Windows 10: Connected Devices Platform Service terminated unexpectedly

Discus and support Connected Devices Platform Service terminated unexpectedly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good evening, I keep getting a LOT of errors within EventVwr and suspect this is why my system locks up now and again, without any other error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Grimpeeper666, Feb 7, 2021.

1. Connected Devices Platform Service terminated unexpectedly

Good evening,

I keep getting a LOT of errors within EventVwr and suspect this is why my system locks up now and again, without any other error messages:

The Connected Devices Platform Service service terminated with the following error:
    Unspecified error

And

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    {2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}
    and APPID
    {15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}

And

The server {37998346-3765-45B1-8C66-AA88CA6B20B8} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

These appear to point to XBox application/game bar. I can't get them to register within DCOM either.

My PC is not on a Domain, it was newly built and installed in December, Windows 10 was a brand new build, and other than the GPU And two mechanical drives, everything is new. Temperatures are low CPU and GPU don't exceed 65 degrees under full load, good cooling! and my specs are more than enough to run pretty much anything:

Intel i7 10700k

32gb DDR4 3200 Corsair CL16

Gigabyte Aorus Z490 Board Has on board PCIe 4 for future chips. neat

1TB NVME

500gb NVME

4TB Mechanical

6TB Mechanical

RTX 2070

AIO NZXT Kraken

850w Thermaltake Gold rated PSU

I can tell the machine locks up as the RGB Stops "mixing" as it was, and the mouse/keyboard stop working!

All drivers are up to date, latest BIOS installed. All windows updates are installed and latest, I can't leave my machine on 24/7 anymore as it locks up!

Any ideas on this issue would be of great help. Any questions let me know.

:)

Grimpeeper666, Feb 7, 2021
  2. borgus Win User

The Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service terminated unexpectedly.

The Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).

That's the Event Viewer error message at every reboot (appears to occur during the shutdown phase).
    There is a concurrent fault listed for the Canon scanner driver, CNC210C.DLL, which is not corrupted.

Clues on how to banish these errors? Or should they simply be ignored, as they do no apparent harm....

borgus, Feb 7, 2021
  3. Martin_R. Win User
    Event Id 7023 Windows Anniversary Update - The Connected Devices Platform Service service terminated with the following error: Unspecified error

Hey everybody,

I got lost during your conversation. But I definitely found a solution for my problem!
    Here it is:

Problem Description

• Event Viewer reports Event ID 7023:

The Connected Devices Platform Service service terminated with the following error:

Unspecified error
    • Service "Connected Device Platform Service" cannot be started manually. Error message shown:

Windows could not start Connected Device Platform Service service on Local Computer. Error 0x80004005: Unspecified error
    • System (more specifically explorer.exe) hangs for about 1-2 minutes after Windows 10 was booted.
    • Wireless Display Connection (WiDi) fails to connect.
    Solution

In Settings -> Privacy -> General, option "Let apps on my other devices open apps and continue experiences on this device" is turned OFF. Turn this ON (which is the default setting) and all the problems listed above are
    gone!

This problem shows me that the quality insurance of Microsoft really sucks since the release of 1511. The Anniversary Update has caused me multiple headaches and I really hate that I am forced to install "Feature Updates" which are so bloody buggy like ****.
    The problem above is not the only one I am facing. And most problems have even been present after a complete clean install of Windows 10 1607.

Please mark this posting as solution if I was able to help you. Thanks.

With best regards,

Borkar

External link (German):
    https://ibelievable.blogspot.de/2017/04/windows-10-1607-bleibt-nach-neustart.html

Martin_R., Feb 7, 2021
  4. borate Win User

Connected Devices Platform Service terminated unexpectedly

The Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service terminated unexpectedly

The Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).

That's the Event Viewer error message at every reboot (appears to occur during the shutdown phase).

There is a concurrent fault listed for the Canon scanner driver, CNC210C.DLL, which is not corrupted.

Clues on how to banish these errors? Or should they simply be ignored, as they do no apparent harm....

borate, Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

Connected Devices Platform Service terminated unexpectedly

1. Connected Devices Platform Service terminated unexpectedly - Similar Threads - Connected Devices Platform

2. Windows Audio Service terminated unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Audio Service terminated unexpectedly: Acer Nitro 5 with Windows 11 Os Build 22621.2070Windows does not detect any input or output audio devices. No test sounds are able to be played and no devices are available to enable/disable. On the Windows Event Viewer, I am seeing and error with Event ID 7031:Text: The...
  3. Windows Audio Service terminated unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Audio Service terminated unexpectedly: Acer Nitro 5 with Windows 11 Os Build 22621.2070Windows does not detect any input or output audio devices. No test sounds are able to be played and no devices are available to enable/disable. On the Windows Event Viewer, I am seeing and error with Event ID 7031:Text: The...
  4. What is connected device platform service?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What is connected device platform service?: I don't understand what is this service. It keeps running in the background and I can't disable it from the services app either. Is it a necessary app or just it keeps running??!...
  5. Connected Device Platform Service Stopped working

Connected Device Platform Service Stopped working: Hi! I was checking my reliability history and I saw this critical event. Can someone tell me what is this error and how to fix it. Here's the screenshot of the event. [ATTACH]...
  6. The Connected Devices Platform Service service terminated, Event ID 7023

in Windows 10 News
    The Connected Devices Platform Service service terminated, Event ID 7023: [ATTACH]Whenever something fails on Windows, a service, a program, or anything, it is logged into Event viewer. One such Event ID 7023. It is associated […] This article The Connected Devices Platform Service service terminated, Event ID 7023 first appeared on...
  7. Print Spooler service terminated unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Print Spooler service terminated unexpectedly: Can start the service in services.msc but when it is required to do anything such as manage a printer, or try to add a printer, it will stop. Event ID 7034 - The Print Spooler service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 3 times. I have checked the dependencies and...
  8. "The SB Recon3D Service service terminated unexpectedly"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "The SB Recon3D Service service terminated unexpectedly": Hi, It seems update 1903 broke my Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5 builtin Creative sound card. It's now randomly crashing several times a day, which is getting extremely annoying. I asked both Creative and Gigabyte support for this, both don't care at all and just blame Microsoft....
  9. CONNECTED DEVICES PLATFORM USER SERVICE

CONNECTED DEVICES PLATFORM USER SERVICE: For some reason, the fan on my CPU is constantly running extremely high. When I check my CPU usage in Task Manager, the problem seems to be with the Connected Devices Platform User Service_48125c. I was under the impression that this task started with the computer startup,...
  10. Windows Search service terminated unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search service terminated unexpectedly: Also Windows search service has failed to create the new search index Failed to find gather Application: Windows Windows Search service terminated wit the following error: The system cannot find the drive specified. I am getting these errors in the Event Viewer Windows...