Windows 10: Connected my USB and it is working properly but not appearing in Windows explorer?

Discus and support Connected my USB and it is working properly but not appearing in Windows explorer? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [IMG] I'm trying to Install OS to USB but one thing is my USB didn't appear in windows explorer expect CD However i checked at Device Manager but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by iblurry, Nov 22, 2020.

1. iblurry Win User

Connected my USB and it is working properly but not appearing in Windows explorer?

Connected my USB and it is working properly but not appearing in Windows explorer? [​IMG]

I'm trying to Install OS to USB but one thing is

my USB didn't appear in windows explorer expect CD

However i checked at Device Manager but it gave me this description

"This device is working properly"

even checked at Disk management. USB is there but no media

how can i fix this?

:)

iblurry, Nov 22, 2020

2. **SOLVED**USB drives not appearing in windows explorer? help please

As my title says, Im not seeing my usb drives in Windows explorer. i plug them in , there is No sound, no "installing device software", nothing. If i open "my computer" , the progress bar SLOWLY fills up with green, and MAYBE the useless "removeable drive" title will appear, with the right letter, but it isnt any good, because if i click it in ANY way, process explorer freezes. I CAN see the drives i plug in, if I go into Device manager\disc drives. I have tried BOTH Usb 3.0, and 2.0 , annd I have had NO luck. They used to work, but I can think of NO reason why now they do Not. Any useful ideas are Gladly welcomed.**edit** If i have the USB drive plugged in , and try to run Disc manager, it doesnt appear, just a blank window, but if i remove all usb drives, and run it again, viola! it works fine.

If i touch any of these removable drives my PC's windows explorer will freeze

Connected my USB and it is working properly but not appearing in Windows explorer? BE8eRm2.jpg

thanks.

Win 7 64B
    MoBo Asrock Z68 extreme 3 Gen 3
    i5 2500K

jboydgolfer, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Solaris17 Win User
    **SOLVED**USB drives not appearing in windows explorer? help please

can you do a scan for viruses and run a SMART scan on your HDD?

I reccomend
    Hitman or EEK

and pretty much any HDD program will do but I primarily use gsmart or crystal

also do the disks show up in disk management?

only reason i suggest the smart data is because of the slow access time of explorer.

I suggest the virus scan because i had to deal with a system several months ago that had a trojan that modified files and prevented usb devices from loading.

I suggest disk manager because using bench machines for data pulls from HDDs would allocate all of my drive letters and windows stopped issuing them even after the drive was removed and there is a way to clear them.

Solaris17, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Connected my USB and it is working properly but not appearing in Windows explorer?

issue with internet explorer and connection of printer.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern. It could be that some system files are already corrupted or system configuration are not configured properly. To help you with this, please answer the following questions below:

• What is the build version of Windows that you are using? To check it, type in
      winver on Search bar and hit Ok.
    • When did this issue occur?
    • Are you getting any error messages/codes?

Regarding the Internet Explorer concern, you can provide us a screenshot of what exactly is happening to it. Meanwhile, you can perform the following suggested steps:

• See the steps on this link on how to connect printer and troubleshoot if it is not working properly.
    • If the same issue persists, visit this link for some advanced troubleshooting steps.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Lemuel Cie, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Connected my USB and it is working properly but not appearing in Windows explorer?

1. Connected my USB and it is working properly but not appearing in Windows explorer? - Similar Threads - Connected USB working

2. My USB doesnt work properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My USB doesnt work properly: I have a ROG STRIX laptop running windows 10 Home 64bitI've wiped my USB with a program called EaseUS Partition Masterhttps://www.easeus.com/And after that, my usb doesnt have a file system, and when i try to format it, i tried it with DiskPart, Disk Managment and the EaseUS...
  3. my windows explorer does not work properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my windows explorer does not work properly: I am using windows 11 on my acer laptop, recently my windows explorer does not work properly, it stops working, then afetr that when i want to open any app on the desktop the warning come up about file distenation, even i can not open my computer afetr that, then if i go and...
  4. my windows explorer does not work properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my windows explorer does not work properly: I am using windows 11 on my acer laptop, recently my windows explorer does not work properly, it stops working, then afetr that when i want to open any app on the desktop the warning come up about file distenation, even i can not open my computer afetr that, then if i go and...
  5. Windows explorer is not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer is not working properly: When I open windows explorer, I can navigate through all of my files via folders. But as soon as I click on something that will open something else Ex. a .exe or a .png file it just makes my courser make the refresh simbol and will not let me interact with it further. I have...
  6. Windows explorer is not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows explorer is not working properly: When I open windows explorer, I can navigate through all of my files via folders. But as soon as I click on something that will open something else Ex. a .exe or a .png file it just makes my courser make the refresh simbol and will not let me interact with it further. I have...
  7. Windows explorer is not working properly

in Cortana
  8. Windows Explorer not working properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Explorer not working properly: I don't know which section to post. After last insider update, when I change file names or sth similar, the change will not show before refreshing. The explorer fails to restart if I do so in task manager. I tried sfc /scannow DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth...
  9. Windows Explorer not working properly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer not working properly: Hello Guys, My Windows Explorer was not working for a couple of days. It would basically start with loading and then gets stuck for some time. I thought it was virus and scanned my laptop but there wasnt any virus on the laptop and was wondering why i was getting this...
  10. My USB plugs are not working properly

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My USB plugs are not working properly: I keep on connecting my webcam, wifi adapter and USB. It reads all 3 of them but after a couple of minutes they disconnect and stop working. I keep plugging it in and out and sometimes it connects for a couple seconds then it disappears. I have to restart my computer, it was...