Windows 10: Connected laptop that was on to TV, closed lid. Put laptop in sleep mode (with TV screen...

Discus and support Connected laptop that was on to TV, closed lid. Put laptop in sleep mode (with TV screen... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Reason: would like to keep it in sleep mode overnight without shutting down for heat purposes Any other suggestions for the heat? I have a quiet fan... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/wallpapersdance, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Connected laptop that was on to TV, closed lid. Put laptop in sleep mode (with TV screen...

Reason: would like to keep it in sleep mode overnight without shutting down for heat purposes

Any other suggestions for the heat? I have a quiet fan blowing at the laptop at all times, sometimes the heat seems to cause videos to stutter

I connect a surface book 2 to a TCL 4k TV

submitted by /u/wallpapersdance
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/wallpapersdance, Feb 22, 2021

2. Turn off Laptop monitor when I close the lid and project to my TV

I have a Dell Studio 1745 running Windows 10 under the Windows Insider Program. The latest update was Build 19002.1002, which was a Cumulative Update. I connect to my TCL TV via an HDMI cable.

I used to be able to close the lid to my laptop and the monitor would shut off, and be sent to my TV. And then when I open the lip, the video would go from my TV back to my laptop. All just by closing and opening the lid. It doesn't do that anymore. I have
    to set it to Project to "Second Screen Only" to get it to my TV, and then PC screen only to get it back on my laptop.

Something has changed in one of the updates. I can't remember which settings I changed to get it to do what I want it to do, and I can't find setting to put it back the way it was. I've tried looking at the power settings and what happens when I close the
    lid, but the only option are Shutdown and Sleep.

Does someone know of a setting I can change to put things back they way they were?

SteveShermer, Feb 22, 2021
  3. ZHuber Win User
    My PC connected to a 4K TV changes display size when I close my laptop lid

I have a Windows 10 2019 Acer laptop connected by HDMI to a basic 4K TV. Everything is fine when I have the lid open, display is normal. But when I close the lid on the laptop the display totally shrinks to almost nothing on the TV display. I don't believe
    I had this problem before briefly trying a different 4K TV that I returned. Just hoping to be able to have my screen shut without it changing the display size on the TV. Thanks.

ZHuber, Feb 22, 2021
  4. Dickardo Win User

Connected laptop that was on to TV, closed lid. Put laptop in sleep mode (with TV screen...

New laptop issue with closing lid while using external display

Hi, I recently bought a new MSI gaming laptop to replace my old one but I'm stumped trying to fix an issue I'm experiencing when closing the laptop lid when connected to an external display. I'll try to be as descriptive as I can.

Basically, when I connect my laptop to my TV via HDMI, everything works fine and video playback is smooth on both my laptop screen and on my TV (using extend or duplicate display)

However, as soon as I close my laptop lid, everything jumps from my laptop over to the TV as though I disconnected it, and suddenly video playback become very jittery and laggy. (I have the "do nothing when lid closed" option checked so this isn't the problem
    as the laptop isn't going to sleep)

For information purposes, my laptop screen when on uses the intel UDH Graphics, and my TV uses the

Nvidia graphics.

When I open the Nvidia control panel I can only see my TV listed as a display, not my laptop screen, but when I open the intel graphics command centre I can see both screens.

If I disable Intel UHD Graphics driver in device manager, my laptop screen defaults to using the "Windows Basic Driver", this actually fixes the issue so that closing the lid no longer causes everything to jump screens but obviously using the windows basic
    driver causes everything to look terrible and video playback is horribly jittery.

Weirdly, when I have the intel UHD driver enabled and I click on "identify displays" in the Nvidia control panel, both my laptop and TV have a number 1 displayed on it. but when I disable intel UHD driver so my screen is using the windows basic, my TV shows
    1 but my laptop screen shows 2.

Any suggestion on how to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

Dickardo, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

Connected laptop that was on to TV, closed lid. Put laptop in sleep mode (with TV screen...

1. Connected laptop that was on to TV, closed lid. Put laptop in sleep mode (with TV screen... - Similar Threads - Connected laptop was

2. Connecting the laptop to a TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting the laptop to a TV: I have a problem when I connect my laptop with a Samsung display... When I connect to HDMI, the message "No Signal" appears, and when the display is set to "Extension", the image appears on the screen without problems when playing the video, it works fine.. But when playing...
  3. Connecting the laptop to a TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting the laptop to a TV: I have a problem when I connect my laptop with a Samsung display... When I connect to HDMI, the message "No Signal" appears, and when the display is set to "Extension", the image appears on the screen without problems when playing the video, it works fine.. But when playing...
  4. Connect Laptop to TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connect Laptop to TV: i want to connect laptop HP Pavilion x 360 to a Panasonic TV using HDMI Cable but the laptop is not recognizing the TV after inserting the HDMI cable. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-laptop-to-tv/0a457c6e-ae5e-4ce8-8a29-c2e4af9c2da0
  5. Connecting laptop to TV

Connecting laptop to TV: Hello, I have recently bought a new TV and when I connect it to my laptop through HDMI it shows the screen, but the sound still comes from the laptop. I have checked around and most people say you just go to sound options and choose the TV as the sound device, but when I open...
  6. connect TV and Laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    connect TV and Laptop: I am trying to connect a TV to my computer using a HDMI cable. I get video but no audio. How do I get audio to come out of the TV? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-tv-and-laptop/bb0f91b7-167f-437d-b91c-52d540806a9a
  7. Connect Laptop to TV

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connect Laptop to TV: I have a Lenovo laptop that has Bluetooth, which is turned on. I also have a Toshiba fire edition tv that has blue tooth . Now the trouble is laptop is discoverable, but the tv for some reason isn't discovering it. How do I remedy this? I don't seem to have a connect tab on...
  8. Laptop to TV Connection

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Laptop to TV Connection: I have attempted to connect my Lenovo Laptop HDMI port to a Sharp Aquos HD TV's HDMI Port. I would like to be able to view Video's from my Laptop on the Sharp HD TV. I have tried selecting multiple HDMI Video inputs thru the input select function on the TV's remote control....
  9. Laptop to TV Connection

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop to TV Connection: I have attempted to connect my Lenovo Laptop HDMI port to a Sharp Aquos HD TV's HDMI Port. I would like to be able to view Video's from my Laptop on the Sharp HD TV. I have tried selecting multiple HDMI Video inputs thru the input select function on the TV's remote control....
  10. connect TV to the laptop

connect TV to the laptop: I want my TV to work with the laptop but I cannot see my laptop screen displayed on the TV. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-tv-to-the-laptop/965c6114-59b4-49f5-ad5e-34e3e558758c