time. I've run all the tests
    I can think of including SFC/scannow which reported no problems.

Obviously this is affecting everything I do on the PC while I have IE open.

Msradell, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

Connected Devices Platform: Excessive CPU Usage

1. Connected Devices Platform: Excessive CPU Usage - Similar Threads - Connected Devices Platform

2. Excessive memory usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excessive memory usage: How can Windows use so much memory and not have a way to clean it? When I installed it, the system didn't take up that much, I left the SDD only for the system and the HD for my programs, today I opened a guide on the Microsoft website to clean the C: disk, but there are...
  3. Excessive memory usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excessive memory usage: How can Windows use so much memory and not have a way to clean it? When I installed it, the system didn't take up that much, I left the SDD only for the system and the HD for my programs, today I opened a guide on the Microsoft website to clean the C: disk, but there are...
  4. Excessive GPU-CPU usage when not using the computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Excessive GPU-CPU usage when not using the computer: While looking at my phone in front of the computer, an error came to the computer screen.I saw that it's about excessive GPU usage. But I was not using the laptop for 30-40 minutes and no programs were open that would tire my computer.I opened the task manager and suddenly...
  5. Excessive GPU-CPU usage when not using the computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Excessive GPU-CPU usage when not using the computer: While looking at my phone in front of the computer, an error came to the computer screen.I saw that it's about excessive GPU usage. But I was not using the laptop for 30-40 minutes and no programs were open that would tire my computer.I opened the task manager and suddenly...
  6. Excessively High CPU Usage Possible Infection

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Excessively High CPU Usage Possible Infection: Hello, I have recently been dealing with excessively high CPU usage for the past few weeks. I could not find what was causing it until I opened up Performance Monitor, showing me that the responsible .exes were SearchApp.exe, LockApp.exe, ShellExperienceHost.exe,...
  7. Connected Devices Platform, High CPU usage.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Connected Devices Platform, High CPU usage.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/OkEntertainer99 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eh69cv/connected_devices_platform_high_cpu_usage/
  8. Excessive CPU Usage

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Excessive CPU Usage: I have a hard time running programs because its always lagging. Even if I run a single tab. Even if I run a single program. And even when it's idle on the desktop screen with no running programs. It always seems to use like near 50% of CPU then goes to 100%. I always kill...
  9. Windows explorer excessive CPU usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows explorer excessive CPU usage: My machine is WIN10, ran WPR on a clean boot, started recording right after cpu usage jumped. WPR log I appreciate any ideas anyone can offer....
  10. Excessive CPU Usage with Browser(s)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Excessive CPU Usage with Browser(s): Hello all, I recently purchased new a Lenovo Flex 3 1130 (80LY), 2 in 1 laptop. I'm aware it's a entry level machine and it's purpose is primarily just for school. Definitly not going to run my server.....lol. Everything is as expected with the machine except the CPU...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. svchost.exe Service Host: Connected Devices Platform Service

2. connected devices platform user service

3. svchost.exe Service Host: Connected Devices Platform User Service

4. windows high drive usage connectdevicesplatform,
  5. connected devices platform service,
  6. connected devices platform user service cpu,
  7. connected devices platform,
  8. svchost.exe Service Host: Connected Devices Platform User Service_b33686,
  9. svchost.exe Service Host: Connected Devices Platform User Service_5d1982,
  10. svchost.exe Service Host: Connected Devices Platform User Service_174772fc,
  11. service host connected devices platform user service,
  12. svchost.exe Service Host: Connected Devices Platform User Service_6ece4e8,
  13. svchost.exe Service Host: Connected Devices Platform User Service_d2aba,
  14. connected devices platform user service files,
  15. svchost.exe Service Host: Connected Devices Platform User Service_3ecc4