Windows 10: Connected network causing Windows to stutter

Discus and support Connected network causing Windows to stutter in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi all, A new, clean install of Windows 10 is behaving very strangely and it's driving me mad. Granted, this is quite an old computer, X58 + Xeon... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by HaoForNow, Jan 4, 2017.

1. HaoForNow Win User

Connected network causing Windows to stutter

Hi all,

A new, clean install of Windows 10 is behaving very strangely and it's driving me mad.

Granted, this is quite an old computer, X58 + Xeon W3530, so there might be compatibility issues but I'm hoping it's something I can fix in Windows itself.

Firstly, Wireless doesn't work. As it's a desktop, I'm using a USB Wireless adapter (TP Link T2U). It can see my access point but when I enter my password, it just sits at 'Verifying and Connecting' forever.

As a result, I started using my phone with USB tethering. This leads me to my second and perhaps main issue.

Whenever I'm connected to the internet, Windows will start stuttering and lagging. As soon as I disconnect, things will go back to normal. This is especially the case for any Microsoft/Windows services.

- Windows Update takes forever to find and download updates.
    - Same with the Store. In fact, it's not completed 1 install.
    - Xbox, Mail, etc will take ages to load my details.
    - Edge is unusable but strangely, IE11 is a bit better.
    - Using Firefox, everything works normally.

Basically, it seems like something is severely affecting Microsoft/Windows services which have network access and limiting their throughput.

Things I've tried already.

- Disabled all unused hardware in the BIOS, e.g. Audio, LAN, extra ports, etc.
    - Fully updated all drivers.
    - Updated as much as I can using WSUS Offline.

One thing I haven't tried is Safe Mode with Networking, I'll try this later.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

:)

HaoForNow, Jan 4, 2017

2. Mouse stutter in win 10

Hi

I have a similar problem my end with the mouse stutter, however when these stutters occur it also causes my audio to stutter. to date no solution have fixed this

previously on Windows 8.1 I had no issues,

All my drivers are up to date for audio, bios, gpu & network

Regards

Nibbles

Nibbles Junior, Jan 4, 2017
  3. Jackm101 Win User
    PC lagging and stuttering during network traffic (Win 10)

After a big windows 10 update, the OS started to stutter on ONLY internet (browser) traffic through web browsers. I also regularly access a personal nas which does not cause stuttering. (unless in combination with web (browser) traffic.

Interesting notes:

All of these complaints like this keep mentioning 'network' traffic but always revolves around web browsing. There is a distinction.

If i uninstall the Ethernet (an intel adapter) reboot and it re installs, it is fine but over the course of hours the stuttering will gradually build back up until I am back to the OS nearly unusable. (effect visible using latencymon)

Other interesting note: MS edge causes the MOST stuttering.

Does not matter what network adapter I switch to, it will eventually build back up and stutter. EVERYTHING stutters, mouse audio and video.

This only started after a large update from microsoft. Fresh virgin installs have same issue now.

Only my windows 10 installs suffer from this after that update. (dont remember which it was)

Jackm101, Jan 4, 2017
  4. John Galt Win User

I'd check the event log for errors, and testing in safe mode is also a good idea.

Did you update the driver on the USB Wifi adapter?

Maybe you need to update your USB port drivers on the motherboard?

When you get the stuttering, what is going on in the task manager? Which processes are spiking?

John Galt, Jan 4, 2017
  5. HaoForNow Win User
    Thanks for the suggestions.

I've tried Safe Mode with no success. I guess I'm not describing it properly by saying it's stuttering, it's more general unresponsiveness with Windows related programs.

In any case, I'm beginning to suspect it's USB related. I do have the latest drivers for my USB WiFi adapter but my problem is that my X58 motherboard is not officially supported on Windows 10. As a result, there aren't any USB drivers available so I've had to use Windows 7 drivers.

That could be causing my problems.

HaoForNow, Jan 5, 2017
  6. John Galt Win User
    John Galt, Jan 5, 2017
  7. John Galt Win User
    Hey, did you check the event log? Was it clean?

John Galt, Jan 5, 2017
  8. HaoForNow Win User

Event log was clean and Task Manager didn't show any strange spikes.

I think I've had enough now and will just go back to 8.1. I don't really want to spend as any money on this old PC.

Thanks for your help anyway.

HaoForNow, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Connected network causing Windows to stutter - Similar Threads - Connected network causing

2. Windows 10 update causing mouse stutter

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 update causing mouse stutter: Despite trying every way I can think of to prevent Windows from automatically updating it somehow keeps enabling itself. Forgetting all the work I keep losing when windows forces my computer to restart without my permission, the most recent update I've gotten is causing my...
  3. Wifi causing Computer to Stutter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi causing Computer to Stutter: So for a while now more than a month my computer has been stuttering under a specific wifi. I know it's this wifi cause whenever I go into a new wifi signal this doesn't happen, what happens is that my computer will have stutters audio and visual; get network errors when I...
  4. Xbox controller causing stutter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox controller causing stutter: Has anyone found a fix for this yet this problem seems to have been going on for years now and I have never seen a fix. I have tried everything I have found online and nothing works. Connected controller with usb, bluetooth, and windows own adapter. Nothing I have turned...
  5. Connecting Bluetooth headphones causes audio and video to stutter and lag

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Connecting Bluetooth headphones causes audio and video to stutter and lag: Prior to updating to Version 10.0.19041 Bluetooth worked fine. After updating Windows to Version 10.0.19041 and later Version 10.0.19042 connecting Bluetooth headphones not only causes audio and video to appear choppy it is actually causing audio and video to play slower. I...
  6. Explorer.exe causing stutters

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer.exe causing stutters: Greetings everyone. My explorer.exe is causing some performance issues on my PC. I use it mostly for gaming, but even if I'm browsing on the internet or watching videos my PC will freeze for around 2 seconds every 2-3 minutes. I pinpointed the culprit to be explorer.exe,...
  7. nvlddmkm.sys causes stuttering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    nvlddmkm.sys causes stuttering: Upon downloading my graphics drivers for my Nvidia Card, nvlddmkm.sys has caused major stuttering and lag. Anyone who can help? Thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvlddmkmsys-causes-stuttering/6ba3a009-bad8-4d44-b70a-88654df9daf6
  8. System-wide stuttering when connected to WiFi network.

System-wide stuttering when connected to WiFi network.: I'm tired of reading through posts and discussions online about this stuttering issue while connected to a WIFI network, but is there a definite solution for this yet? I've tried almost every troubleshooting methods out there, but none of them seem to work!! Here are the...
  9. Internet connection causes stuttering in Bluetooth speaker

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internet connection causes stuttering in Bluetooth speaker: So I recently acquired a new pair of bluetooth Beats. They are great, working wonders with my cellphone. However, despite being able to connect them no problem to my HP laptop, I noticed stuttering on the audio, a lot of it. Some time later, I take notice on the fact that the...
  10. High network usage causes stuttering/latency (Possible X99 issue?)

High network usage causes stuttering/latency (Possible X99 issue?): Hi. So this is an issue that I have been trying to deal with for the past 12 months, and I have yet to find a true solution... First, allow me to give a little backstory to this issue: I bought my first X99 platform motherboard and CPU around this time last year. I started...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows services causing stutter

2. internet traffic causing stutter

3. network trafic causes stutter