Windows 10: Connected iPhone to Your Phone app but cannot display photos, messages etc

Discus and support Connected iPhone to Your Phone app but cannot display photos, messages etc in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there. This is my first time using Windows 10. Wanted to try using Your Phone app on Windows 10 coz looks interesting. I managed to connect my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mohd Faizal Ismail, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Connected iPhone to Your Phone app but cannot display photos, messages etc

Hi there. This is my first time using Windows 10. Wanted to try using Your Phone app on Windows 10 coz looks interesting. I managed to connect my iPhone to Your Phone app. However, I am not able to do what is supposed to do such as view photos, messages on the Your Phone app. Even I cannot transfer a website address via Microsoft Edge from my iPhone to Windows 10 using the Continue on PC selection. Any idea?

:)

Mohd Faizal Ismail, Feb 7, 2020
  2. Javo Win User

iPhone Photos import to Windows 10 PC not working

I would like to troubleshoot my inability to import photos from iPhone to Windows 10. I am an advanced user struggling to find relevant help on the internet since most results are unusable masked adverts for paid third party software.

I want to use it the following way

1. connect iPhone via USB to my Windows 10 PC
    2. open Microsoft "Photos" app
    3. click in the upper right on import > add from the device over USB
    4. select all photos and click import

4th step is where it fails, with no usable message.

• I have set the device as trusted on iPhone
    • I mostly don't see it in My Computer, therefore I cannot just copy
    • I tried uninstalling every driver and iTunes software
    • Despite not being visible in Windows Explorer, iTunes can always access the contents with no issue
    • it has a tiny moments when it starts working, but overall import fails sooner or later and never copies all 3k photos. Mostly MSPhotos don't show any content, just failure message, sometimes it shows it's content and acts as I can select what to import, but as described fails sooner or later
    • iTunes can successfully copy entire phone.

Other attempts
    • I tried multiple free 3rd party SW, all of them either failed or seemed like to be usable only after buying their extended version
    • I tried using iTunes for Syncing the Photos
      • I maybe don't know how to use it, or it is faulty too. But I've set the directory where my Photos should be synced, but sync seems to just backup the phone and creates tiny 'Photo Database file', but no photo actually gets copied onto PC.

Javo, Feb 7, 2020
  3. Random Connect to iPhone

Hi!

I'm sitting in front of it my new PC I just bought, minding my own business.

Suddenly a notice pops up and says your photos are ready.. and then I click it and find that all the pics from my iPhone are suddenly copied to the PC into the Photos App. This is so weird because I have never connected my iPhone to the PC. The phone does not sync to iCloud. Besides I don't even have iCloud on the PC.

The iPhone was sitting on the table nearby. I am extremely confused and worried because the PC just randomly copied all the pictures from my phone.

I tried googling but couldn't find anything. I found articles on 'How to connect your iPhone to Windows' and they all had 3-5 steps you had to follow through. But mine just did it on it's own without me wanting to do it!!

Can anyone explain how this happened??? I would love some clue!!!!

claystanton, Feb 7, 2020
  4. Connected iPhone to Your Phone app but cannot display photos, messages etc

Phone app / iphone with windows 10

I noticed there is a phone app and also in settings phone where windows 10 offers to link up with your iPhone or Android. Does anyone know what it does? Seems interesting as to what it’ll do but at the same time sounds risky. I’d be wary of it having a bad impact on my iPhone as Microsoft gets their claws into some kind of synchronisation. At the moment my iPad, iPhone and Mac work wonderfully in sync with each other updating photos, messages, contacts etc. Will bringing my windows 10 pc into the party be a recipe for disaster?

Primarily I use iMessage on my iphone and iPad for texts, does this mean imessages may be able to be sent from my windows 10 pc. Although if it means to maintain a sync that it all has to be done through the iOS cortana app then I will definetely give it a swerve as I prefer to use all the native iOS apps for things like messaging, mail etc

Scottyboy99, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

Connected iPhone to Your Phone app but cannot display photos, messages etc

1. Connected iPhone to Your Phone app but cannot display photos, messages etc - Similar Threads - Connected iPhone Phone

2. Photos app connects with iPhone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app connects with iPhone: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,Did you remember when windows photos update got iCloud access feature. After that when I connect my iPhone to computer, then windows photos app interface opens immediately to import photos from iPhone to computer. I always just wanted to connect to...
  3. Photos app connects with iPhone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app connects with iPhone: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,Did you remember when windows photos update got iCloud access feature. After that when I connect my iPhone to computer, then windows photos app interface opens immediately to import photos from iPhone to computer. I always just wanted to connect to...
  4. Your Phone App and iPhone

Your Phone App and iPhone: I understand that iPhones are not supported for the Your Phone App using any Windows OS including 11. Is there going to be any support or development or the iPhone to be used with the Your Phone App? If so when can expect to see it available? I already have an Android and its...
  5. Your Phone App and iPhone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Your Phone App and iPhone: I understand that iPhones are not supported for the Your Phone App using any Windows OS including 11. Is there going to be any support or development or the iPhone to be used with the Your Phone App? If so when can expect to see it available? I already have an Android and its...
  6. Can’t connect iPhone to Your Phone app on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t connect iPhone to Your Phone app on windows 10: I can’t connect my iPhone to the Your Phone app on windows 10 in settings it says I can connect a iPhone but when I click add a phone it shows how to connect a android but I’m on a iPhone not a android It doesn’t show any option for iPhone but clearly in setting it said “Add...
  7. Can’t connect iPhone to Your Phone app on windows 10

Can’t connect iPhone to Your Phone app on windows 10: I can’t connect my iPhone to the Your Phone app on windows 10 in settings it says I can connect a iPhone but when I click add a phone it shows how to connect a android but I’m on a iPhone not a android It doesn’t show any option for iPhone but clearly in setting it said “Add...
  8. Your Phone App and Iphone

Your Phone App and Iphone: Is there any plans to have the Your Phone App available to IPhone users? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-phone-app-and-iphone/62595199-9b27-464f-9308-0eab58c74d27
  9. W10--Your Phone app--iPhone

in Cortana
    W10--Your Phone app--iPhone: OK, supposedly the Your Phone app can now deal with iPhones. I have an iPhone 6L. So, I ran the app and was able to link my Iphone with my PC. I d/l the Edge and Cortana apps to my iPhone. I can send an Edge page from my iPhone to my PC. But what I really want to do is view...
  10. "Your Phone" app showing text messages but no photos...

"Your Phone" app showing text messages but no photos...: Hi guys i am trying to troubleshoot my issue for an about month now, still no luck. My phone is clear Android, Nokia 8. As text messages are showing up properly the account must be linked properly. I tried to unlink the phone from my Microsoft account, resetting apps both...