Windows 10: Connected to 2 networks, 1 of which I don't recognize

Discus and support Connected to 2 networks, 1 of which I don't recognize in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently, my PC has slowed to a crawl. I have tried everything, but to no avail. I now see in the little icon in the lower right corner, that I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dbeckes, Sep 21, 2020.

1. dbeckes Win User

Connected to 2 networks, 1 of which I don't recognize

Recently, my PC has slowed to a crawl. I have tried everything, but to no avail. I now see in the little icon in the lower right corner, that I am connected to 2 networks, only 1 of which I recognize. When I go to the Network and Sharing Center, I only see the 1 network that I recognize. Any thoughts?

:)

dbeckes, Sep 21, 2020

2. Losing network connection

Hello Dear, if you have a laptop or a PC with a wireless network adapter, you can see a list of available wireless networks and then connect to one of those networks. The wireless networks will only appear if your PC has a wireless network adapter installed, the adapter is turned on, and the wireless access point is in range.

1. Click Start, click Control Panel, click Network and Internet Connections, and then click Network Connections.

2. In the left pane, under Network Tasks, click View available wireless networks.
    In case, If you don't see the network you want to connect to, click Refresh network list. If you see the network but the signal is weak, move the PC closer to the wireless router.

3. Click the network you want to connect to, and then click Connect.

4. If you're connecting to a secure network, type the security key, and then click OK.

I Hope you solve out your query soon.

martinkaren77, Sep 21, 2020
  3. Mel Tar Win User
    No network connection

Hello Graham,

To resolve your concern about wireless network issues, please click the link below and follow the suggested troubleshooting steps:

Let us know how it goes.

Mel Tar, Sep 21, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Connecting computer with no internet connection to network printer

@dk1971
    1. Open Admin command and type: ipconfig

Connected to 2 networks, 1 of which I don't recognize [​IMG]
    2. Win+X->Control Panel->Netwok and Sharing Center
      Follow the screen shot. This should disable internet access from this PC but allows access to local device(s)
      NOTE: Use the IP & Subnet Mask from step 1. Leave Default gateway & DNS Server blank

Connected to 2 networks, 1 of which I don't recognize [​IMG]

topgundcp, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Connected to 2 networks, 1 of which I don't recognize - Similar Threads - Connected networks don't

2. supporting 2 networks on 1 computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    supporting 2 networks on 1 computer: I have a new computer running windows 11 with a regular 1GB nic and a 10GB sfp+. I have installed BLUEIRIS camera software on this computer. It will be a dedicated camera server, supporting 20 or more 4k 25FPS cameras. I hope to be able to isolate the cameras from the rest of...
  3. supporting 2 networks on 1 computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    supporting 2 networks on 1 computer: I have a new computer running windows 11 with a regular 1GB nic and a 10GB sfp+. I have installed BLUEIRIS camera software on this computer. It will be a dedicated camera server, supporting 20 or more 4k 25FPS cameras. I hope to be able to isolate the cameras from the rest of...
  4. 1 network setting crash 2 network connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    1 network setting crash 2 network connection: A few problems with my desktop running Windows 20h2 Pro:If I open "Network & Internet" settings it crashes immediately or occasionally within a second or two. I can open every other settings without problemWhat I can see about the network is is that Windows reports that I'm...
  5. Switching which monitor is 1 or 2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching which monitor is 1 or 2: I would like to switch which monitor is 1 or 2 in a dual monitor setup. I realize I can select which monitor is my default monitor but this is not sufficient. When I use windows key+P If I choose "computer monitor" it does not go to my default monitor. The other issue is,...
  6. 2 Networks connected to 1 workstations - config

2 Networks connected to 1 workstations - config: Hello, I’m in the process of setting up 2 LAN networks at home. This project is calling for each Database server to be on a separate and preferably 1Gb network. Please see attached sketch. I’m not sure how to configure details of the each server and the each work station....
  7. 2 Networks connected to 1 workstations - basic config

2 Networks connected to 1 workstations - basic config: Hello, I’m in the process of setting up 2 LAN networks at home. This project is calling for each Database server to be on a separate and preferably 1Gb network. Please see attached sketch I’m not sure how to configure details of the each server and the each work station....
  8. Computer I don't recognize on my home network

Computer I don't recognize on my home network: When I look at my network (Windows 10) private, home network, I see a computer listed under "Computers" that I don't recognize. How do I find out what computer that is and how do I block it or remove it?...
  9. how to connect 2 devices in to 1

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to connect 2 devices in to 1: hi I have got a Lenovo laptop as well as a Lenovo tablet. but today my tablet broke. So my question is how can I connect my tablet too my laptop? being all of my stuff that I had on the tablet, I cannot access it on my laptop. can anyone help?...
  10. RAID 1 Recognized as 2 Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RAID 1 Recognized as 2 Hard Drives: My custom build is now about a year old. Whe n I first set it up, I configured hardware RAID 1 and the fresh windows install worked perfect. Now after a few upgrades the drives are not seen as a RAID anymore but 1 separate drives. Funny thing is when I mounted on a...