Windows 10: Connected standby preventing sleep and wifi? Any input ?

Discus and support Connected standby preventing sleep and wifi? Any input ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a hp spectre, running win 10 1903., 64bit. If i disable connected standby my computer shutsdown instead of going to sleep(when i click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hujkiol1231, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Connected standby preventing sleep and wifi? Any input ?

I have a hp spectre, running win 10 1903., 64bit.

If i disable connected standby my computer shutsdown instead of going to sleep(when i click sleep).

If i enable it, my computer goes to sleep, but wifi stays on. I already changed the option to have wifi disconnected when going to sleep,but it's still the same, any input ?

submitted by /u/hujkiol1231
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hujkiol1231, Apr 28, 2020
  2. eastlands Win User

How to prevent standby/sleep when charging

I need to use an app on my phone constantly to enter data but I cannot find any way of preventing the phone from switching the screen off and going into standby mode.

When I resume I have to navigate my way back into the app which is very frustrating.

In WM6.5 it was possible to prevent sleep mode on mains power. Surely something like this is available in WP7?

eastlands, Apr 28, 2020
  3. t0yz Win User
    Can't enable Modern Standby

You need an exclusively UEFI PC (without Legacy support) for Modern/Connected, at least it's what I've heard. I guess if that Z390 doesn't have it, I am not really expecting any consumer desktops to implement it, I assume it would require manufacturers to kinda rewrite their BIOS. It is also indirectly suggested on Anandtech that the feature depends on the onboard WiFi:

Personally I love my Ethernet cables and 1Gbit speeds, and WiFi would be the last thing I'd do to my PC, but I would like to test this feature when I buy a new PC, since Z370 is clearly out of question. Considering that Z390 basically has onboard WiFi and Z370 doesn't , it further solidifies this as a potential WiFi only feature. Maybe it's possible for the PC to switch to WiFi for Connected Standby and then back to wire after it wakes up? That would be nice.

Edit: there's also this:
    "Modern Standby is only available on some SoC systems. When it's supported, the system does not support S1-S3."

Yeah... S3 is the "normal" standby. So if your firmware manufacturer supports that, it's bye-bye Modern? Ouch.

4. benoitvm Win User

Connected standby preventing sleep and wifi? Any input ?

Sleep set to never, yet system enters 'connected standby' due to 'idle timeout' - why ?

I have a freshly installed workstation and have changed the power setting to sleep=never while plugged in.

Yet, after some time, the system goes to 'connected standby'.

In the event log, I see:

'The system is entering connected standby

Reason: Idle Timeout.'

Is there a way to completely prevent the system from going to sleep ?

benoitvm, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

Connected standby preventing sleep and wifi? Any input ?

1. Connected standby preventing sleep and wifi? Any input ? - Similar Threads - Connected standby preventing

2. windows battery drain in sleep mode with connected standby disabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows battery drain in sleep mode with connected standby disabled: yeah the title says it all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-battery-drain-in-sleep-mode-with-connected/a596d731-af7e-4d53-a267-0c811f8a6787
  3. windows battery drain in sleep mode with connected standby disabled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows battery drain in sleep mode with connected standby disabled: yeah the title says it all https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-battery-drain-in-sleep-mode-with-connected/a596d731-af7e-4d53-a267-0c811f8a6787
  4. How can I prevent Connected Standby from draining my battery?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I prevent Connected Standby from draining my battery?: I have a Dell Inspiron 7506 laptop that's less than a year old and updated to the latest version of Windows 11, and I experienced my first battery issue with it today. I charged the device's battery all the way to 100% last night, put it in my bag, and went to bed. Then, when...
  5. How can I prevent Connected Standby from draining my battery?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I prevent Connected Standby from draining my battery?: I have a Dell Inspiron 7506 laptop that's less than a year old and updated to the latest version of Windows 11, and I experienced my first battery issue with it today. I charged the device's battery all the way to 100% last night, put it in my bag, and went to bed. Then, when...
  6. no network connection in power and sleep to change from connected standby to disconnected...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    no network connection in power and sleep to change from connected standby to disconnected...: My laptop has shipped with modern stanby and this is a connected standby. There is no any option of network connection in power and sleep so i can change from connected standby to disconnected standby. Network connected standby drains too much power I always turn on airplane...
  7. [Query]Prevent WiFi disconnecting while laptop sleeping

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    [Query]Prevent WiFi disconnecting while laptop sleeping: Hi, hope everyone doing fine, can someone please tell me how do I prevent my WiFi getting disconnected when my laptop (Dell XPS 13 9380) goes to sleep? I don't see any power management option in my WiFi adapter settings. My Win 10 version is 20H2 (OS Build 19042.630) 170107
  8. The system is exiting connected standby Reason: Input Mouse

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The system is exiting connected standby Reason: Input Mouse: Hello folks, I have newest Dell XPS 15 9500 with latest Windows 10 installed and there is bug with it. Please read it very carefully bellow before copy & pasting standard M$ answer. 1. Inside Device Manager -> Mice and other pointing devices all Power Settings are...
  9. Bluetooth not working after resuming from sleep (Connected Standby disabled)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth not working after resuming from sleep (Connected Standby disabled): [ATTACH] Dell XPS 7590 i9, Windows 10 Pro 1909. I was having issues with Connected Standby in Windows 10 (Laptop wouldn't go to sleep properly, fans would start up every so often, laptop would suddenly wake up completely with screen coming on, closing the lid would wake...
  10. Can't connect to any wifi

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't connect to any wifi: Hello everyone Everytime I try to connect to a wifi network it tells me "can't connect to this network". I tried to connect to my home network and on my phone using 4G hotspot, and I still get the same error. However, I was able share wifi via USB with my phone and it worked...