Windows 10: Connected Home unavailable - Cortana

Discus and support Connected Home unavailable - Cortana in Cortana to solve the problem; I do not see in Cortana notebook menu connetted home. I call from Italy and I use Windows 10 in Italian. For this, I cannot control may Hue lights.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by gianfranco amodeo, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Connected Home unavailable - Cortana

I do not see in Cortana notebook menu connetted home. I call from Italy and I use Windows 10 in Italian. For this, I cannot control may Hue lights.

Can You help me?

***Title modified from: cortana domotica***

:)

gianfranco amodeo, Dec 14, 2018
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Cortana Won't Connect

Hi,

To better assist you, what are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far? Have you tried
    resetting and re-configuring
    your
    TCP/IP Settings? If not, we suggest that you do so. Kindly perform these
    methods of troubleshooting and check if Cortana can connect to the internet after performing these methods:

Method 1: Reset TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      this command:

• netsh int ip reset
        and hit
        Enter.

Exit
    Command Prompt
    and
    monitor your Network Connection.

Method 2:
    Reconfigure TCP/IP

To do this, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Run
      these following commands:

• netsh int tcp set heuristics
        disabled

• netsh int tcp
        set global autotuninglevel=disabled

• netsh int tcp set global
        rss=enabled

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 14, 2018
  3. Cortana 'unavailable in your area' but I'm in the UK

Hi,

We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

To make the Cortana work in UK, you should set the default language and speech settings to UK. You are not able to change the speech settings to English UK because you have not downloaded the speech packs for the English UK.
    I suggest you to check the language and speech settings in Cortana by following below steps and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open settings menu.

• Click on Time and language and select
      region and language.

• Under Language option, check which language is Set as default.

• If you find different language, you can change it by clicking on Add a language option.

• Select your preferred language (English UK) and click on
      Set as default under English UK language.

• Now, click on English UK and click on
      Options.(Under Languages)

• Download the language, handwriting and speech packs.

• Now, click on Speech from the
      Time and language
      settings menu.

• Check if you are able to select the speech settings to
      English UK.

• After performing above steps, check if you are able to use Cortana.
    I suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by the
    mickapw in below thread and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Cortana is "unavailable in my country" and am unable to turn on. I am in the UK using English UK.

Cortana is "unavailable in my country" and am unable to turn on. I am in the UK using English UK.

Reference: If you are facing any issue with Cortana, then you may refer to the following Microsoft Help article to fix the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Dec 14, 2018
  4. Dewdrop_ Win User

Connected Home unavailable - Cortana

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

Connected Home unavailable - Cortana

1. Connected Home unavailable - Cortana - Similar Threads - Connected Home unavailable

2. Disable cortana W10 Home

in Cortana
    Disable cortana W10 Home: I've followed instructions to change the windows search registry key but "Windows Search" key doesn't appear and if I try to add it, it says it exists already. Cortana is sucking the life out of this old machine so it needs to be disabled. How do I reveal the "Windows...
  3. "Hey Cortana" Voice Activation is currently unavailable

in Cortana
    "Hey Cortana" Voice Activation is currently unavailable: Trying to set up "Hey Cortana" Unable to.. I see no options. When I click Windows+C it does pop up.. I have check setting over and over and no option to turn on "Hey Cortana" When I turn on Cortana and check setting from there I see " Wake word invocation is currently...
  4. Cortana: Unavailable in English (UK)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana: Unavailable in English (UK): Recently updated to the 2004 build, now whenever launching Cortana it tells me it's unavailable in English UK. I've tried resetting, updating app and setting all language packs to UK, but still get the same issue. It worked perfectly prior to this update. Any ideas? thanks...
  5. Cortana and Connected Home Insteon: It looks like your device is unauthorized

in Cortana
    Cortana and Connected Home Insteon: It looks like your device is unauthorized: I've been using Cortana on Windows 10 devices, Android phones, and Invoke Speakers to control my Insteon smart home switches for years and it's always worked great. However, for the last couple of weeks when asking Cortana to do a smart home command I'll get a "it looks like...
  6. Spotify connect to cortana

in Cortana
    Spotify connect to cortana: Hello I have problems connecting spotify to cortana, when a say "play my song on spotify" it opens the app and does nothing else, if something is already playing the voice command just pauses the music. I have tried everything for about 2 hours trying to fix it,...
  7. Flickering Cortana Home Screen

in Cortana
    Flickering Cortana Home Screen: Hi, just a minor issue with Cortana. I just got this new laptop and there is a button in the bottom left corner of the task bar that brings up Cortana. Pretty normal, yeah? But when I open Cortana, the home page is constantly flickering, almost like the text keeps jumping up...
  8. Cortana Connected Home UK Philips Hue

in Cortana
    Cortana Connected Home UK Philips Hue: On my previous installation of Windows 10 pro, I was able to control my Philips Hue lights using voice commands with Cortana. I have since tried to do the same on a different computer and am running into the following issues: I'm in the UK and Cortana 'Connected Home'...
  9. Cortana will not connect to the internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cortana will not connect to the internet.: I use Cortana to go to places on the internet and It will not connect to it by voice commands. I can type in what I want and it goes to it. Can anyone tell me why Cortana will not connect to the internet. My default Browser is Google Chrome. Any help would be appreciated....
  10. Home button, cortana, connecting to internet not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Home button, cortana, connecting to internet not working: Soon after downloading Windows 10, problems started emerging. Nothing happens when I click on the the icons for home, cortana, connecting to the internet, or power. It is impossible to establish an internet connection, the troubleshooter "couldn't identify the problem". The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. connected home cortana